Prometheus at San Diego Comic Con

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 21, 2011, 11:24:50 PM

Author
Prometheus at San Diego Comic Con (Read 33,084 times)

Kol

Kol

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jul 24, 2011, 04:29:33 PM
Human genetically manipulated into other biological material is at least plausible. Turning metal into living tissue is quite another leap entirely.

but the alien and the space jockey are biomechanical. is this plausible?

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: deuterium on Jul 24, 2011, 03:55:54 PM
As to the question of turning an android (or Replicant) from the Alien (Bladerunner) universe into a human...I would argue "what is the point".

Demonstration of power ... or a simple fatherly "No son, THIS is how you tie a shoe" depending on your take.

Human genetically manipulated into other biological material is at least plausible. Turning metal into living tissue is quite another leap entirely.

It is my understanding that Ash/Bishop and other Alien/Aliens era androids are made of a synthetic tissue. An imitation of flesh ... perhaps more closely related to genetics than machine robotics in the nut and bolt sense.  We're not talking about turning the T-800 endo-skeleton into real flesh and bone here.

harlock

harlock

Apparently we wont see the exact ship that landed on LV-426, it'll be a different Jockey ship involved (I'm guessing we will see one due to the confirmation of the Giant Dune Head acting as a pilot).
This apparent recombinant goo could in theory combine with David, enveloping and egg-morphing the android into a version of the alien egg we know.
I think with the eggs in the Derelict, that these were Jockeys egg-morphed (perhaps by the goo) and so their bio-mechanical traits get passed on to the facehuggers within, a half-mechanical version of the jelly-fish like goop the original eggs spawned.

I always wondered if these eggs were egg-morphed Jockeys, why they were so small compared to the Pilot really, however if the goop combines with a creature to form an egg, the chrysalis of the egg could absorb and combine with the matter of the host making the egg a set size...

Now I think that the goop has to combine with a creature to make it a viable egg with a type of facehugger inside. We know somehow a facehugger gets on a Jockey in both films to create a large alien. Its possible the goop to be a type of biohazard, it is accidentally touched by a cut on David, this egg-morphs him, creating a proto-facehugger which infects a Jockey.

On the Derelict, a similar event could have happened to accidentally egg-morph a Jockey and thus another gets face-hugged (the Pilot) leading to the ship on LV-426 that we all know.

Thoughts?

azrael55

azrael55

that's limited thinking from a human perspective ;) as i said, for the space jockeys it might not even make a difference...

anyhow, as to the point of the whole story of turning an android into a human being or similar? i don't know. but reading some of the descriptions of the footage shown, something like this COULD be part of the movie - and the android(s) really seem to have a bigger part in this movie than they had in the previous ones. looking forward to finding out what ridley, spaihts and lindelof came up with.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: harlock on Jul 24, 2011, 07:12:46 PM

I always wondered if these eggs were egg-morphed Jockeys, why they were so small compared to the Pilot really, however if the goop combines with a creature to form an egg, the chrysalis of the egg could absorb and combine with the matter of the host making the egg a set size...

Scott's original concept for the spores were that they use the host as food rather than transform the host into an egg like thing by other means. So Brett and Dalla's body were being absorbed and enveloped.

Kol

Kol

Quote from: harlock on Jul 24, 2011, 07:12:46 PM
Apparently we wont see the exact ship that landed on LV-426, it'll be a different Jockey ship involved (I'm guessing we will see one due to the confirmation of the Giant Dune Head acting as a pilot).
This apparent recombinant goo could in theory combine with David, enveloping and egg-morphing the android into a version of the alien egg we know.
I think with the eggs in the Derelict, that these were Jockeys egg-morphed (perhaps by the goo) and so their bio-mechanical traits get passed on to the facehuggers within, a half-mechanical version of the jelly-fish like goop the original eggs spawned.

Now I think that the goop has to combine with a creature to make it a viable egg with a type of facehugger inside. We know somehow a facehugger gets on a Jockey in both films to create a large alien. Its possible the goop to be a type of biohazard, it is accidentally touched by a cut on David, this egg-morphs him, creating a proto-facehugger which infects a Jockey.

On the Derelict, a similar event could have happened to accidentally egg-morph a Jockey and thus another gets face-hugged (the Pilot) leading to the ship on LV-426 that we all know.

Thoughts?

great thoughts!

i agree with the broad consent, that dAvID will morph into a pre-alien/egg phase in which the creation of the alien species will set mark (hopefully).

but if that event won't happen, to be not disappointed that much, i'm looking forward to his transcendently trip of becoming a hybrid between human/synthetic.
surely, it will set under a spiritual context that shows each scene that will be devoted to fundamental keywords as: to evolve of awareness through fear, paranoia, love, depression, freedom and through acute pain.

i bet not only the opening scene will have their 2001 influence!

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Kol on Jul 24, 2011, 05:05:37 PM

are we taling about the space jockeys who created the bio-mechanical ships in wich they ride?and created the xenomorphs?yes they can make a android into a human.and remeber ridley said androids and robots are old in science fiction.so he needs to do something fresh and cutting edge with this idea.anyway it's not that hard to believe in a movie where ships are piloted by giant heads :laugh:

Kol

Kol

Quote from: zuzuki on Jul 25, 2011, 12:29:33 PM
Quote from: Kol on Jul 24, 2011, 05:05:37 PM

are we taling about the space jockeys who created the bio-mechanical ships in wich they ride?and created the xenomorphs?yes they can make a android into a human.and remeber ridley said androids and robots are old in science fiction.so he needs to do something fresh and cutting edge with this idea.anyway it's not that hard to believe in a movie where ships are piloted by giant heads :laugh:

i'm wondering 'bout this head since yesterday... wtf? :D

ThisBethesdaSea

Fresh and cutting edge may imply that David has an intimate physical relationship with another male or female 'human' crew member. This could perhaps lead to a pregnancy of some sort strange offspring etc... I strongly believe sexuality will be a large factor in this story. I don't think it will be so much a component of a relationship as it will be a subject of exploration. It obviously won't be graphic but it will be talked about and flashed at enough to procure fascination from the audience.

Just an idea.

harlock

harlock

^ Nice idea.

I am reminded of the old anime Armitage III though, where a new type of robot is built with a combination of organic and man-made material that can actually get pregnant.

Kol

Kol

Spoiler
[close]

human space jockeys???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed