E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot

Started by ikarop, Jun 01, 2011, 03:03:03 PM

Author
E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot (Read 66,518 times)

King Rathalos

Chris!(($$))!

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jun 04, 2011, 10:53:17 PM
The 5th dorsal spine/spike IS there. I am 100% positive it is there.
You're right, the 5th dorsal spine IS there. It's just barely visible.

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jun 04, 2011, 10:53:17 PMThe arms are fine except they are missing the things on the elbows.
That's what I'm referring to.

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jun 04, 2011, 10:53:17 PMThey aren't small. If you were 6-7 feet tall and you were laying on the ground you probably wouldn't look as big as you were standing up. Yes I realize the Xenos are really inbetween 7-8 feet.
Agreed. We need better footage with something in close proximity to one so we can draw a more accurate size comparison. It's difficult to tell for sure in the trailer.

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jun 04, 2011, 10:53:17 PMLegs may be necessary for animations. If not, let's hope they get fixed.

Tail does not need the stupid crocodile sail. I highly doubt that plays a role in anything. PERHAPS if there are swimming environments in the game then the sail could be useful but if not its stupid.

Arms can easily be fixed.
I agree, but I can't see how GB couldn't manage using the "Aliens"-design legs for all appropriate animations. Let's just hope they don't have them constantly moving like a lizard as Rebellion did in AvP.

skull-splitter

Just to get this straight: I'd prefer substance over looks, and I'd rather have an alien that doesn't remind me of a guy in a suit (you know, the AvP'99-arms-waving-in-the-air-accurate-but-if-seen-too-many-becoming-laughable type) than one that is pin-point accurate but get's animated in a wrong way so it'll even look worse.

I'd rather have double jointed legs and a blade (smallish) on the tail with semi-OK animation than human-defined joints that are poorly animated.

Having said that, the human-proportion thing IS salvageable if the animations are based mainly on the first two films, smooth and sexy, rather than making it a ravaging creature. But that goes for double jointed aswell...

Bio Mech Hunter

Is it too much to ask for both? :D

skull-splitter

Both what? Human and double-jointed?

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 05, 2011, 07:36:34 PM
Both what? Human and double-jointed?
Substance and looks.

robbritton

How do I get out of this chickensh*t outfit?  ::)

Space_Dementia

I honestly can't wait to get my hands on this game....

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

ok blatantly summing up everything we've seen it looks like a recycled avp3, we're not happy with the alien design cause we have morbid retrebution against avp movies, the voice actors sound way too similar to previous charactors, the weapons actually just look like a substitute to test the environment with, theres not alot to judge to coincide to come to a strict conclusion because theres still another f**kin year of developement so if anything its still in its infancy. im one of the hard core fans like you guys where every little aspect and detail has to be perfect down to atoms so once again bros we're gonna be waiting, and unless AVP galaxy gets everyone together to writewrite to gearbox asking them to fix the tail and not be jarheads bitching isnt gonna do us any good, so its solid we're stuck waiting again

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: spacejocky92:# on Jun 06, 2011, 03:18:04 PM
ok blatantly summing up everything we've seen it looks like a recycled avp3, we're not happy with the alien design cause we have morbid retrebution against avp movies, the voice actors sound way too similar to previous charactors, the weapons actually just look like a substitute to test the environment with, theres not alot to judge to coincide to come to a strict conclusion because theres still another f**kin year of developement so if anything its still in its infancy. im one of the hard core fans like you guys where every little aspect and detail has to be perfect down to atoms so once again bros we're gonna be waiting, and unless AVP galaxy gets everyone together to writewrite to gearbox asking them to fix the tail and not be jarheads bitching isnt gonna do us any good, so its solid we're stuck waiting again
It's exactly the same with the GBX community on their official forum.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: spacejocky92:# on Jun 06, 2011, 03:18:04 PMthe voice actors sound way too similar to previous charactors

Pretty sure that was the point. For the trailer atleast.

Nelizar The Hybrid

When is E3 Coverage of A:CM Gonna be up? if it is at all that is   :)

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jun 06, 2011, 11:38:42 PM
Quote from: spacejocky92:# on Jun 06, 2011, 03:18:04 PMthe voice actors sound way too similar to previous charactors

Pretty sure that was the point. For the trailer atleast.

yea but dude the whole point of creating new charactors...is to have them not be the same

example: alien 1979    tom skerrit-    dallas
              avp requiem      some kid- dallas.....eh?

yuh know i get that whole "montage thing" but montage in this whole series isnt apropriate sometimes unless you do it right
in this case making a charactor sound exactly like a michael biehn (Hicks) is just ennoying

Chris!(($$))!

He doesn't sound exactly like Hicks. And the third unknown guy sounds like no one from the movie, and the Apone sound-a-like sounds more like a stereotypical black sergeant than EXACTLY like Apone.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed