E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot

Started by ikarop, Jun 01, 2011, 03:03:03 PM

Author
E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot (Read 66,537 times)

D.R.

movement is more important than scale in that context.. I would like to have seen some 6'10" actors play aliens in some scenes though...

D.R.

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jun 03, 2011, 08:08:19 PM
You don't even get to see any xenomorphs for more than a few moments in Aliens.  If you did get to look at it long enough, it would begin to look like a man in a suit. 

The xenos in A:CM look fine enough to me.  AVP2010 did a good job on their xenos as well.

I would LOVE it if the aliens looked like guys in suits/ puppets in the game... That would be avant-guard accurate and I'm not kidding. CGI tends to embellish movement to a fault to where it looses it's visceral edge.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: P.B. on Jun 03, 2011, 11:50:02 PM

Thats a puppet, not a suit...

read above.

That's the 5'10" tall stunt man who played the alien in a lot of scenes, not Bolaji Badejo.

Hope not to offend ya CA  just want the facts straight... if someone else already said this I apologize.. Peace and chicken grease.

and it's on the movie too, you said it. and it looks bulky.

D.R.

That's the 5'10" tall stunt man who played the alien in a lot of scenes, not Bolaji Badejo.

Hope not to offend ya CA  just want the facts straight... if someone else already said this I apologize.. Peace and chicken grease.

and it's on the movie too, you said it. and it looks bulky.
[/quote]

Yes it does and I try to ignore it on the last scene... I wish they had trained Badejo for that one stunt... Also, I guess he wouldn't fit in the air duct? OK, i cant start on this path or i will not enjoy my next viewing to the fullest.

Pete Script

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 01, 2011, 06:45:42 PM
Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jun 01, 2011, 06:39:17 PM
How much you wanna bet the Marine we see in the wall is Hudson?

Nah. Huddy got KFC'd like the rest, unless he grabbed the hamsters and ran.

It's going to be interesting to see how they'll handle the settings. Apart from the Sulaco the only 'authentic environment' left from Aliens should be a vapour cloud the size of Nebraska.

I have to agree unfortunately... I am watching aliens to celebrate and Hudson has no helmet on when he is taken.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Pete Script on Jun 04, 2011, 12:26:27 AM
Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 01, 2011, 06:45:42 PM
Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jun 01, 2011, 06:39:17 PM
How much you wanna bet the Marine we see in the wall is Hudson?

Nah. Huddy got KFC'd like the rest, unless he grabbed the hamsters and ran.

It's going to be interesting to see how they'll handle the settings. Apart from the Sulaco the only 'authentic environment' left from Aliens should be a vapour cloud the size of Nebraska.

I have to agree unfortunately... I am watching aliens to celebrate and Hudson has no helmet on when he is taken.

Mai Hope is gone! D=

Pete Script

Sorry bud, would have been cool...

On a different topic I don't get why all this fuss is being made about the tail when if anything it looks like a scaled down version of the queen's. Granted slightly different shape but I think it works fine with rest of the design.

PHANTOM

I just don't understand why they can't just keep the Giger tail or the Alien warrior tail we saw in Aliens, and don't get me started on the hands.

Pete Script

Let's just be glad they didn't go with the tail from the original painting. I am looking at the queen's tail being shoved through bishop and it is almost identical to the one on the alien in the trailer so they are staying true to the movies even with that design. I'm sure some other galaxy users have spotted this too.

Huol

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jun 03, 2011, 04:59:00 PM
What happened to the Alien Warrior models used in the older A:CM screens? :-\

Srsly?

They were hideous.

MrSpaceJockey

The arms of the old models looked like fleshy lumps of poo.  I am much happier with the new ones.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Pete Script on Jun 04, 2011, 12:40:04 AM
On a different topic I don't get why all this fuss is being made about the tail when if anything it looks like a scaled down version of the queen's.

What are you talking about?

We are complaining about the tail fins which did not exist until A:R.

skull-splitter

I don't mind tail fins if done right. The AvP, AvP-R and A:R tailfins are bluntly too big and floppy, while a sharper shape and smaller fin would work just fine IMO.

D.R.

Nobody has mentioned the A:R back spines.... It's not that I'm not gonna want to play this game, it's just they are soooo close to a perfect aliens game for the first time ever and they don't go all the way...

1. Better or very little voice acting done by actors that don't do video games...
2. insect like movement instead of panther/jungle boy grace.
3. design accurate to the film they are basing the game on.
4. no crawling on the ground./ in wide open spaces/ broad daylight
5. single player mode without being followed around by ai marines shooting what you are aiming at/ getting in your way.

Other than that stuff it looks pretty dang exciting. :laugh:

King Rathalos

Quote from: P.B. on Jun 04, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
5. single player mode without being followed around by ai marines shooting what you are aiming at/ getting in your way.

Not to sound rude but, you do know you won't be on your own right? This is a Squad Based shooter like the Brothers in Arms games. Emphasis on squad. Unless what you meant was that the Marine A.I. should be great then yes I agree.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed