E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot

Started by ikarop, Jun 01, 2011, 03:03:03 PM

Author
E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot (Read 67,183 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Gotta say I'm a bit concerned they removed the 5th "dorsal spine" and are giving them the animalistic hind legs (AGAIN!). I hope that don't have them moving primarily on all-four legs again either, like they show in the trailer. :( ...and the tail... what the hell, GB? :-[ What happened to the Alien Warrior models used in the older A:CM screens? :-\

GB is still set on making this "THE" authentic Aliens experience, right? If so, these points shouldn't even be an issue. Unless it's Sega... AGAIN. >:(

RagingDragon

Dude, it's almost as if people would rather have nothing than a trailer with this particular alien model in it.  I for one thought the alien looked good, and could really give a flying crap about the tail as long as the game is fun.  You're only going to see it for two seconds anyway, if at all, before you DIE haters!

I'm sure they'll change the tail, it would probably take 20 minutes to do.  I mean seriously, we saw around a minute of narraration, some graphics and possible cutscenes of a game that's not even in beta yet. 

They probably did it to demonstrate to the development team the anal/neurotic/unstable qualities of the A/P fanbase :D so that they would understand what they were getting themselves into attempting to do anything with the alien, at all, ever.

It worked.

Le Celticant

20 minutes? Wow, if I could work that fast with 3DS max, I'll let you know  :D

They actually did it for marketing / promotional purpose which should be reflective of the product.
If not you can freely try to attack their product and since they do not want that, they show what they've got.
Remember AVP 2010 by the way? Well they show us things 6 months before it came out.
What changed 6 months after? They did not do colour gradient with Adobe After Effect to fake-ish the colours.

QuoteThey probably did it to demonstrate to the development team the anal/neurotic/unstable qualities of the A/P fanbase :D so that they would understand what they were getting themselves into attempting to do anything with the alien, at all, ever.

They did it because there is E3, because it's a very clever move to make the promotion of the game, because it'll increase the excitation, because it'll make sale and because they'll earn plenty of money.
And MOST OF ALL, they don't care about fans. No matters how high are your hope with Gearbox, It's SEGA who runs the thing, it's SEGA the brain and GEARBOX unfortunately has no power in their hand.

I thought you would have learn it since AVP 2010. It's nice to have hope, sure.

chupacabras acheronsis

nobody bitched this much when we were showed the stiff-ass motion tracker and f**ked up pulse rifle killing an alien crawling exactly like this in the 11 second leaked gameplay last year.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 03, 2011, 06:11:55 PM
nobody bitched this much when we were showed the stiff-ass motion tracker and f**ked up pulse rifle killing an alien crawling exactly like this in the 11 second leaked gameplay last year.

I did.
Most people weren't warned of what Next Gen Alien/Predator game could look like (apart PCJ and some minor games it has almost been 9 years since the last solid title).
Now we know what to expect from SEGA, but some want to remain in their little bubble world thinking it's gonna be never seen before which I can't get.

skull-splitter

You guys do realise we've seen faaaaar too little to judge it, right?

chupacabras acheronsis

like that ever stopped anybody.

Sharp Sticks

The Xenoborg

Seems, some people want to keep their hopes low.

I'm not part of them.  ;D
I love the trailer! I like the Alien design, especially the tail. Makes it look more lethal. I just hope they behave right, I don't want Aliens to appear out of nowhere and chase their tails.  :-X

Since this game's based on the film, it means, we won't get to see a Praetorian?
Or an Alien Queen?

Any kind of tough boss or something?  ???

newbeing

Why wouldn't we see a Queen?

They've stated in the past that they were going to introduce Aliens from the movies and a few possible creations of their own.

predxeno

Bio Mech Hunter

Originally GB had set out to make A:CM an extremely authentic Aliens experience. THE Aliens experience, even. By changing the Alien Warrior's design to anything other than how they were portrayed in "Aliens", it automatically diminishes the game's authentic Aliens feel. Which is a very crucial aspect, I might add.

More importantly, people WANT the classic bad ass, monstrous 8' Alien design they know and love from "Aliens". Not the 6' small, wimpy lol-ien with the animal-like legs and wonky tail we've been stuck with for the past decade. :-[

The kicker is this: GB already had a very accurately detailed "Aliens" Alien Warrior model they were using for some A:CM screenshots they released a couple years ago. The design wasn't 100% accurate, but it was damned close and it was still a work in progress, anyway. I want to know what the hell happened to it? If somebody says, "It's because of Sega..." I'm gathering a posse and going on a rampage. >:( Enough of this BS already. :(

Despite these issues, I agree the trailer was pretty bad ass. :)

Chris!(($$))!

These Xenos look very accurate to the ones in ALIENS other than the legs and tail. They are much better than what we saw in AvP3 and anything else in a game.

King Rathalos

Quote from: Greedy Fat Xenoborg on Jun 03, 2011, 06:56:35 PM
Seems, some people want to keep their hopes low.

I'm not part of them.  ;D
I love the trailer! I like the Alien design, especially the tail. Makes it look more lethal. I just hope they behave right, I don't want Aliens to appear out of nowhere and chase their tails.  :-X

Since this game's based on the film, it means, we won't get to see a Praetorian?
Or an Alien Queen?

Any kind of tough boss or something?  ???
QuoteI like the Alien design, especially the tail.
Quoteespecially the tail.

Ash 937

You don't even get to see any xenomorphs for more than a few moments in Aliens.  If you did get to look at it long enough, it would begin to look like a man in a suit. 

The xenos in A:CM look fine enough to me.  AVP2010 did a good job on their xenos as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed