AVPR Blu Ray

Started by genocyber, May 06, 2011, 02:07:29 AM

Author
AVPR Blu Ray (Read 4,447 times)

genocyber

genocyber

How is the Blu Ray compared to the DVD? Is the lighting quality fixed and is there more extra stuff?

Snowdog

Snowdog

There is some more extra stuff. (on the Region B version anyways.)
But it is still dark as hell. At least it is the most sharp image of black you can get for like 90 minutes  ;)
I wouldn't spend my money on it but it is your choise m8 :)

Keyes

Keyes

I rented it a few months back to test, and while I wouldn't say the contrast is fixed, I would say the blacks are much better defined so that you can see what is going on in the shadows. Unfortunately the DVD is so compressed that shades of black just become one dark mess.

Stalker

Stalker

The Blu ray version looks great, fantasic image quality & colour saturation. It's still pretty dark, but you can see what's happening just fine.

Snowdog

Snowdog

the darkness is studio intended to protect our eyes from a really bad movie  :laugh:

predxeno

predxeno

You can actually see in the darkness now.  Also, there's a glitch where Jesse is supposed to get biforcated in the unrated edition, but the Blu-Ray unrated version shows Jesse not getting biforcated.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

As much as I disliked the movie, I actually preferred Jesse's death in theatrical version. The unrated version is just over-the-top, taking away the brutality of Jesse's demise.

avpjunkie

avpjunkie

Quote from: genocyber on May 06, 2011, 02:07:29 AM
How is the Blu Ray compared to the DVD? Is the lighting quality fixed and is there more extra stuff?

I still can't believe after all these years since it's release how dark the Strauss bros. made this film, and no quiet reissue with a higher gamma setting. I know talking about bootlegs is frowned upon, but has one ever been made over the years with the lighting made brighter? (i'm not asking for it if it exists, just wanted to know if it has been done)

SM

SM

Probably not worth the effort.  Just turn your brightness up on your telly.

avpjunkie

avpjunkie

Quote from: SM on Dec 15, 2011, 06:25:52 AM
Probably not worth the effort.  Just turn your brightness up on your telly.

...so true, that does work 8)

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Why do you want to waste money buying that "thing" ?

The Thing from Another World

I was considering buying AVP and AVPR in the 2 part Blu Ray two-pack but having comment because i wanna how much better the picture quility is compared to the DVD copies.

predxeno

predxeno

The AVPR quality is amazing; you can actually see what's in the dark now.  The Trivia Track for AVP1 is fun as is the AVP database for AVPR.  The only complaint I have is that the AVPR was one of the earlier blu-rays and thus lacks certain options like an in-movie side-menu.

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 31, 2012, 03:07:49 AM
The AVPR quality is amazing; you can actually see what's in the dark now.  The Trivia Track for AVP1 is fun as is the AVP database for AVPR.  The only complaint I have is that the AVPR was one of the earlier blu-rays and thus lacks certain options like an in-movie side-menu.
Thanks buddy ill have to pick it up then im trying complete my alien/predator collections on blu ray anyway so after that all i will need is Predator 2

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: The Thing from Another World on Jan 31, 2012, 03:51:01 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 31, 2012, 03:07:49 AM
Thanks buddy ill have to pick it up then im trying complete my alien/predator collections on blu ray anyway so after that all i will need is Predator 2

Hahaha, me too, man. I'll be getting the Alien Anthology for my birthday, then, thanks to Predxeno, I'll be picking up AVP and AVPR a few weeks later. Then, all I will need is Predator 2.... :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed