EXCLUSIVE: Some juicy details from the set of Prometheus

Started by Darkoo, Apr 21, 2011, 06:02:02 PM

Author
EXCLUSIVE: Some juicy details from the set of Prometheus (Read 29,591 times)

CainsSon

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 22, 2011, 11:46:52 PM
So it's a film, set in the ALIEN world, not about the events leading up to the happenings on the Nostromo, but a new tale entirely. It's like they're making a new alien series completely divorced from the original series. I'd say this is definitely a reboot of sorts.

I agree with you. I think EVEN that this film may leave things open for them to REMAKE a version of ALIEN with the new expanded mythology. While also, setting up the original films. That way if it is unsuccessful it serves as an ALIEN, or the studio can have the option of making a second reboot of ALIEN, or even just say to a screenwriter, "Make us a soup! Write the next ALIEN film."

This would explain the whole "pushing the boundaries of what TENT POLE Sci-Fi can be..."

I would love it also, if Ridley did more to connect BLADE RUNNER to ALIEN.

konradski

Their source also saw three aliens and gave details about the costumes.
3rd hand rumour srry but my grandads cats friend percy saw sidney weaver having coffee at the barbers in oldham

proof that rumour get mis interpreted/// dandans post

"the Space Jockey's space craft has been built"

nice! i wonder if its the same one from A L I E N??

nowere do i see the ship has been built

All of these sets are surrounded by wood foam and scaffold so id not see inside, I think this is were the Space Jockey set is."

if you cant see inside. you dont know what it is .if i take the label off a tin of beans and tell u its rice pudding then you have an idea otherwise none,,and when u do open it you then cry as you have a rice alergie

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 27, 2011, 09:05:49 PM
I would love it also, if Ridley did more to connect BLADE RUNNER to ALIEN.

I love Ridley Scott's Blade runner too..but not with ALIEN!

Unless they're going after renegade Ash's.... :D

(just my opinion ;) :))

Space Voyager

Quote from: Jace Madan on Apr 27, 2011, 12:28:09 AM
I'm trying to get hyped and excited, I just need to know what it is I'm getting hyped and excited for...

HE HE HE, TRUE!  ;D

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Apr 27, 2011, 10:31:41 PM

Thematically and designwise they have connections but he never really had the idea at the time that they were in the same reality

Corporal Hicks

Some stuff from Aaron Parrott today.

QuoteIs still on set. Filming consoles over lunch, then escape pod stuff. Now they decide to do more console shots at the end of the day. It looks like we will be shooting until 8 ish

QuoteIs on the aliens set again this week as stand by. I also have to get the space suit brackets wired up, but I can't do that when I'm on set rather than the workshop. Lol

Reading back over his statuses he's done a lot of work on the consoles in the movies. Yay for practical.

Sharp Sticks

That sounds awesome. Escape pod sets and space suits - oh my.

Bad Replicant

I want to see it now. I don't care if they're not finished filming.

I want it now.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Apr 28, 2011, 01:45:46 PM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Apr 27, 2011, 10:31:41 PM

Thematically and designwise they have connections but he never really had the idea at the time that they were in the same reality

Agrees...I didn't see any connection except for the dislike of robots/replicants

catsfriend12

I CAN'T WAIT!!! XD

Vulhala

Some guys were discussing this over on IMDb. Probably absolutely nothing, as Google Maps is about 2 year behind. Interesting shape though. Derelict anyone?  :laugh:

azrael55

hmmmm...

two derelicts?

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Vulhala on Jun 14, 2011, 07:54:07 AM
Derelict anyone?  :laugh:

monorail or part of some railway set?

Vulhala

Could be anything except the Derelict. Picture would be far too old by now. I still nearly shot when I first saw it though  :laugh:

Bat Chain Puller

Looks like the outside of a small corridor set. Or a section of a small corridor set.

Brings to mind scenes reminiscent of Dallas in the Air duct or Hicks and Ripley leading the escape to the dropship.

Then again, it could just be a regular sized hallway segment. Hard to tell the scale. Especially if the built it to accommodate camera and crew.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed