EXCLUSIVE: Some juicy details from the set of Prometheus

Started by Darkoo, Apr 21, 2011, 06:02:02 PM

Author
EXCLUSIVE: Some juicy details from the set of Prometheus (Read 29,938 times)

jimmylace

this is not only news, this is cool news. very cool, fantastic, great, awesome news.

azrael55

at least some proper "news" after the last few childish threads by dandan - and even though no one knows for sure if this is real, at least there is a good chance it is.

was really looking forward to seeing something new, so i hope the "regular" alien designs will only appear in the end of the movie to make the connection - before they should concentrate on the jockeys / the non-human form of the aliens.

scarhunter92

Great news. I wish Scott hadn't played around with us a few months ago.

szkoki

I love Idris Elba, Michael Fassbender and Benedict Wong! :D Some british actors ...just love their accents too!

azrael55

one thing to add though - this could be part of the campaign trying to mislead people. Adding some true information about new cast members just makes it seem more legit while the whole part about the aliens sitting outside having lunch could be false.

i guess there's been far too much confusion already and we'll only know for sure what this movie is about when it's released. well played, mr scott ;)

locohead

My hopes just went up high

Fujimaster

My Spider sense is tingling. And so is the rest of me. WOOT Great news!

Nightmare Asylum

Well, I'm amazed. This is perfect.

St_Eddie

Quote from: azrael55 on Apr 22, 2011, 11:50:20 AM
one thing to add though - this could be part of the campaign trying to mislead people. Adding some true information about new cast members just makes it seem more legit while the whole part about the aliens sitting outside having lunch could be false.

Misleading the public by telling them it isn't an Alien prequel makes sense (particularly as Damon Lindelof of LOST fame is involved), building up a sense of disappointment only to make everyone mega-hyped when it turns out to be an Alien film.

Misleading the public by making them believe that it is an Alien prequel, when it is in fact not one, is not the kind of mis-leading campaign that any sane and officially connected PR person would perform.

i.e. Either this report is true or is made up by someone not involved with the actual production.  I can almost guarantee that no one official is leading people to falsely believe that Aliens are involved if they are not.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 22, 2011, 03:57:35 PM
Quote from: azrael55 on Apr 22, 2011, 11:50:20 AM

Misleading the public by telling them it isn't an Alien prequel makes sense (particularly as Damon Lindelof of LOST fame is involved), building up a sense of disappointment only to make everyone mega-hyped when it turns out to be an Alien film.

Misleading the public by making them believe that it is an Alien prequel, when it is in fact not one, is not the kind of mis-leading campaign that any sane and officially connected PR person would perform.

i.e. Either this report is true or is made up by someone not involved with the actual production.  I can almost guarantee that no one official is leading people to falsely believe that Aliens are involved if they are not.

The way I see it, its just what Ridley said it was. It started off as a prequel, but morphed into something new. Its a standalone piece in the same universe that, despite taking place before the first film, isn't really a prequel.

Purebreedalien

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 22, 2011, 04:39:58 PM

The way I see it, its just what Ridley said it was. It started off as a prequel, but morphed into something new. Its a standalone piece in the same universe that, despite taking place before the first film, isn't really a prequel.

I kept thinking of the scriptwriter of Soldier when he said that film intended to be a "side-quel" to Blade Runner

Darwinsgirl

* * * * *  Darkoo!

Great scoop! 8)

A long tunnel sounds like the claustrophobic feel of ALIEN aside from the cutouts of the ALIEN itself.

SOooo exciting!  Loving this! ;D

dragonthingy

Notice how the Aliens are blue/bronze?
Thats so they look black in the dark.

Alien³

The excitement grows!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed