Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 20, 2011, 05:43:13 PM

Author
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) (Read 186,841 times)

Ruadh

Quote from: The Mercenary on Jul 18, 2012, 08:06:49 PM
I believe Toby Jones is contracted to play Zola for 3 movies??? may be he'll work for the Soviets now, like many Nazi scientists did after WWII. Wonder how they'll explain the gap of 70 odd years that Bucky's been missing, frozen at the bottom of the mountain in an icy lake may be.

It's possible. But, I think they sign all the actors on for three movies at least. Could still go either way.

ShadowPred

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Jul 18, 2012, 08:42:29 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 17, 2012, 02:27:20 AM
YEAH!!!!

Agent Coulson is back....FOR MORE.

TAGLINE OF THE f**kING CENTURY!

Spoiler
Coulson died though....or are they bringing another character back from da dead?
[close]

It was a joke...but, for this movie, yeah, a character is back from the dead.

r888

MudButt

The title explains it all. I'm excited for this movie now, very excited.

Rick Grimes

MudButt where've ya been?!

MudButt

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Jul 19, 2012, 07:46:42 PM
MudButt where've ya been?!

Oh you know, on a spiritual quest.

scarhunter92

MudButt

Rick Grimes

Shasvre

Some info from Anthony Russo.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=64484

QuoteIt sort of came out of the blue, but [Marvel] were big fans of Community," Anthony Russo told IGN Movies at the Television Critics Association press tour. "You can sort of draw a line between some things we did on Community and a Marvel movie. I think if you look at some of the big genre episodes -- you know, the paintball episodes, etc. -- there's a cinematic sensibility being explored there that is in the language of those films."

Marvel is a big company, and they've made a lot of movies. These narratives are connected to each other. That's not typical for a feature film, but television people are used to that. There are seasons and seasons of a show, and the history is very important it, obviously... My brother and I were comic book geeks from a young age, and big fantasy geeks. We got to talk to [Marvel] in detail about that. They knew that we understood the brand and their characters really well. We were just incredibly passionate about the movie, and they felt that it was the right match."

"We're trying to grow him as a character. Certainly, he's come a long way from where he started in World War II to where he is in modern-day America. So the character has room for growth because of that huge journey he's been on, number one. Number two, the appeal of these movies is the ensemble. Captain America isn't the only character in the film, and there are other characters that are perhaps lighter in nature." As for whether we'll see any of the other Avengers turn up, he said, "That's something Marvel will shoot me for if I tell you."
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=64486

QuoteOn how they sold themselves to land the gig...

"We were comic book geeks from a young age and big fantasy geeks. We got to talk to them in detail about that history. They knew that we understood the brand really well and the characters really well. It was a long process, actually, of talking to them over and over again, through a series of meetings over a long period of time. And I think they just -- we were really passionate about the movie, incredibly passionate about the movie. They felt that, and they felt like it was the right match."

On what appealed to them in Ed Brubaker's "Winter Soldier" comic-book story...

"Well, we like the [story.] I can't talk too much about specifics, that's the way Marvel handles things. I can say in general that there's sort of a darker, edgier sensibility at work there that we found appealing, and that is going find its way into Captain [America] in the modern day."

On whether flashbacks to WW2 are possible...

"Certainly Cap has this complicated history. We're making the movie for first-time viewers, not just for fans, so, because Cap does have this complicated history -- he was this skinny guy who became a super-soldier, he was born back then and he's living [now] -- in the storytelling, you need to convey that to an audience who doesn't know Cap's story."

On whether the expected heavy visual effects are intimidating...

"They said to us early on in the interview process, "We don't expect you to know anything [about special effects and so forth] -- you don't have to know everything about this stuff, because we're here for that." They're very respectful of directors. They're an amazing company to work with."

On whether any comic book writers and creators have offered any advice...

"We're actually going to have lunch with Brubaker soon. But no, they haven't been involved. In the same way that they would develop a new comic-book series, they give its own space to develop. But certainly everybody is aware [of what's in the comics], has read everything, is aware of all their other material. But they do like each thing to be its own, organic process, which is nice"

On what from The Avengers would he like to interpret into the movie...

"For me, what I loved about the movie, which is what many if not most people loved about the movie, were the character interactions, those great character moments. You have people rubbing up against each other in a way that's exciting and combustible. While all the special effects and the adventure, the thrill and the danger [are] fun, it was those character-to-character interactions are the heart of the film. So that's what [we'll hope to have]."
It's nice to hear that they're meeting with Brubaker. :)

Nightmare Asylum

I love everything I read, especially what he feels was the best aspect about The Avengers. Glad to hear they're meeting with the author, and if there are any other Avengers in the film like they refused to say, I'd assume it'd most likely be Black Widow and Hawkeye. Heck, if they really wanted, they could even easily add Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and Agent Sitwell to the film; all of the supporting cast from the first film are either dead or very, very old, so he's going to need some new faces around him.

First Blood

Yup -- glad they're going to meet with Brubaker on this one.

i hope Brubaker gets a cameo like Straczynski got in Thor

scarhunter92

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jul 25, 2012, 02:12:22 PM
i hope Brubaker gets a cameo like Straczynski got in Thor

Never knew about that. In what part is he?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed