The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 449,603 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

So, gonna finish off Season 3 today? There's something good in store for you if you watch a couple of episodes of Season 4. ;)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Yeah. I'll probably finish season three tonight and start season 4 tomorrow.

Just finished Season 3. My thoughts:

Spoiler
I just wanna say thatMOTHERf**kING HELL THAT WAS GODDAMN HEARTWRENCHING. MY JAW WAS ALMOST ON THE f**kING FLOOR. IT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE AND IT WAS SO SUDDEN! JESUS CHRIST, THAT WAS AWFUL!!! I knew it'd be bad, just not that bad. One of the hardest to watch moments I've ever seen on a TV show. Then when the awful f**kers put the wolf's head on his body...f**k, that was awful. Just like those goddamn Lanisters to kill him when he's not expecting it. They couldn't beat him on the battlefield, so they had to surprise him at that wedding. Now that I've gotten my raw emotion out of the way, time to get down to the other stuff. Daenerys is the best. I can't wait for her to ride into Westoros on her dragons and f**k everyone up and take her rightful place on the iron throne. Because all of the feuds between the Lanisters, Starks and Baratheons isn't gonna mean shit when Daenerys rides in and burns them all to a f**king crisp and her badass f**king unsullied come through and kill any stragglers that remain. Seriously, those guys are pimp. Props to Jorah, too for being a f**king badass. I really, really came to like Jaime throughout this season. He showed he can truly be noble. I still think he's gonna end up with Brienne. Although I'm quite positive I'm terrible at reading that kind of shit. I really, really hate all the Lanisters save for Jaime and Tyrion. Tyrion is actually one of my favorite characters. Special mention goes to the Hound too. He's become such a badass. When Arya started stabbing that dude and he just immediately came to her defense and killed the other guys. What really made me like him was when Arya told him she lifted his knife off of him and he was just like "Next time you do something like that, tell me first." Things are grim as hell now, but a friend of mine told me to not fret, that justice is served in Season 4. I'll be starting it within the next couple days and I'm eagerly anticipating it.  8)
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

One thing you should have learnt by now is that things rarely go as one would expect them to in GoT. However, in regards to the Red Wedding...

Spoiler
Tywin's got a point. Why is it more noble to sacrifice thousands on the battlefield than a handful at the wedding? Say what you will about him, but he is effective. :laugh:
[close]

As for Season 4, Arya and the Hound is a great team-up.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jul 23, 2014, 08:17:32 PM

Spoiler
I just wanna say thatMOTHERf**kING HELL THAT WAS GODDAMN HEARTWRENCHING. MY JAW WAS ALMOST ON THE f**kING FLOOR. IT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE AND IT WAS SO SUDDEN! JESUS CHRIST, THAT WAS AWFUL!!! I knew it'd be bad, just not that bad. One of the hardest to watch moments I've ever seen on a TV show. Then when the awful f**kers put the wolf's head on his body...f**k, that was awful. Just like those goddamn Lanisters to kill him when he's not expecting it. They couldn't beat him on the battlefield, so they had to surprise him at that wedding. Now that I've gotten my raw emotion out of the way, time to get down to the other stuff. Daenerys is the best. I can't wait for her to ride into Westoros on her dragons and f**k everyone up and take her rightful place on the iron throne. Because all of the feuds between the Lanisters, Starks and Baratheons isn't gonna mean shit when Daenerys rides in and burns them all to a f**king crisp and her badass f**king unsullied come through and kill any stragglers that remain. Seriously, those guys are pimp. Props to Jorah, too for being a f**king badass. I really, really came to like Jaime throughout this season. He showed he can truly be noble. I still think he's gonna end up with Brienne. Although I'm quite positive I'm terrible at reading that kind of shit. I really, really hate all the Lanisters save for Jaime and Tyrion. Tyrion is actually one of my favorite characters. Special mention goes to the Hound too. He's become such a badass. When Arya started stabbing that dude and he just immediately came to her defense and killed the other guys. What really made me like him was when Arya told him she lifted his knife off of him and he was just like "Next time you do something like that, tell me first." Things are grim as hell now, but a friend of mine told me to not fret, that justice is served in Season 4. I'll be starting it within the next couple days and I'm eagerly anticipating it.  8)
[close]

Well... as for the Starks and their somewhat naive approach to the power play and scheming going on in all the major houses in Westeros - Albus has a Leslie Nielsen gif lying around somewhere that describes their end perfectly. ;)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Jul 24, 2014, 06:25:07 PM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jul 23, 2014, 08:17:32 PM

Spoiler
[close]
Well... as for the Starks and their somewhat naive approach to the power play and scheming going on in all the major houses in Westeros - Albus has a Leslie Nielsen gif lying around somewhere that describes their end perfectly. ;)
I was this close to using it the other day. ;D

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Albus on Jul 24, 2014, 06:29:58 PM

http://i.imgur.com/YFZi5ID.gif
... and that's another $0.01 in royalties for Eva Industries... ;D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Jul 24, 2014, 06:38:57 PM
Quote from: Albus on Jul 24, 2014, 06:29:58 PM

http://i.imgur.com/YFZi5ID.gif
... and that's another $0.01 in royalties for Eva Industries... ;D

Soon you'll be rich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5NuuJQT8ZM#

Eva

Eva

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Spoiler
Tywin doesn't give a damn about the thousands of lives that would have ended. He cares about his wealth and his family name. And I suppose the Starks were just supposed to take the unlawful murder of their father lying down, huh? I don't think that gif applies to them.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

They had it coming in the way that they were too naive and too bad at playing the game to survive. Ned was too honest. He should have arrested Cersei there and then, not given her time to act. Robb broke his vows to the Freys and ignored the advice from his lords. They didn't deserve what happened to them, but yeah, they had it coming, in a way. :P

Tywin might not care for the soldiers on the battlefield, but he's not an idiot. He doesn't want to see blood spilled just for the sake of it either. He's no Joffrey. Starks might seem like they have the more noble intentions, but at the end of the day, they are all just acting in the interest of their own house. For example, Robb could have bent the knee to the king and saved countless of lives, but he didn't, because he wanted "freedom", but above all I think he wanted revenge.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Spoiler
YES! That little cocksucker is DEAD! Perfectly deserved end too, dying slowly like that. I now fear for Tyrion's life, seeing as how Cersei is such a c**t. She'll probably have him killed.  :'(
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jul 25, 2014, 05:54:53 PM
Spoiler
YES! That little cocksucker is DEAD! Perfectly deserved end too, dying slowly like that. I now fear for Tyrion's life, seeing as how Cersei is such a c**t. She'll probably have him killed.  :'(
[close]

Long live King Joffrey the Just! ;D

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I literally screamed "f**k yeah!" so loud, spit flew from my mouth. I'm so f**king happy right now.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jul 25, 2014, 06:00:21 PM
I literally screamed "f**k yeah!" so loud, spit flew from my mouth. I'm so f**king happy right now.

What do you think of Season 4 and its new characters so far?

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I like the Prince. Forgot his name, but anyone who hates the Lanisters is cool in my book.

Oh and more Hound/Arya teamwork was completely badass!  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed