The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 449,719 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Oh, hell yes! That trailer was amazing. The music was wonderful as well. :)

Spoiler
The shots we saw of the battle of King's Landing looked great, I was afraid they were gonna skip over the whole thing. And the scene where Joffrey orders Sansa to be humiliated and have her dress torn was in there as well, which means we'll get to see Tyrion slap around his worthless ass once more.

The men that stood before Daenerys with the bronze shields in their hands, are those supposed to be the Unsullied? Because those didn't show up until A Storm of Swords, but it might be that they changed things around in the show a bit.
[close]

And yes, that shot of the Night's Watch walking across the ice was beautiful.

By the way, have there been any info on who's playing Qhorin Halfhand?

First Blood

First Blood

Jesus Christ that was fantastic, the song was great as well.  I loved it just as much as Stannis Baratheon's The Cold Winds Are Rising teaser. :)

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 03, 2012, 09:02:40 PM
Oh, hell yes! That trailer was amazing. The music was wonderful as well. :)

Spoiler
The shots we saw of the battle of King's Landing looked great, I was afraid they were gonna skip over the whole thing. And the scene where Joffrey orders Sansa to be humiliated and have her dress torn was in there as well, which means we'll get to see Tyrion slap around his worthless ass once more.

The men that stood before Daenerys with the bronze shields in their hands, are those supposed to be the Unsullied? Because those didn't show up until A Storm of Swords, but it might be that they changed things around in the show a bit.
[close]

And yes, that shot of the Night's Watch walking across the ice was beautiful.

By the way, have there been any info on who's playing Qhorin Halfhand?

Simon Armstrong is playing Qhorin Halfhand :)

And...
Spoiler
They're the guards of Qarth, when Dany arrives there. :)
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 03, 2012, 09:16:11 PMSimon Armstrong is playing Qhorin Halfhand :)

And...
Spoiler
They're the guards of Qarth, when Dany arrives there. :)
[close]

Doesn't look like I imagined him, but he looks grim. :)

Spoiler
I was thinking they might have merged Qarth with Astapor to save time, because they kinda looked like what I imagined the Unsullied would look like. I'm glad they didn't however, it's better they take their time.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 03, 2012, 08:50:45 PM
New trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwGILsrdGdM#ws
oh my GOD, GIVE IT TO ME NOW. ;-;

My favorite since the 'Shadow' trailer.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

You're joy will turn to ashes, and you will know the debt is payed.

Oh, Tyrion...

coolbreeze

Shasvre

Shasvre

I haven't seen this around, so here's our first (?) look at Nonso Anozie as Xaro Xhoan Daxos.

http://www.blackfilm.com/read/2012/02/exclusive-look-nonso-anozie-as-game-of-thrones-xaro-xhoan-daxos/

QuoteWhat character do you play on the second season of Game of Thrones?

I play Xaro Xhoan Daxos and he's an interesting character. He's the prince of Qarth. Qarth is a new land which is further to the east of Dothraki, the host kingdom, where Daenerys was married to Khal Drogo. She's moving on to see if she can find a way to build an army and move to take over her "rightful seat" in Westeros. She bumps into my character and a lot of new interesting things are going to happen. I can't say legally say too much about it but it's going to be eye-opening and exciting.

Had you read the books?

I read the first book, and for the second one, it's so different from it. I started reading it and there are a few changes in the beginning. In the TV series, when Qarth is concerned, it's action packed, and in the book, the land of Qarth is quite boring. It's very mundane. It's packed with days of Daenerys observing the splendor and the wonder of Qarth and gold and majesty and beautiful people and ornate statues. There TV version is different from that. There's a lot more subtext and secrets and moves going on. It is the game of thrones and everybody as an agenda, including my character. It's really interesting stuff.

You worked with Jason Momoa in 2011′s 'Conan the Barbarian' and he appeared in the first season of GOT as Khal Drogo. Have you spoken to him about the series?

Yes. We went back for some reshoots on 'Conan' before I got the job and he was going on and on about it and when I saw him again and I told him I was in 'Game of Thrones,' he was ecstatic. He's really, really sad that he left the show, because I have to say and it sounds cliché because everybody says it, but working for HBO is not like any other TV company I worked with before. This show is like filming a feature film. It's an amazing experience.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Exclusive packaging

First Blood

First Blood

There's one for the house of Targaryen as well.

Shasvre

Shasvre

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 04, 2012, 11:32:40 PM
There's one for the house of Targaryen as well.

http://images.static-bluray.com/movies/covers/38884_front.jpg

That's for the DVD release right?

First Blood

First Blood

And Blu-ray. It's a Best Buy exclusive.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Nice. Now I feel torn between the 2 covers lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed