The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 460,494 times)

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Michael Harper on Feb 27, 2012, 12:58:02 AM
Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Feb 27, 2012, 12:32:12 AM
Cheers old boy , i'm gonna get hold of season 1, i heard they're shooting seasons 2&3 back to back

That'll be Season 3 & 4. Season 2 has already been shot - it begins April 1st. Hopefully, Season 3 & 4, will be shot back to back :D

Wait... so HBO has confirmed the financing of season 3 and 4 already? Don't toy with my feelings dude...

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Tangakkai on Feb 27, 2012, 10:25:39 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Feb 27, 2012, 12:58:02 AM
Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Feb 27, 2012, 12:32:12 AM
Cheers old boy , i'm gonna get hold of season 1, i heard they're shooting seasons 2&3 back to back

That'll be Season 3 & 4. Season 2 has already been shot - it begins April 1st. Hopefully, Season 3 & 4, will be shot back to back :D

Wait... so HBO has confirmed the financing of season 3 and 4 already? Don't toy with my feelings dude...

Well, it hasn't revealed anything yet. I'm expecting them to reveal it after the premiere of Season 2, just as they did by revealing Season 2 after the premiere of Season 1.

There have been so many people, cast and crew who say that Season 3 & 4 will be shot back-to-back, to film the entire A Storm of Swords.

I know it won't happen, but if Book 3 is getting two seasons with two separate budgets (not one shared budget) I would love them to release it as a single 20 episode season. But, that won't happen!

Shasvre

Shasvre

I'm almost done with A Storm of Swords.

Spoiler
That Red Wedding was really something. I knew it was going to happen, but it was still a powerful chapter.

And Joffrey, you piece of shit, you finally got what you deserved.

Also, anyone else think that Coldhands might be Benjen Stark?
[close]

Edit: And here we have a new poster.

First Blood

First Blood

Shasvre

Shasvre

Looks like Renly's crown.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

I don't think it's Renly's crown, because his is made up almost entirely of stag antlers, whilst this one only appears to have a fear antlers. I'm betting on Stannis' crown!

I really like it though. It's simple and effective. I love the touch of battle silhouettes you can see in the crown itself. I myself would have liked to have maybe seen the faces of the five Kings in the Crown, faded in.

Wonder if this will be the final official poster like last years Ned Stark on the Iron Throne poster.

UPDATE:

Just realised that it's actually Robert Baratheon's crown. So, Joffrey's crown now!

Oh and... Hi Res and Uncropped Official Poster:

Can't wait for the full size version of this poster to go on sale. If this is the final official poster, it'll look great next to my Final Season 1 poster with Eddard on the Iron Throne, nice and framed on the wall!

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just finished A Storm of Swords. While I've liked all the three books so far, this one was the best. Jaime was a very interesting character to follow, a fully developed character with many sides to him. Daenerys, Jon and Arya were great as well, all the things that happened beyond the Wall was fascinating. And holy shit, that ending. Both the one with the outlaws and the one with Littlefinger. It's bound to surpass even the part where he betrayed Ned in the first book/season.

Spoiler
The Red Wedding was really something. I knew it was coming, but it was still a very strong chapter. Stannis showing up at the Wall was both surprising and awesome. Sam the Slayer was great as well.
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 01, 2012, 09:52:23 PM
I just finished A Storm of Swords. While I've liked all the three books so far, this one was the best. Jaime was a very interesting character to follow, a fully developed character with many sides to him. Daenerys, Jon and Arya were great as well, all the things that happened beyond the Wall was fascinating. And holy shit, that ending. Both the one with the outlaws and the one with Littlefinger. It's bound to surpass even the part where he betrayed Ned in the first book/season.

Spoiler
The Red Wedding was really something. I knew it was coming, but it was still a very strong chapter. Stannis showing up at the Wall was both surprising and awesome. Sam the Slayer was great as well.
[close]
It's my favourite book in the series too. So many arcs, changes, events. The next two books are a slog in comparison and feel incomplete.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 01, 2012, 09:53:26 PMIt's my favourite book in the series too. So many arcs, changes, events. The next two books are a slog in comparison and feel incomplete.

Hm, that's a bummer. Nevertheless, I must read on. To stop now would be to torture myself.

Is it revealed who Coldhands is later on in the books by the way?

My own guess would be...

Spoiler
Benjen Stark.
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 01, 2012, 09:55:23 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 01, 2012, 09:53:26 PMIt's my favourite book in the series too. So many arcs, changes, events. The next two books are a slog in comparison and feel incomplete.

Hm, that's a bummer. Nevertheless, I must read on. To stop now would be to torture myself. :D

Is it revealed who Coldhands is later on in the books by the way?

My own guess would be...

Spoiler
Benjen Stark.
[close]
You may enjoy them, they're still good! It's just that Book 3 is phenomenal.

Not been revealed yet. I would guess the same but considering some stuff that happens later... I'm unsure.

First Blood

First Blood

Spoiler
[close]

I want know so f**king badly but that would spoil the surprise. Also does Jorah Mormont's role increase as the novels progress?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 01, 2012, 10:06:44 PMI want know so f**king badly but that would spoil the surprise. Also does Jorah Mormont's role increase as the novels progress?

Aye, you have better read that part for yourself.

Ser Jorah is still around in this book, but there's some tension there, to say the least.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Spoiler
[close]

A Storm of Swords is an absolute masterpiece! One of my favourite novels I've ever read. It was epic on so many levels :D

I really enjoy both A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons, because as I've said often before, I think they've got a really emotional, dark, and Calm-Before-the-Storm tone to them. The only issue I have with them is that because they're so long, it is a very lengthy Calm-Before-the-Storm haha. And, obviously the "storm" which is The Winds of Winter ain't with us yet. So, we basically have to wait, hanging on with that tension until George R.R. Martin gives man-birth to the sixth book!

First Blood

First Blood

Picked up A Clash of Kings today. ;D

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

New trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwGILsrdGdM#ws

I think this is an absolutely amazing trailer! That epic opening shot of the Frostfangs is astonishing! :D There is so many good things to mention in that trailer; The Night's Watch men trekking across a Glacier, The Hound slicing down an enemy in slow motion, the wonderful final shot of the Stark Bannerman looking out ways at Winterfell! What a trailer! :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed