The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 460,515 times)

That Yellow Alien

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I've been saving myself for the season one box set release (in March!) to see anything from this series. I'm so ready to lose my virginity to this thing!  :-*

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Feb 25, 2012, 07:46:34 AMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlmM81LD1rY#ws

I'm so ready.
Looking good. Jon's story and the things that's happening beyond the wall didn't quite capture me as much in the books as in the show, but it's really looking good here. :)

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Can't wait to have the trailer in HD! :D

Shasvre

Shasvre

A quick question about something Melisandre said in A Storm of Swords.

Spoiler
Quote"Azor Ahai shall be born again admist smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

She was talking about Stannis here, how he was the chosen of the Lord of Light. I don't know if they expand on this later on, but it seems to me that this would better fit Daenerys, not Stannis. Anyone who read beyond this book want to comment on that?
[close]

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Laufey on Feb 26, 2012, 09:24:05 PM
A quick question about something Melisandre said in A Storm of Swords.

Spoiler
Quote"Azor Ahai shall be born again admist smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

She was talking about Stannis here, how he was the chosen of the Lord of Light. I don't know if they expand on this later on, but it seems to me that this would better fit Daenerys, not Stannis. Anyone who read beyond this book want to comment on that?
[close]

Spoiler
As of yet, I don't think anything has been expanded from that. I can't quite remember. I haven't read A Storm of Swords for at least 3 years. However... I too always felt that Melisandre had gotten it wrong, and that it was supposed to be Daenerys. This is something that might open up once Melisandre learns that there are truly Dragons across the Narrow Sea.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

So words of that has not yet reached Westeros?

Also, I just reached the part of A Storm of Swords where...

Spoiler
Daenerys got her army of eunuchs and turned it (along with her dragons) against the slavers.

Awesome. 8)
[close]

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Laufey on Feb 26, 2012, 11:54:43 PM
So words of that has not yet reached Westeros?

Also, I just reached the part of A Storm of Swords where...

Spoiler
Daenerys got her army of eunuchs and turned it (along with her dragons) against the slavers.

Awesome. 8)
[close]

Excellent part of A Storm of Swords! "Dracarys!"

Spoiler
Well, word has gotten to Westeros about the Dragons, and of Daenerys. But, only a few actually believe it.
[close]

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

I haven't seen a single episode of game of thrones and have never read the books is it worth watching?

First Blood

First Blood

Yes and yes.

The show is one of the best things on tv right now, and though I've only read the first book, it was outstanding. Very good storytelling.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

Cheers old boy , i'm gonna get hold of season 1, i heard they're shooting seasons 2&3 back to back

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Wobblyboddle77 on Feb 27, 2012, 12:32:12 AM
Cheers old boy , i'm gonna get hold of season 1, i heard they're shooting seasons 2&3 back to back

That'll be Season 3 & 4. Season 2 has already been shot - it begins April 1st. Hopefully, Season 3 & 4, will be shot back to back :D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Here it is in HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X66PDW1Mjf8#ws

I'm ready. I'm so ready.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

BWA-HA-heh-whahehahahahe... ;D

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Any recommendations for where to watch season 1 on the internet? This is something I've been meaning to get into.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed