The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 460,625 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I want to watch with people who haven't read the books.

First Blood

First Blood

:D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Oh, Daenerys. You already have my heart. :-*

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Jon's my favourite. Hodor's is great, too.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

oh god, Varys'.  :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

ace3g

ace3g

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

f**k ya, can't wait.

Shasvre

Shasvre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_gXaJJi54M#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfPtTnaDbdk#ws

Edit: I just read A Clash of Kings. It was f**king fantastic.

It was certainly on a more epic scale than the first book, but never lost all those delightful intrigues either. Tyrion's work in King's Landing was very interesting to follow. I would probably say that his parts of the book along with Arya's journey were the most interesting. Daenery's and Jon's were good as well, seeing Drogon in action was great. Sansa's story was surprisingly interesting and I feel that her character is growing on me. I'm pretty indifferent to Catelyn, but those parts proved to be a nice insight to the greater schemes of the war. The Onion Knight was a pretty likeable character and I hope we haven't seen the last of him. Theon was pretty pathetic and even though his plans went to shit it will be very interesting to see what consequences this will have.

I will say that the naval battle at the end was a pretty boring read (well, at least until Tyrion unleashed the fire). Before that, it was just a game of keeping track of a million different ships. Could be cool to see on the show, but I doubt they'll have the budget to show it in all its glory.

I'm also surprised how little I missed Ned.

And...

Spoiler
Melisandre giving birth to the shadow creature was f**king terrifying. :o
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Sounds f**king great. Should really look into reading the rest of this series. Loved reading A Game of Thrones. Does Joffrey meet the fate he deserves?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 23, 2012, 12:36:11 AMDoes Joffrey meet the fate he deserves?

Spoiler
Nope, not yet. But Tyrion beat the shit out of him at one point at least. :laugh:
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Feb 23, 2012, 12:38:36 AM
Spoiler
Nope, not yet. But Tyrion beat the shit out of him at one point at least. :laugh:
[close]

That will suffice for now. :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just started reading A Storm of Swords as well and I'm glad to see that Jaime has his own POV here.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Laufey on Feb 24, 2012, 06:22:21 PM
I just started reading A Storm of Swords as well and I'm glad to see that Jaime has his own POV here.

From here on in, you're in for an excellent story. Jaime's is one of my favourite of the whole A Song of Ice and Fire series to date.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed