The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 459,675 times)

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

David Benioff and Dan Weiss, the creators of th show.

I think they did an outstanding job with the show, and the resolutions are by far better than those in the books. They are coming full circle beautifully. Ive seldomly seen such a perfectly calculated and well paced show.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Tangakkai on May 31, 2016, 08:11:15 PM
David Benioff and Dan Weiss, the creators of th show.

I think they did an outstanding job with the show, and the resolutions are by far better than those in the books. They are coming full circle beautifully. Ive seldomly seen such a perfectly calculated and well paced show.

the books r better. The show doesn't have 20 chapters of Aegon Targaryen stroking his wiener and nothing happening, cause D&D are hackfrauds.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

The books are better for the simple fact that they are more lore detailed and really get you into the minds of the characters, but they are bloated in regards to certain plot threads, and the show has done a good job streamlining the story down to what matters.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jun 04, 2016, 05:40:42 PM
The books are better for the simple fact that they are more lore detailed and really get you into the minds of the characters, but they are bloated in regards to certain plot threads, and the show has done a good job streamlining the story down to what matters.
May be, but some friends that have read them say they become too repetitive and less enjoyable as the plot advances.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 04, 2016, 09:37:42 PM
May be, but some friends that have read them say they become too repetitive and less enjoyable as the plot advances.

"as the plot advances"
Just when you think it's about to advance, George will write a chapter about a character describing the ground they're walking on, the boiled leather they're wearing and how their wiener is a fat pink mast. Apparently "Brevity is the soul of wit" means absolutely nothing to George and neither does attempting to plan out a story.

Magegg

Magegg

Waif was the freaking T-1000 in this episode XD

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 04, 2016, 09:37:42 PM

The plot stopped advancing way back in 2000 or so, with the end of the third book. Since then it's been a glacial, withering journey towards who-knows-what. I would always recommend the first three books but the rest really depend on how much thumb-twiddling and inventorising you can stomach.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

S6E8 was pretty mediocre in my opinion...

Spoiler
Killing the Blackfish offscreen...really? I mean, come on - you can do better. And the whole Arya scenes were dumb. Surviving the attack last episode is one thing, but one episode later she already jumps around as if it never happened. Time jump ofc...just affecting this storyline.

Another funny thing: Straight before the attack Arya acted totaly out of character - so people came up with several theories that the whole thing was staged involving Jaqen H'ghar and whatever...folks, this season you get straight forward solutions all the time. And ofc Danny and her dragon...IF she crushes the enemy forces with her dragons in episode 10 and the last scene is another "Hail to the queen, breaker of chains...blabla" scene...  :-X

So, what will happen next episode? If they continue their route Jon will loose when suddenly the armies of the Vale save the day - Battle of Blackwater revival. Though, i don't think they do the same thing again. Maybe Little Finger betrays him or simply waits until the battle is over and kills the survivors. And there was a Lannister/Frey party scene at the Twins in the trailer. See potential for betrayal there once again ^^ Whatever, the preview for e9 looks pretty nice.

I liked the Mountain, Hound and Jaime scenes though, still hoping for a good finale.
[close]

Magegg

Magegg

Episode 9 I can say with total security it's the greatest episode of the entire show :D

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Well, they went down the straight route, no suprise. Though, there was one suprise: I even liked the Dany scene this time. Dragon CGI looked pretty good as well. There were several weak episodes and quite a few dumb events this season, but this episode was fantastic. Among my personal top 3 of the whole show for sure. Great editing and choreography - especially for a tv show.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Spoiler
Jon Snow. Sigh. Looking back on it, the whole point of last season's finale was that he's just too stupid to live.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Shasvre

Shasvre

First look at Season 7.

Also, Maisie Williams on set.

Spoiler
That's definitely a northern outfit, so here's hoping she'll make it back to Winterfell for a family reunion. :)

[close]

Infected

Infected

I hope we will get to see more of the Mountain, i really hoped he would slaughtered some of those religious creeps,
he reminds me of some type of Bane from Batman&Robin.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed