Prometheus To Shoot At Scottish Castle Ruins

Started by Darkoo, Apr 03, 2011, 12:43:58 PM

Author
Prometheus To Shoot At Scottish Castle Ruins (Read 4,388 times)

Darkoo

Darkoo

QuoteBleeding Cool has learned that at least one scene of Ridley Scott's upcoming Alien tie-in Prometheus will be filmed in and a round a ruined castle. Just compare and contrast that, for a moment, to the look and feel of Scott's original Alien picture.

We expect that the castle ruins in question will be in the Scottish highlands – in actuality, we mean, not in the movie. It was reported recently that the film will be shooting up there in August and September of this year, which suggests the ruins sequence could take some time to film, and therefore be a substantial part of the movie.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/03/scoop-prometheus-to-shoot-at-scottish-castle-ruins-in-giger-esque-organic-tunnels/

War Wager

So the Jockies are actually kilt-wearing Scotsmen that have been offered immortality by the Gods at the price of wearing ridiculous space suits and herding a bunch cock headed, multi-tounged insects. Brilliant.

But seriously though, I'm really gonna try and visit one of these places. Meeting The Scott is an opportunity that I can't pass up.

Valaquen

Scotland for sure?
Wait ... I'm from Scotland!

I'm going to the Prometheus set.

JaaayDee

I have no idea how a castle can be included in an Alien film. 

Like they said, it's most likely just a reference point where the crew will be stationed.  It won't actually be in the movie.

Sharp Sticks

Yo Val, mail me a brick from the space castle, will you?

A space brick?

Wobblyboddle77

Im guessing they will be using alot of the celtic heritage architecture, and scott will include some form of digital manipulation too here and there, to make the set appear more alien, similar in respect to what he did with the roman coleseum in gladiator. Prometheus is going to see something never ever seen before, by giger that is going to be so messed up especilally mixed with celtic architecture, it will be engraved in the viewers memory. This film will be a return to top form for scott. Scott films in Scotland, how ironic lol

Nightmare Asylum

Well I'm intrigued.

JaaayDee

I still can't fathom how they can make this look alien.  Someone do a mockup please

Valaquen

Look at Giger's rendition of New York City. That'll give ya an idea of biomech magic:

JaaayDee

Alright now that looks amazing.  Hopefully they'll do the same thing here.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That means... Jockeys are scottish.

Yeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Digging this news, by the way. Can't wait to see what the ruins are for. Leading to ancient Jockey cult temples perhaps? ;D

Sharp Sticks

I'm imagining something along the lines of Vincent Ward's Alien III, only without the wooden planet: just beginning a science fiction film in medieval times to make the audience go 'whuh'. That, or maybe an analogue to the hotel in 2001. Or something even weirder.

Hmm. This certainly gets the gears turning.

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 03, 2011, 07:11:37 PM
That means... Jockeys are scottish.
http://i54.tinypic.com/2j5xkw6.jpg
Yeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Knew there was a similarity... very striking.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Apr 03, 2011, 07:15:51 PM
I'm imagining something along the lines of Vincent Ward's Alien III, only without the wooden planet: just beginning a science fiction film in medieval times to make the audience go 'whuh'. That, or maybe an analogue to the hotel in 2001. Or something even weirder.

Hmm. This certainly gets the gears turning.
Weirder than 2001? If its possible, then  :o

I'm certainly in.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

I live in the uk in wales, i watched the film in the cinema on tuesday called The Eagle, it's about the ninth roman legion and the eagle which dissappeared, if u want an idea of how promeththeus will  partly look, watch that it's all filmed in Scotland, that will give you an idea, it's very dark too. It's a well crafted film for having a look at Scotland

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed