AvPG Exclusive: Prometheus Concept Art

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 01, 2011, 07:00:21 AM

Author
AvPG Exclusive: Prometheus Concept Art (Read 73,489 times)

Bishop2

Even though it was obviously a joke, basic April Fool's ettiquette dictates that if someone calls you on your claims being a joke, yoi have to own up. You can't openly deny it and swear on the veracity on your claims - that just makes you a douche. So even after numerous people guessed it, I was disappointed to see Galaxy staffers vehemently claim otherwise. Douchey, fellas.

chupacabras acheronsis

it could have used a bullshit story. all that silence made everyone raise an eyebrow too soon.

at its peak, it should have took an official statement from Fox to call it out.

Valaquen

If they admitted it right away, the joke wouldn't have lasted a minute on the boards. Cheer up, fellas.

Vulhala

Quote from: Bishop2 on Apr 02, 2011, 04:58:08 PM
Even though it was obviously a joke, basic April Fool's ettiquette dictates that if someone calls you on your claims being a joke, yoi have to own up. You can't openly deny it and swear on the veracity on your claims - that just makes you a douche. So even after numerous people guessed it, I was disappointed to see Galaxy staffers vehemently claim otherwise. Douchey, fellas.

Technically, it was mine and Celliens joke, and we didn't deny it. We just didn't say anything.

The Hyena

The idea of a joke is ok; just abit of a tasteless joke because of the subject that everyone wants to know.

Valaquen

"Tasteless" may not be the word you're looking for :/

The Hyena

Well, "Not funny" then.

Mike’s Monsters

It's not the end of the world guys, it was just a little fun we were having. Let's not take it TOO seriously. Live a little.

georgeromero

georgeromero

And i believed that's the real shit which i'm gonna love. But i wouldn't be surprised if FOX came up with something like that.

wmmvrrvrrmm

I think that people ought to spend a few more days talking about this concept artwork as if it wasn't a joke

Sabres21768

I think more people should act butthurt over a BRILLIANT April Fools joke.  ;D

eyesofthedemon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 01, 2011, 09:32:28 PM
Quote from: eyesofthedemon on Apr 01, 2011, 08:58:24 PM
Lowry?

That may be a problem on the account of being dead,good one Hicks ;)

Cool pic though,love the style,glad its a joke though :laugh:

No, seriously...The artist's name is Lowry...He's not dead. I hope he's not.

:laugh: I thought it was a clever sign that it was a joke,Lowry being a famous but long dead artist,read too much into it i suppose ;)

Still an awesome pic though (minus the cannon) :laugh:

Vulhala

I think it's f**king awesome it went as far as it did. I keep randomly cracking up thinking about it.

And Cellien, you got skills dude. Even though we knew it was fake, it was good enough to fool a lot of people. Awesome, awesome work mate  :)

Valaquen

It was awesome, and the art is brilliant.

Cellien

Quote from: eyesofthedemon on Apr 02, 2011, 10:20:47 PM
:laugh: I thought it was a clever sign that it was a joke,Lowry being a famous but long dead artist,read too much into it i suppose ;)

My last name is indeed Lowry. :)
___

Thank you for the compliments!  But if you want to blame someone... blame Vulhala.  IT WAS HIS IDEA!! *runs*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed