Aliens Colonial Marines Update On The Horizon?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 31, 2011, 08:41:43 PM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Update On The Horizon? (Read 16,418 times)

Berserker Pred

the graphics look amazing from what i have seen from screenshots, i imagine it will be released in the 4th QTR of this year if not the begining of next year, maybe they with wait for prometheus?

Chris!(($$))!

Its possible they haven't even changed the graphics since the 2008 screen shots. From what I know the toning down and optimization of graphics comes toward the end of development.

Salt The Fries

UE3 assets might have become dated, very dated.

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Apr 07, 2011, 08:17:27 AM
UE3 assets might have become dated, very dated.

UE3 is what Borderlands, Gears of War 1, 2 and 3, Batman Arkham Asylum/City, Enslaved, Bulletstorm use, it's a very good Engine for staying with the times. although homefront used it too, it really all depends on how you use it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games#Unreal_Engine_3

Vulhala

Homefront looked shocking  :D

Prime113

My local game stop said that it is coming out November 12th 2011.... just sayin.

Space Voyager

Ah, finally I see what MY computer will be able to do in ten years...  :-[

Vulhala

I just had a look on the exhibitors list for E3 and Gearbox aren't there. I know there's still time of course. Or would it be SEGA that announced info about A:CM instead of Gearbox?

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 07, 2011, 02:14:50 PM
I just had a look on the exhibitors list for E3 and Gearbox aren't there. I know there's still time of course. Or would it be SEGA that announced info about A:CM instead of Gearbox?

It's a bit too early, Vulh. Nothing is set in stone yet so don't expect to see any official confirmations until we're closer to June. And it's usually the publisher who announces that kind of stuff.

Vulhala

Thanks man, I wasn't sure.

WinterActual

This is the power of UT 3 engine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM#ws ;) UT3 engine at its best.

locohead

game engine is great. Just thinking how great the game will look  or different to those early screenshots came out.

Ash 937

I could care less about how the game looks as long as they get the atmosphere right.  I still think that the best Aliens-based games came out years ago.  I'd still rather play the original PC version of AvP instead of the installment that came out last year.  Hell, I'd still rather play the original Aliens total conversion for Doom and Quake from the 1990's than AvP 2010.

Brother

True dat.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed