Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 487,731 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Happy! - My mum's fella told me about this and it sounded mad as hell.  And it is, love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7OYkSgmM-w

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 15, 2018, 11:54:34 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 15, 2018, 05:46:31 AMNot as good as Band of Brothers, but still pretty great in its own right. I do think it suffers a bit from a broader focus, but it mostly still works.

There are two main problems with The Pacific:

Firstly, unlike Band of Brothers, it's based on a couple of individual guys' memoirs instead of a third-party book about the unit as a whole, so it boils down to these disparate individuals with no real connection rather than a cohesive group, which both makes it harder to follow who's doing what and less engaging as a whole.

Secondly, Band of Brothers came first.

It's still a great show, but it's not in the same league as BoB. Also it didn't help that out of the three main characters,
Spoiler
the one I really liked gets knocked out halfway through (Leckie) and the other one I liked is hardly in it (Basilone). That leaves Sledge as the focus of most of the episodes, especially in the second half, and I just didn't like him.
[close]

Also not helped by killing off Bernthal two episodes in.

Huggs

Huggs

Binged the entire series of Hannibal. I'd never seen it before. It was exquisite.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 16, 2018, 05:40:02 AM
Binged the entire series of Hannibal. I'd never seen it before. It was exquisite.

Season one and two are awesome.  Season three is a bit hit and miss really for me.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jan 16, 2018, 01:06:03 PM

Season one and two are awesome.  Season three is a bit hit and miss really for me.

Season 3 had to be rushed a bit, if I remember my special features correctly. They weren't pulling the views they wanted and had to wrap it up. Going into the series I had no idea it was so different from the Anthony Hopkins style. Mads really did something special with that character. One of the most well written and filmed tv shows I've ever seen. That season 2 finale was just beyond anything.

Baron Von Marlon

We need an HBO Vietnam series in the vain of BoB/The Pacific.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

WKRP in Cincinatti

"You had an orgy- and I wasn't invited!" :laugh:

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 16, 2018, 05:02:56 PM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jan 16, 2018, 01:06:03 PM

Season 3 had to be rushed a bit, if I remember my special features correctly. They weren't pulling the views they wanted and had to wrap it up. Going into the series I had no idea it was so different from the Anthony Hopkins style. Mads really did something special with that character. One of the most well written and filmed tv shows I've ever seen. That season 2 finale was just beyond anything.

My only issue with Season 3 was how the first few episodes kept replaying bits from the Season 2 finale. Guys, we got the point the first time around.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 17, 2018, 04:07:27 AMWe need an HBO Vietnam series in the vain of BoB/The Pacific.

That could be cool.

For ages now I've hoped they'd do a similar WW2 series about the Desert Rats, because they had a really interesting war - from Africa to Italy to Normandy and into Germany - but unfortunately the chances of Americans making a show about a British unit are practically zilch lol.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Superstore Season 1 Episode 11
A great series and Im happy that ITV2 is going straight into Season 2. Loved the ending lol

farsightblogger

farsightblogger

I just watched the new Toho animated Godzilla on Netflix and it looked great... but I just found the whole thing somewhat boring. Constant unrelated conversations about pseudo-science and faith, cliche predictable characters and just dull action. I love me some Godzilla, apart from the 1998 movie so I was a little surprised I didn't like it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Superstore Season 2 Episode 1
Literally picks up where Season 1 ended. Nice. could have been the same season and we wouldn't have noticed

Prez

Prez

The X-Files Season 11 Episode 3.

That was more like it! This was straight out of vintage seasons 1-2 X-Files. Quirky monster of the week style episode with some truly great moments between Mulder & Scully.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: farsightblogger on Jan 19, 2018, 09:14:17 AM
I just watched the new Toho animated Godzilla on Netflix and it looked great... but I just found the whole thing somewhat boring. Constant unrelated conversations about pseudo-science and faith, cliche predictable characters and just dull action. I love me some Godzilla, apart from the 1998 movie so I was a little surprised I didn't like it.

What pseudo-science? i watched the trailer and the animation style was hideous so it did not grab my attention.

Quote from: Prez on Jan 19, 2018, 11:52:02 PM
The X-Files Season 11 Episode 3.

That was more like it! This was straight out of vintage seasons 1-2 X-Files. Quirky monster of the week style episode with some truly great moments between Mulder & Scully.

I watched only teh first one episode, that was non sensical and rushed as the previous season, i will watch the whole season thought, glad it gets better.

I am currently watching Black Mirror season 4, i watched the third episode, so far is not as good as the first two seasons but not as weak as season 3.

Baron Von Marlon

Loudermilk
Comedy-drama about a recovering alcoholic and the support group he leads.
Not bad. Predictable in parts but the rest makes up for it.

Roast Battle UK
So far not as funny as the US version but it feels less forced and "the wave" ain't present.

Quote from: D88M on Jan 20, 2018, 01:45:28 AM

I am currently watching Black Mirror season 4, i watched the third episode, so far is not as good as the first two seasons but not as weak as season 3.

I agree.
I think the difference is because the first two seasons are British. They're more brutal and in your face compared to the American season 3 and 4.
Those seem diluted and less shocking than the first two.

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 12, 2018, 04:09:22 AM
The Pacific E1-2

Good stuff so far. And hey, there's The Punisher.

I just finished two shows.
- The Punisher was OK.
- But with Vikings season 4 part 2 to me the drama fit better with the violence.

;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed