xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 20, 2014, 02:23:22 AM
It's better than nuclear fallout.

This.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 20, 2014, 02:52:32 AM
They would've just made anti nuke kaijus then.

Say what?

SiL

SiL

The kaiju are constructs. If we started nuking them, the invaders would've made kaiju capable of withstanding nuclear blasts.

So sayeth Kimhari.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Well, Slattern did survive the nuke, so the theory has been tested and proven.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 20, 2014, 02:23:22 AM
It's better than nuclear fallout.

It'd be underwater. One of the best possible natural mediums for shielding against radiation. You literally cannot irradiate water. You can swim in a tank of water meant for cooling rods and suffer no ill effects.

And if Slattern can survive a thermonuclear explosion (along with all the crushing water pressure it would have caused, depth charge-style), it should have been able to survive what ultimately killed it. Which, once again, shows the director had no interest, whatsoever, in even the slightest hint of realism. :)

Ultimately, if something can survive nukes, getting punched by a giant robot would be merely annoying by contrast.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 20, 2014, 10:18:47 AM
It'd be underwater. One of the best possible natural mediums for shielding against radiation. You literally cannot irradiate water. You can swim in a tank of water meant for cooling rods and suffer no ill effects.
You absolutely can irradiate water. And there is so very much stuff in the water that can also be irradiated.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Heck, even Max Rockatansky knew water could be irradiated.  :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Which, once again, shows the director had no interest, whatsoever, in even the slightest hint of realism. :)

No, you think? ::)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

And if Slattern can survive a thermonuclear explosion (along with all the crushing water pressure it would have caused, depth charge-style), it should have been able to survive what ultimately killed it. Which, once again, shows the director had no interest, whatsoever, in even the slightest hint of realism. :)

This was my biggest issue with the film. I rolled my eyes when Slattern came back. It rendered the whole sacrifice and "Clearing a path for the lady" moot. They died for nothing. And then a hot thruster through the chest kills it? Bahahahah.

I would have rather Slattern been killed in the explosion and Gypsy just drug the filleted Raiju down into the portal without the senseless Jason moment. 

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 21, 2014, 12:23:20 AMThis was my biggest issue with the film. I rolled my eyes when Slattern came back. It rendered the whole sacrifice and "Clearing a path for the lady" moot. They died for nothing. And then a hot thruster through the chest kills it? Bahahahah.

I see it as getting rid of Scunner and wounding Slattern to the point where it could be fatally wounded by Gipsy's thruster. It certainly comes across better than a similar scene in Prometheus.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

I agree with it being a stupid idea to be honest. Maybe if it had put up more of a fight and actually made it worth keeping alive after the nuke, but it was killed so easily I just don't think they should have even bothered.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Gilfryd on Apr 21, 2014, 02:02:49 AM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 21, 2014, 12:23:20 AMThis was my biggest issue with the film. I rolled my eyes when Slattern came back. It rendered the whole sacrifice and "Clearing a path for the lady" moot. They died for nothing. And then a hot thruster through the chest kills it? Bahahahah.

I see it as getting rid of Scunner and wounding Slattern to the point where it could be fatally wounded by Gipsy's thruster. It certainly comes across better than a similar scene in Prometheus.

I agree. Slattern survived but it clearly took a lot of damage from the explosion. It was wounded enough to get taken down by Gypsy by then.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Apr 20, 2014, 10:27:44 AM
You absolutely can irradiate water. And there is so very much stuff in the water that can also be irradiated.

Well there you go. As ludicrous as building jaegers might be, it was the best option. Short of somehow building a gigantic missile launcher, like the one Striker Eureka had on her chest, all the way at the bottom of the ocean next to the rift whenever a kaiju would emerge.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 20, 2014, 02:52:21 PM
Which, once again, shows the director had no interest, whatsoever, in even the slightest hint of realism. :)

No, you think? ::)
The movie completely coasts on the Rule of Cool. Citing "leaps of logic" as criticisms of the movie completely misses the movie's point. Would adhering to strict logic be cooler and more entertaining than giant monsters and giant robots wailing on each other? If the answer's "no", then it gets trumped by the Rule of Cool.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 21, 2014, 02:51:06 AM
Well there you go. As ludicrous as building jaegers might be, it was the best option. Short of somehow building a gigantic missile launcher, like the one Striker Eureka had on her chest, all the way at the bottom of the ocean next to the rift whenever a kaiju would emerge.
Just position giant swords in place, as they're apparently the best thing ever.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 21, 2014, 03:56:19 AM
Would adhering to strict logic be cooler and more entertaining than giant monsters and giant robots wailing on each other? If the answer's "no", then it gets trumped by the Rule of Cool.
There are parts in the movie where characters inexplicably acting like idiots does make certain scenes less cool, but that conversation never goes anywhere worthwhile.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed