21 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 940,126 times)

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 21, 2017, 02:30:18 PM
this seems to be the reason why the suits dont have armor plates on any longer

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope they dont spend a lot of time outside the mech running around. This movie is about piloting mech and fighting monsters not about normal action scenes.

ugh, i found this.

looks so bad.

ace3g

ace3g

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

So trailer is tomorrow and a lot of things have been shown off today and yesterday. I'll put them in spoilers just in case.
First we got a plot synopsis, some gifs teasing kaiju, and some Bandai merch.

Spoiler
John Boyega (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) stars as the rebellious Jake Pentecost, a once-promising Jaeger pilot whose legendary father gave his life to secure humanity's victory against the monstrous "Kaiju." Jake has since abandoned his training only to become caught up in a criminal underworld. But when an even more unstoppable threat is unleashed to tear through our cities and bring the world to its knees, he is given one last chance to live up to his father's legacy by his estranged sister, Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi)—who is leading a brave new generation of pilots that have grown up in the shadow of war. As they seek justice for the fallen, their only hope is to unite together in a global uprising against the forces of extinction.

Jake is joined by gifted rival pilot Lambert (The Fate Of The Furious' Scott Eastwood) and 15-year-old Jaeger hacker Amara (newcomer Cailee Spaeny), as the heroes of the PPDC become the only family he has left. Rising up to become the most powerful defense force to ever walk the earth, they will set course for a spectacular all-new adventure on a towering scale.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Don't know if I'm a fan of these guys or not, doesn't seem to mesh well with the other kaiju but maybe when I see it in motion I'll have my mind changed...

http://www.gojaeger.com/ Enter the code 65*789.

PierreVW

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Idk how sold I am just yet...but I hope NECA will still have the license for these regardless of how I end up liking the movie.

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Oct 06, 2017, 06:26:14 PM
Idk how sold I am just yet...but I hope NECA will still have the license for these regardless of how I end up liking the movie.
They don't, Bandai and Diamond Select have the license. NECA also didn't fight very hard to keep the license for the first film.

frenchfries

frenchfries

After seeing the new figures, I don't miss neca.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

ufff... looks cheap compared to the first one, getting a power rangers vibe. I do appreciate the daylight setting though...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, this looks about as underwhelming as I expected. And I still don't buy into this estranged Pentecost Jr that we've never heard about before.

Master

Master

I miss Charlie Hunnam so much. He'd probably be killed off screen or simillar crap.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Master

Master

I'll watch it and try to have open mind. I love first one.

kwisatz

kwisatz

worst trailer music ever !!--

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: PierreVW on Oct 07, 2017, 07:08:12 PMLooks cheaper and smaller than the first one. Cheaper CGIs.
It's being made for $40 million less than the first and most of the action seems to be taking place in broad daylight, combined with trailers usually having unfinished shots, so... yeah. But I think it looks cool.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed