Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 938,514 times)

Alien³

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gilfryd on Mar 26, 2015, 02:45:26 PM
The original Jaeger is getting a NECA figure -
http://importingmonsters.blogspot.com/2015/03/neca-brawler-yukon-in-works.html

Was that seen in the movie? I don't recall.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

No, but it was featured in the Tales from Year Zero prequel comic -
https://sites.google.com/site/pacificrimdatabase/jaegers/brawler-yukon

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

QuoteOver the past few weeks and months, much has been learned of the future of NECA's rapidly-expanding Pacific Rim line. Its hard to believe how far we've already come, and yet the end is still nowhere in sight. I've decided to gather all the information we know regarding future releases in detail, as well as speculate on what else can be released and how likely those releases are.

http://importingmonsters.blogspot.com/2015/04/imported-thoughts-future-of-necas.html

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gilfryd on Apr 10, 2015, 09:26:59 PM
QuoteOver the past few weeks and months, much has been learned of the future of NECA's rapidly-expanding Pacific Rim line. Its hard to believe how far we've already come, and yet the end is still nowhere in sight. I've decided to gather all the information we know regarding future releases in detail, as well as speculate on what else can be released and how likely those releases are.

http://importingmonsters.blogspot.com/2015/04/imported-thoughts-future-of-necas.html

QuoteWith Gipsy Danger, Striker Eureka, and Cherno Alpha receiving the 18" treatment, it only makes sense to see an 18" Crimson Typhoon at some point down the line. While NECA has yet to say anything on the subject, I would imagine that an 18" Crimson is at the very least currently under consideration, which, like the 18" Striker Eureka, might provide a basis as to what the 7" Crimson Typhoon 2.0 will be like.

OMG, PLEASE RANDY. MAKE IT HAPPEN. Seriously, this thing would look AMAZING if it has LED lights and fully poseable arms. Can you imagine seeing it in the Thundercloud Formation??

QuoteFirst spotted in a video back in December, the winged Otachi was brought up in an interview with Randy Falk at Toy Fair, where Randy explained more about the figure. In addition to the massive (and translucent) wings, staying true to the film, the figure will also have a bloody stump where the tail was severed, as well as a new mouth piece to show where Gipsy Danger had ripped the acid sac out. The figure will be compatible with the regular Otachi, with the tail and stump being interchangeable, as well as the mouth pieces. With this, one can create the "ultimate Otachi" with wings and tail, as seen in the video game. Lastly, the figure will include a clear stand in which Jaegers can be connected to in order to simulate Otachi flying away with a Jaeger in tow. This figure is expected to be officially revealed very soon.

So wait, is it an entirely new figure, or are they just add on parts for the one that's already out there? Either way, given how big the current version is, one with wings might as well be classified as a mini-me 18" figure.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 17, 2015, 07:04:51 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Feb 17, 2015, 06:40:59 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Jan 31, 2015, 03:06:13 PM
Quote from: Omegazilla on Jan 31, 2015, 07:56:13 AM
Holy shit. I never noticed the one in the background was so similar.

To be honest, i always wondered why all the Jaegers were different, if a design works, why not make multiples, it would work out cheaper too, and if one is damaged, it could be scrapped for parts pretty efficiently.

If the monsters kept getting bigger and had different attack methods they needed different machines.

This. Different kaiju require different methods of attack.

that's a good argument for having variety, but it doesn't mean that having multiples of some jaeger designs is a bad idea.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Well just because we never see multiples of one particular design doesn't mean there weren't any. We only saw the end of the Kaiju war in the movie.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 15, 2015, 03:16:57 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 17, 2015, 07:04:51 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Feb 17, 2015, 06:40:59 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Jan 31, 2015, 03:06:13 PM
Quote from: Omegazilla on Jan 31, 2015, 07:56:13 AM
Holy shit. I never noticed the one in the background was so similar.

To be honest, i always wondered why all the Jaegers were different, if a design works, why not make multiples, it would work out cheaper too, and if one is damaged, it could be scrapped for parts pretty efficiently.

If the monsters kept getting bigger and had different attack methods they needed different machines.

This. Different kaiju require different methods of attack.

that's a good argument for having variety, but it doesn't mean that having multiples of some jaeger designs is a bad idea.

Pretty sure the Chinese jaeger had multiple copies.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.legendary.com/news/release-date-announcements-warcraft-pacific-rim-2

QuoteLegendary's PACIFIC RIM 2 will move from April 7, 2017, to Friday, August 4, 2017.  It will be released in 3D by Universal Pictures.

Space Invader

Space Invader

I still want them to combine the remaining parts of Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon to create Crimson Alpha  :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

There was nothing left of Cherno except scraps. Leatherback made sure of that.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 24, 2015, 11:30:15 AM
QuoteLegendary's PACIFIC RIM 2 will move from April 7, 2017, to Friday, August 4, 2017.  It will be released in 3D by Universal Pictures.

Now lets have a King Kong, Godzilla, Pacific Rim crossover.

Magegg

Magegg

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

His complaint about Gipsy is really quite stupid. She was the hero jaeger of the film so it stands to reason that she saves the day.

Magegg

Magegg

I think he meant all the other cool Jaegers were killed without doing nothing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed