Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Pacific Rim films (Read 933,838 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 12, 2012, 12:29:58 PM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Oct 12, 2012, 12:28:06 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img685/7459/1349201472574.gif
Please tell me that is not from a deleted scene. Please tell me that there was not a point in which they actually considered to include this in that film.
Hah! No ammunition for you! It's from the making of documentary.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Good, thanks.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

That just about sums of Prometheus for me.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: RagingDragon on Oct 11, 2012, 08:03:20 PM
This is the kind of film where I feel like I need to really see these massive things moving around on the screen before loading my pompous prick criticism cannon. :laugh:

... Patent pending?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The budget for this movie is huge. I hope it won't flop like Battleship did.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: TJ Doc on Oct 12, 2012, 08:37:59 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Oct 11, 2012, 08:03:20 PM
This is the kind of film where I feel like I need to really see these massive things moving around on the screen before loading my pompous prick criticism cannon. :laugh:

... Patent pending?

Spoiler
:D
[close]

ace3g

ace3g

http://collider.com/pacific-rim-recap-new-york-comic-con/202718/

New York Comic-Con: Guillermo Del Toro Talks PACIFIC RIM and the Prequel Graphic Novel

QuoteOne of the eyes in the robot is a nod to the Portal character GLaDOS, and they even got voice actress Ellen McLain to record a couple lines of dialogue.

Regarding the personalities of the monsters in his movies, Del Toro says, "There's a sense of loss every time a monster dies."  But with the monsters in Pacific Rim, he sees them as a force of nature, so there won't be something like the death of the elemental in Hellboy II: The Golden Army.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

QuoteDel Toro says he wanted to make an adventure movie with a sense of romance.  Not the slick blue steel where everyone is super cool. He wanted storms, dramatic lighting, saturated colors, etc.

This pleases me.

Edvin

Edvin

im so f**king excited for this!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Oct 13, 2012, 06:59:59 PM
QuoteDel Toro says he wanted to make an adventure movie with a sense of romance.  Not the slick blue steel where everyone is super cool. He wanted storms, dramatic lighting, saturated colors, etc.

This pleases me.

Gates

Gates

^Nice...

I just want to see something monster related already...I don't want every detail blown-up, just something...a hand, a tentacle, hell even a silhouette would do...

Needs my kaiju fix...

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Gates on Oct 18, 2012, 02:08:26 AM
^Nice...

I just want to see something monster related already...I don't want every detail blown-up, just something...a hand, a tentacle, hell even a silhouette would do...

Needs my kaiju fix...

Pretty sure we won't see anything of them until the first trailer.

Gates

Gates

Really, nothing..? Well that blows...

Do we have any ideas when the trailer comes out..?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Gates on Oct 20, 2012, 09:58:34 PM
Really, nothing..? Well that blows...

Do we have any ideas when the trailer comes out..?

Speculation points to it being shown in front of The Hobbit, but I don't think anyone knows, but I recall Guillermo saying something about December.

Gates

Gates

Oh okay, not too long now...not bad...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed