Arnold eyes new Predator script

Started by Bat Chain Puller, Mar 07, 2011, 01:07:33 AM

Author
Arnold eyes new Predator script (Read 46,439 times)

Master

Master

Arnold on screen again? Yeah! Arnold in Predator again? No, no, no, no. My concern is not about age nor phisical atributes, but believability. Do we really want to believe that one man can kill Predator like this:

this:

or this one more than once?

Because if he`ll fight those downgraded buttheads form Ps then I pass.

Seriously isn`t it better to demand new, fresh interesting film with new great characters? Is the future of franchise must rely on rehars of all thesame (not funny anymore) quotes, scenes and now even characters? If so then once again I pass.

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Master on Mar 09, 2011, 02:42:19 PM
Arnold on screen again? Yeah! Arnold in Predator again? No, no, no, no. My concern is not about age nor phisical atributes, but believability. Do we really want to believe that one man can kill Predator like this:

this:

or this one more than once?

Because if he`ll fight those downgraded buttheads form Ps then I pass.

Seriously isn`t it better to demand new, fresh interesting film with new great characters? Is the future of franchise must rely on rehars of all thesame (not funny anymore) quotes, scenes and now even characters? If so then once again I pass.

Yup , i'm 100% with you

locohead

locohead

really have a bad feeling the alternate predators ending is coming back

dallevalle

dallevalle

Arnold was in the best predator movie ever made !! bring him back again and you will get the best if not the 2 best predator movie ever made !!

i say bring him back it would be the best he just needs to train abit then its all good :)

Master

Master

Quote from: dallevalle on Mar 10, 2011, 01:16:34 AM
Arnold was in the best predator movie ever made !! bring him back again and you will get the best if not the 2 best predator movie ever made !!

i say bring him back it would be the best he just needs to train abit then its all good :)

Or the worst Predator movie ever which not only be bad but will also shit on beloved original. Look at T3. One iconic actor dosen`t actualy makes the film great. And while all other thigs are lacking he won`t help either.

I want fresh Predator film. Without reused quotes, reused locations, reused scanes and reused characters. Only thing that should link new film with old ones should be Predator itself ( the creature concept, not reused costume from P1). This is the film I`m looking foreward to.

Infected

Infected

He could play a part in one,but only as a guy like Keyes or as a supporting role not as a the main character again.
And the story must be very good not like T3 lol

Original Predator

Quote from: Infected on Mar 10, 2011, 02:03:24 PM
He could play a part in one,but only as a guy like Keyes or as a supporting role not as a the main character again.
And the story must be very good not like T3 lol

Exactly.

To those who oppose Arnold in a new Pred movie, what is wrong with the "supporting" role in the film. 

I think the Pro-Arnold in a Pred movie are understanding the age and ability to kill a Pred is not realistic anymore.  More or less merely asking for the "story" of Dutch to be put to a close and envoke a new character/story. 

It's funny and grade-level how the Anti Arnold in a Pred movie crowd assume he has to take on his old role and kill a Pred like he did 20 years ago.  Are you that close-minded in not believing another angle to a story?

The Predator franchise is not just about "killing a Pred" or "killing man", it's much bigger and more interesting than simply "killing" using Dutch as a buffer and a survivor of a Pred could make a great story and continuation of the Pred franchise.

If you want "killing" there are three movies (If you even want to call them that) available to you AVP1,AVP2, and Predators. You can either purchase or tune in to the USA network or Comedy Central for that matter as I'm sure they will play on those cable channels.

For those that like a real movie driven by more than just "killing", which is what Pred 1 and even 2 were, we'll stick with the Pro Dutch take.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Original Predator on Mar 10, 2011, 04:21:17 PM
To those who oppose Arnold in a new Pred movie, what is wrong with the "supporting" role in the film. 

I can easily tell you this.

You know in one of the PREDATORS script drafts we got sometime around a year or two ago, and how Rodriguez was planning for Dutch to be a Predator clan leader when such a thing like that didn't even make any sense, and even outright contradicts the first film? Yeah, THAT'S what I'm afraid of, and THAT'S why I'm opposing Arnold for any role in a future Predator film.

There is something of the fact that Dutch disappeared which adds to the mystery of his character, and also even adds more to his legend. We saw him defeat a Predator, of course, add or take the plot-armor and shield he had on but he beat a Predator and survived... The man became a legend, and that's just something you don't mess with.

The idea of Arnold coming back is nice, but I don't like the direction PREDATORS took the franchise in, and if Arnold wanted to do a Predator flick, he should've done one twenty years ago when he had the chance but he was filming T2 at the time.

It could be worse... MUCH, MUCH WORSE. If you look at the 1994 script which Rodriguez used, and if he gets Arnold back, who is to say that we won't get a movie with the insanely stupid gladiator plot, with the balls out retarded Predator King?

Do we really want that? Is this what everyone is clamoring for?

I for one, don't.

-Rakai'Thwei

Infected

Infected

yep,the movie must be about the fight and the hunt.
And nowadays things go faster and thougher..this Arnie wont cut it i mean look at Predator and look at the character Dutch he is young very fit and at his prime!
You need a young team some groundbreaking actors who could play a team of cops or maybe better some high tech advanced crooks.
I would cast Chirs Evans or josh duhamel as the funny anti hero,Michelle rodriquez as the woman,liev schreiber as the leading role....and some other good characters. and they get caught up in a mix up with Dutch and his spec team and shit gets out of hand blabla whatever happends i want it to end bad and the preds or pred win this time.
I mean 3 times a....

huntin8-t0n

QuoteYou know in one of the PREDATORS script drafts we got sometime around a year or two ago, and how Rodriguez was planning for Dutch to be a Predator clan leader when such a thing like that didn't even make any sense, and even outright contradicts the first film? Yeah, THAT'S what I'm afraid of, and THAT'S why I'm opposing Arnold for any role in a future Predator film.

That cannot happen. If someone will actually try to do that, the skies will crack open, Jupiter dangles his c*ck down and kills the crew with it. So it's not f**king possible. Even the thought is offensive.

QuotePredator King

oh, don't even mention...

But I don't see what could be the problem with an older Dutch returning, and as they show us how he dedicated everything he had to track down the predators. He couldn't kill them? Well, if the movie would be set a bit more in the future, adding a bit more sci-fi elements like implants or such, he could gather much more credibility. Would be awesome as I see.

Original Predator

I'm not sure I get the thought process.

So if Dutch comes back it's automatically going to be bad?

Any movie, regardless of actor/character can be bad or good.  It's all about how it's done.

A movie with Arnold in it would not automaticaly be bad.

It would be bad the plot had him become a "leader" of a Pred group.

It would be good if the plot involved him hid-a-way living as a recluse washed up Vet with gag order, being tracked down for his "experience" because another Pred is on the loose and they need his info from the event 20 years ago.  Ala Ripley in Aliens

Agree, disagree?

Like all things. If it's done correctly, it would be good. Incorrectly, would be bad.

I'm not advocating for the return of in his prime-buffed "Dutch" from Pred 1, I'm advocating the return of Dutch 20 years later.  The old Dutch, the has-been, the one that survived a Pred attack and is cursed to live with it.  Awesome story waiting to happen.

Vulhala

Vulhala

QuoteI'm not advocating for the return of in his prime-buffed "Dutch" from Pred 1, I'm advocating the return of Dutch 20 years later.  The old Dutch, the has-been, the one that survived a Pred attack and is cursed to live with it.  Awesome story waiting to happen.

I agree with you.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 11, 2011, 01:37:01 PM
QuoteI'm not advocating for the return of in his prime-buffed "Dutch" from Pred 1, I'm advocating the return of Dutch 20 years later.  The old Dutch, the has-been, the one that survived a Pred attack and is cursed to live with it.  Awesome story waiting to happen.

I agree with you.

Now we're getting somewhere. The only questions for me are ... is Dutch in control of his current situation, (on the run or hiding out from the Government or Predator interests?) Or is he entrenched in some sort of storyline that we will only be able to view from the perceptive of 20 years later?

A lot of this possible story may unfold similarly to the last Indiana Jones film. Yes, shit happened between The Last Crusade and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Jones was an operative in the war and had many off screen adventures and relationships. Old friends and family passed away, and new enemies and allies we're made.

Any new Predator script with Arnold can and should have a ton of interesting back story that will enrich what we see in the film, when and if it's ever made.

If Arnold is a Predator clan leader, that will rob a lot from what has been established as cool. That's fan fic. That's the last page of a comic book. Rodriguez stated himself that it was a one of the fake endings to throw people off, yes? Can someone dig that up? I'm sure I read that/heard that somewhere when Predators was about to be released. 

Original Predator

Again if it's done "right" it would be the best thing for what I consider a "lost" franchise in it's current state.

Dutch leading a Pred clan is stupid and comic book-ish.  Agree, don't go there, don't consider it, don't dig it up.

The cool thing about Pred 1 and Pred 2 is there is a sense of realism, within fictional the movie that you are brought into.  The setting of the jungle or the city is tangible to the audience.  The unknown mysterious "creature" that's picking people off that was maintained in the first and second films.  Those aspects have been lost. And yes it was lost in Predators.

You bring Dutch back and you do it "right" then you can bring back not only the aspects of the first and second Preds but you bring back some tangebility and credibility to the franchise, getting back to the roots of what started this thing. 

If you can get a writer/producer/director/ to get away from the fantasy aspect of the Pred, the comic book mentality, put him back in our world, keep him mysterious and let us the audience"hunt" and be "hunted" as we were in Pred 1, and 2 and do it through the dogged/ tattered eyes of an old Dutch.

That would be the "right" way.

Until then, I consider the franchise lost.  I consider Predators no saving grace to the AVP rip-offs. 

Dark_Hero383

Honestly, seeing Arnold return to film is definitely interesting to know. Reprising his role as Dutch would be a great idea, how big of a roll he plays is tbd. Honestly I agree with whats been said about the decline in the franchise as far as the mysterious killer(s). I think that Predators and AvPR were a step in the right direction as far as the aspect of how the predators operate when on the hunt, plots (whether liked or not) aren't what I'm talking about. What I would like to see is a movie based strictly around the Predators (or yatja if you prefer); how their society works, hunts are organised/determined, their technology, their home world, a deeper insight to THEM if you will. I know there are many novels about them, but what better way to bring the unadulterated experience to those who haven't read or were unable to read the novels. Besides, Predators are supposed to learn and improve after every hunt/encounter with prey, why not do this and maybe show us a bit more. Thoughts?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed