Arnold eyes new Predator script

Started by Bat Chain Puller, Mar 07, 2011, 01:07:33 AM

Author
Arnold eyes new Predator script (Read 46,909 times)

RDdaNINJA

RDdaNINJA

Forget Terminator.  If they could CGI Arnie in Terminator Salvation FLAWLESSLY, they can do it again.  WE NEED ARNOLD BACK IN PREDATOR!!

Joe117

Joe117

Ok so if its "anytime" by himself...perhaps he had more weapons with him than just a wristblade and cannon and in battling hoppers team they were lost or damaged....

Peakius Baragonius

While I can see why some dislike the alternate ending for the current Predators, the "switch" in the original 1994 script made some sort of sense. In it, he teamed up with the Classic or Crucified Predator because he needed a way off the planet; once they made it, they headed a course for Earth. They were both outcasts, Classic humiliated and strung up by the higher-up Predators, Dutch hunted like a dog. That's a scenario I'd like to see -- Garber's task force hunting Dutch across the globe, catching him just as a crack team of soldiers/cops/cowboys comprised of stars Samuel L. Jackson, Michelle Rodriguez, Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, and David Caruso stumbles into the Predators' path. With nowhere to go, Dutch could reluctantly ally with the Predators, at least for a brief time; presumably, after having eluded the government for so long, he could have earned more respect from the Predators, enough so that they treat him as a wild game animal that needs to be conserved.

Either way, this announcement makes me happy, not only because of the promise of finding out what happened to Dutch, but also because it shows that the franchise definitely has a future! I mean, think about it, there's a *script* already out there!?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Mar 08, 2011, 12:58:06 AM
That's a scenario I'd like to see -- Garber's task force hunting Dutch across the globe, catching him just as a crack team of soldiers/cops/cowboys comprised of stars Samuel L. Jackson, Michelle Rodriguez, Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, and David Caruso stumbles into the Predators' path. With nowhere to go, Dutch could reluctantly ally with the Predators, at least for a brief time; presumably, after having eluded the government for so long, he could have earned more respect from the Predators, enough so that they treat him as a wild game animal that needs to be conserved.

That idea might work. Sounds better than PREDATORS...

Just no BSP or that preserve planet BS.

-Rakai'Thwei

echobbase79

I think the radiation thing for Dutch came from the comic Predator: Dark River. But I'll have to look back at that to make sure.

Eldritch

Eldritch

Boo! Arnie is too old and fat now :P

Vulhala

Vulhala

Who gives a shit? I bet he could still whip my ass. I wouldn't want to spill his pint anyway  :laugh:

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 08, 2011, 12:52:51 PM
Who gives a shit? I bet he could still whip my ass. I wouldn't want to spill his pint anyway  :laugh:

nah, i say spill his pint by accident, then buy him a replacement, he always came across to me as the kind of guy that would appreciate that sort of thing :D

georgeromero

If Arnie is in it this is gonna be as great as the first. Even if it's as good as the first it will be much better than RR Predators.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Eldritch on Mar 08, 2011, 12:49:02 PM
Boo! Arnie is too old and fat now :P

Taken in February of 2010.

DaddyYautja

DONT CALL IT A COMEBACK!!!

Master

Master

I don`t want to have Arnie in next Predator film. Either he`ll look unrealisticly killing Preds or he`ll die. Both I don`t want.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Mar 08, 2011, 05:11:22 PM
I don`t want to have Arnie in next Predator film.

I'll agree with that.

For my own reasons though. Honestly, I think having Arnold come back might not be a good thing.

-Rakai'Thwei

huntin8-t0n

He'd just be perfect as Dutch, a leader of a team dedicated to hunting down preds in a sequel. Not a totally action hero, but a revenge seeking leader, who would do everything to annihilate his enemy, and a final faceoff would be heart  (and skull :P) ripping. and this way he wouldn't be the one doing the killing (but his... butt boys :D) Could work...
(A remake? It's already a dead idea.)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Remaking Predator when the last movie came out nearly a year ago. What the f**k?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed