Arnold eyes new Predator script

Started by Bat Chain Puller, Mar 07, 2011, 01:07:33 AM

Author
Arnold eyes new Predator script (Read 47,723 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Apparently there was this thing today called "The Arnold Seminar," and many folks were in attendance eager to learn more of Schwarzenegger's return to film straight from the horses mouth.

The question was asked which scripts he's considering for his comeback film.

And among other things, a new Predator film was mentioned by Dutch himself.

http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/1767.html

Sounds like it's in the top three of his sequel possibilities. Terminator being the biggest money maker, but his age and where they took the story in the last outing seems to put a Predator sequel in a higher chance range.

RakaiThwei

I... don't know what to say about this.

-Rakai'Thwei

AncientPred

Its NOT a remake, I'll say it right now. They're NOT remaking PREDATOR. If anything it may be a spec-script for the next Pred sequel. But It's NOT a remake.

ShadowPred

If Arnold is looking at it, I sure hope it's not god-awful like that alternate ending to Predators.

RakaiThwei

I might be actually flamed for this but I don't think we need Arnold for another Predator movie.

I really would like it if people just left Dutch's whereabouts a mystery.

-Rakai'Thwei

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: AncientPred on Mar 07, 2011, 01:48:09 AM
Its NOT a remake, I'll say it right now. They're NOT remaking PREDATOR. If anything it may be a spec-script for the next Pred sequel. But It's NOT a remake.

Agreed. I believe Arnold is quoted as saying the word 'remake' but I am sure he meant sequel.

I don't believe anyone would remake anything and cast the same actors.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 07, 2011, 02:07:30 AM
I might be actually flamed for this but I don't think we need Arnold for another Predator movie.

I really would like it if people just left Dutch's whereabouts a mystery.

We don't NEED Arnold for another Predator film as we've seen 4 times already. But I believe his involvement would bring more confidence from the studio to cough up a larger budget.

Mr. Domino

While I agree that Arnold shouldn't be the action hero in another predator film, i'd love to hear what happened to Dutch - perhaps even with a sizable role from Arnold, just not as the focus. I get a little tired of the franchise having these people go to so much trouble and kill the Predator(s), only to have an ambiguous fate afterwards. What's the point of having the human win if we're not actually allowed to feel like they lived happily ever after?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Mar 07, 2011, 02:15:08 AM
While I agree that Arnold shouldn't be the action hero in another predator film, i'd love to hear what happened to Dutch - perhaps even with a sizable role from Arnold, just not as the focus. I get a little tired of the franchise having these people go to so much trouble and kill the Predator(s), only to have an ambiguous fate afterwards. What's the point of having the human win if we're not actually allowed to feel like they lived happily ever after?

I prefer to follow what the Predator 2 novelization offered as a fate for Dutch, that the trauma he had endured at the first encounter pretty much mentally damaged him to where he had become a vegetable, and was suffering radiation poisoning from the explosion. And that he was locked away in a mental ward never to be heard from again.

-Rakai'Thwei

Bloodee Jacob

This is some of the best news I've seen in weeks!

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 07, 2011, 02:21:27 AM

I prefer to follow what the Predator 2 novelization offered as a fate for Dutch, that the trauma he had endured at the first encounter pretty much mentally damaged him to where he had become a vegetable, and was suffering radiation poisoning from the explosion. And that he was locked away in a mental ward never to be heard from again.

-Rakai'Thwei
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bat Chain Puller

-Rakai'Thwei

Cover story for what really happened!

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 07, 2011, 03:08:32 AM

-Rakai'Thwei
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That didn't actually happen.  The novelization said Dutch had taken a car and drove off.  Now, nobody knows where he is.

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: AncientPred on Mar 07, 2011, 01:48:09 AM

If it's a remake heads will roll man. HEADS WILL ROLL.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 07, 2011, 05:41:04 AM
That didn't actually happen.  The novelization said Dutch had taken a car and drove off.  Now, nobody knows where he is.

But didn't the novelization also say he was suffering radiation poisoning?

-Rakai'Thwei

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah you're probably right, but he didn't turn into a vegetable or get locked away.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed