Giger talks Prometheus , the budget 230 million Swiss francs?

Started by Darkoo, Feb 24, 2011, 11:18:40 AM

Author
Giger talks Prometheus , the budget 230 million Swiss francs? (Read 28,926 times)

nendo

u have to remember that not all of the budget will go on the actual production of the movie.

3D/Imax is quite expensive to do properly. It might only be 50 mil spent on the production of the film. The rest could be split between. 3d/Imax/Cinema time and the rest being spent on a Massive worldwide marketing campeign

Fujimaster

@MUS - $11 million back in 1978 was a lot of money. Inflation dude. $250 million now is just about the same value as $11 million back then.

Mus

I checked here, ten million dollars (it wouldn't go higher) came out at a bit above thirty mil in modern dollars. So eleven would be about thirty three today. Fine. If this doesn't turn out to be eight times better than Alien, I'm still going to be pretty angry.

nendo

Quote from: Fujimaster on Feb 25, 2011, 04:46:50 PM
@MUS - $11 million back in 1978 was a lot of money. Inflation dude. $250 million now is just about the same value as $11 million back then.

LMAO it realy isn't!!!

Fujimaster

I meant same idealistic value. There's just tonnes more money to throw around now then there was 25 years ago. In the 80's a million dollars was something you could retire on @ age 20. Today it might get you that house and car you always wanted. Impressive figures theses days are in the billions.....and I am certainly not saying I would n't mind having a million ;)

Mus

Mus

I'd be good to retire at one million. I don't need a forty million dollar car.

Or okay, maybe not at one million. Unless I moved to like, Thailand or somewhere.

SiL

Quote from: Fujimaster on Feb 26, 2011, 12:01:28 PM
I meant same idealistic value.
No. It isn't.

Alien got made on 11 million because the people knew how to spend the money wisely, not because it was a lot -- plenty of stuff had to be changed or dropped because they just couldn't afford it.

Fujimaster

Quote from: SiL on Feb 26, 2011, 09:46:44 PM
Quote from: Fujimaster on Feb 26, 2011, 12:01:28 PM
I meant same idealistic value.
No. It isn't.

Alien got made on 11 million because the people knew how to spend the money wisely, not because it was a lot -- plenty of stuff had to be changed or dropped because they just couldn't afford it.

Yeah I suppose, movie companies just have more money to throw around these days.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed