The AvPGalaxy Podcast

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 21, 2011, 06:04:02 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Podcast (Read 125,275 times)

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Apr 10, 2011, 09:34:35 PM
About half an hour in (what are those noises?) but I'm liking it.
You guys are getting better.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-M4htgqNak#
WE HONOR YOU'RE SERVICE!

I'm so glad you posted the youtube clip Cap.  Being an ALIEN fan girl I had no idea what dance video the neca guys were talking about. It so reminded me of the dance/aerobic classes of the 80's :D...what a hoot.  Anyone care to enlighten me as to the history of this? I gather from the podcast the Predator costumes are authentic? So is this what was referred to as the lost Predators?  ??? 

Thanks in advance! :)

D

bov930527

bov930527

I do not want to give any negative responce since I consider this a great idea, but... As SM pointed out, most of AVP fans do not have that much of an interest to NECA figures. You did a great a job, yes, but the choice of topic could be a little bit more... creative. Pick a debatable subject that people will react to. For example: do aliens need to eat while they are growing? Is Mr. Black a better fighter than Classic in "Predators" or was it just bad luck for the Classic? Stuff like that. It will interest most of people since most of people do tend to have an opinion about stuff like this because it directly addresses the movies. There is often no real "right" or "wrong" in questions like this, but they do give some food for thought, plus it would be interesting just to hear what you guys think.

P.S. Also, it would be great if you could somehow add pictures so that people could see what you are referring to (cause I for instance dont allways do, sorry).

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Apr 11, 2011, 09:06:44 PM
Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Apr 10, 2011, 09:34:35 PM
About half an hour in (what are those noises?) but I'm liking it.
You guys are getting better.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-M4htgqNak#
WE HONOR YOU'RE SERVICE!

I'm so glad you posted the youtube clip Cap.  Being an ALIEN fan girl I had no idea what dance video the neca guys were talking about. It so reminded me of the dance/aerobic classes of the 80's :D...what a hoot.  Anyone care to enlighten me as to the history of this? I gather from the podcast the Predator costumes are authentic? So is this what was referred to as the lost Predators?  ??? 

Thanks in advance! :)

D
Well Im an impartial fanboy so I'll say what I can.
The video was made by fox or the makers of Predator 2 more specifically,
The costumes are definitely authentic, this was shot on the set of Predator 2 (obviously, the setting is from the movie and Danny Glover is there)
Probably just a joke but Kevin Peter Hall is in the City Hunter costume (Pussyface) and the others are the LA lakers basketball players.

SM

SM

QuoteAs SM pointed out, most of AVP fans do not have that much of an interest to NECA figures. You did a great a job, yes, but the choice of topic could be a little bit more... creative.

That's not quite what I was getting at.  It's part of the whole franchise and I think there'd be a decent amount of people who would be interested - it's just that I'm not.  And if you're into that sort of thing, you'd know which figures they were talking about.  All I know about are the Kenner and Resurrection figures - none of the more recent ones.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Quote from: bov930527 on Apr 11, 2011, 09:20:04 PM
I do not want to give any negative responce since I consider this a great idea, but... As SM pointed out, most of AVP fans do not have that much of an interest to NECA figures. You did a great a job, yes, but the choice of topic could be a little bit more... creative. Pick a debatable subject that people will react to. For example: do aliens need to eat while they are growing? Is Mr. Black a better fighter than Classic in "Predators" or was it just bad luck for the Classic? Stuff like that. It will interest most of people since most of people do tend to have an opinion about stuff like this because it directly addresses the movies. There is often no real "right" or "wrong" in questions like this, but they do give some food for thought, plus it would be interesting just to hear what you guys think.

P.S. Also, it would be great if you could somehow add pictures so that people could see what you are referring to (cause I for instance dont allways do, sorry).

No offense, but just because you don't care about the toys doesn't mean "most" AVP fans don't. The merch section is one of the more active (not to mention least flame-bait-y) sections of this board. Debating whether or not aliens eat (as this forum has proven) is fairly pointless, as like you said, there's no real answer. All you can give is opinions, and people bandying opinions about like they're fact is what has stepped on all the stubbed toes of this community.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I don't know about Corporal Hicks, but that material is too vague, and isn't something I would want to talk about. This isn't really meant to be a speculation podcast about those kind of topics. It's more for information, and interviews like we've done so far.
We do appreciate the suggestions though, you never know, something like that may come up. But like I said, that isn't something I would want to discuss. And if you notice, I never contribute to those kinds of conversations on the forums.

SM

SM

Which means, bov930527, there's an opening for your own Alien podcast to discuss such things.  :)

bov930527

bov930527

Quote from: SM on Apr 12, 2011, 04:18:07 AM
Which means, bov930527, there's an opening for your own Alien podcast to discuss such things.  :)

My voice is terrible  :'(.

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Apr 11, 2011, 11:33:51 PM

No offense, but just because you don't care about the toys doesn't mean "most" AVP fans don't. The merch section is one of the more active (not to mention least flame-bait-y) sections of this board. Debating whether or not aliens eat (as this forum has proven) is fairly pointless, as like you said, there's no real answer. All you can give is opinions, and people bandying opinions about like they're fact is what has stepped on all the stubbed toes of this community.

Yes, I noticed that after searching on the forums. Point taken.

Quote from: Mikey on Apr 12, 2011, 03:07:27 AM

I don't know about Corporal Hicks, but that material is too vague, and isn't something I would want to talk about. This isn't really meant to be a speculation podcast about those kind of topics. It's more for information, and interviews like we've done so far.
We do appreciate the suggestions though, you never know, something like that may come up. But like I said, that isn't something I would want to discuss. And if you notice, I never contribute to those kinds of conversations on the forums.

Do not get me wrong though, I think info-podcast is a great idea and I did listen through the whole thing cause I thought it was interesting and I learned something  :D. It just that I do not feel its` potential  been used for full. I dunno...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

xD its only the second episode. Give us time.

Mr. Yutani

Mr. Yutani

These episode podcast's are pretty cool. I like the idea on how you guys add more new and new things I check on here. Pretty cool podcast's.

frostedone

frostedone

Very nice 2nd podcast guys! I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was cool hearing about the Neca action figure process.

EEV2650

EEV2650

The best part was getting Steve Perry to introduce the podcast. Nice. As for the Neca figure talk, I could really care less. Like SM said, this episode is really just for people who enjoy collecting the numerous figures that are out there. Hearing them talk about the kenner figures was a hoot though.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: EEV2650 on Apr 14, 2011, 10:23:21 AM
The best part was getting Steve Perry to introduce the podcast. Nice.

Now there's a thought!   8)

How bout letting AvPGalaxy members introduce the podcasts ...aside from celebrities of course! ;)

Be kinda fun to hear SM or Mal..Sil voice  "Good Evening.." in Alfred Hitchcock style :D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Apr 16, 2011, 05:17:26 PM
Be kinda fun to hear SM or Mal..Sil voice  "Good Evening.." in Alfred Hitchcock style :D
Those are their internet voices, not their real ones.  ;)

SM

SM

Yep.  IRL I sound like a mentally handicapped chipmunk talking out it's nose and then autotuned.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed