Space Jockey and Giant Head Pilot Confirmed

Started by Darkoo, Feb 21, 2011, 08:55:11 AM

Author
Space Jockey and Giant Head Pilot Confirmed (Read 33,997 times)

Sharp Sticks

Not many people can do what Veronica Cartwright did, digital effects or not. Her career consisted of looking like she was about to have a heart attack at all times.

Shadow

if its set in the alien universe, it don't make sence if the jockey lives when it was fossilized in the first film, unless its Another jockey and the race still exist, thats a totally differ story.

but if its a spinof, it can be either way. i mean, it can be a side story but still connected as canon to alien, but it can also be a totally seperate thing with justs hints of connection...which is it?

dandan

here is a great example of animatronics 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdjhRZOhdXU#

Alien³

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 21, 2011, 08:22:58 PM
Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Feb 21, 2011, 08:18:17 PM
I knew this was still a prequel

It's not a prequel, it's a spin-off.

If Ridley Scott says it isn't a prequel, then it must be true.

Sorry to piss in your cheerios dude. I mean that sincerely.

-Rakai'Thwei

When did he say that?

dandan

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 21, 2011, 08:22:58 PM
Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Feb 21, 2011, 08:18:17 PM
I knew this was still a prequel

It's not a prequel, it's a spin-off.

If Ridley Scott says it isn't a prequel, then it must be true.

Sorry to piss in your cheerios dude. I mean that sincerely.

-Rakai'Thwei

its really confusing people now though it has space jockeys in

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 21, 2011, 08:52:41 PM
When did he say that?

I was just exaggerating a bit. Right now, I just don't feel like going into detail.. but if I must.

What he really said was that the original intended prequel, the project which was meant to be a prequel now evolved into something else and was considered no longer a prequel, but still retained some connections to the Alien universe.

That's what he said. More or less.

-Rakai'Thwei

eyesofthedemon

Whats the fixation with labeling Prometheus?

Its set before Alien,thats all we know so prequel or not please just wait until we know more,whats the point in trying to decide when we know f**k all about it?

Sorry,just my opinion of course

ThisBethesdaSea

The Derelict, Space Jockeys, earlier versions of the alien.....it's a prequel. period. End of discussion. Let's move on.

dandan

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 21, 2011, 09:21:52 PM
The Derelict, Space Jockeys, earlier versions of the alien.....it's a prequel. period. End of discussion. Let's move on.
i am with you im sure it is an prequel but that is just what skys sources have told us so lets hope they are right but sky is mostly trust worthy

Mus

Mus

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on Feb 21, 2011, 02:26:18 PM
Quote from: Highland on Feb 21, 2011, 01:55:39 PM
No doubt. Still doesn't explain why it's only 8 foot tall. I'd guess at least 10 from memory of the scene.

It might not be a puppet of the entire body. Could be something meant to be shot from the waist up or have the rest added in post.

Or the creature doesn't have a lower half. Maybe it's fixed to the chair, or whatever other furniture they might grow out of. A table or something.

dandan

Quote from: Mus on Feb 21, 2011, 09:39:57 PM
Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on Feb 21, 2011, 02:26:18 PM
Quote from: Highland on Feb 21, 2011, 01:55:39 PM
No doubt. Still doesn't explain why it's only 8 foot tall. I'd guess at least 10 from memory of the scene.

It might not be a puppet of the entire body. Could be something meant to be shot from the waist up or have the rest added in post.

Or the creature doesn't have a lower half. Maybe it's fixed to the chair, or whatever other furniture they might grow out of. A table or something.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdjhRZOhdXU

watch the video....

look at the polar bear suit at the beginning there is a guy in the suit and he is controlling the head that is it and also controlling the arms and legs this is a perfect example of how the space jockey may be used

Mus

So the dude in the suit is going to walk on stilts, or what.

dandan

Quote from: Mus on Feb 21, 2011, 10:02:11 PM
So the dude in the suit is going to walk on stilts, or what.
not really they just need a reasonably tall person then when the head is on it will probably reach 8ft or more...

Mus

Eight foot would barely cover its torso, if its original appearance is anything to go by. Those are going to be some unproportional legs.

D.R.

I LOVE ANIMATRONICS!!!!!! ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed