Possible concept art for Prometheus?

Started by Darkoo, Feb 19, 2011, 10:19:42 PM

Author
Possible concept art for Prometheus? (Read 5,196 times)

Darkoo

Darkoo

One of the imdb member found this on Prometheus board:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/board/thread/178547676
QuoteConcept artist Matthew Savage (who did work for Dr. Who and a slew of other comic book films, most notably The Dark Knight) is listed in the credits on the main page. He has a website showcasing his work, and what really interests me are his unnamed pieces depicting spaceship interiors and vehicles:
From http://www.mattsav.co.uk/:

(the archaelogical digsite)?

JaaayDee

Haha, I was just about to post this on here.  Same guy by the way.

Master

If it`s real then yeah I dig it.

Sharp Sticks

I recognize the last picture from a Doctor Who episode back in '06. I'm positive the rest have nothing to do with Prometheus either, apart from this guy working on the flick - which I can get behind, he's pretty good.

Gash

Gash

Yeah some of that is from Dr Who: The Satan Pit, and I suspect the others could be from Dr Who: Midnight.

Corporal Hicks

According to Fowler at Prequel News some of these pieces have been on the chap's DevianART for a few years. I doubt any of these are from the project.

weylandchronicles

I'm glad to see you guys haven't fallen for this as quickly as some sites out there. I first saw this art in a Latino Review article yesterday and decided to do a bit of digging.

My first step - hardly groundbreaking really! - was to contact the artist directly. He has confirmed that, while he is/was working on Prometheus, the artwork shown is NOT from the film.

He points out that he would never post art from a film that is still in early production. Indeed, it goes without saying that to do so would be pretty dumb from a professional point of view.

Much of the art is from one of his own projects, but whoever first reported this 'news' obviously saw on his site that he was working on Prometheus, saw some sci-fi art, put 2+2 together and got about 26!

Of course now more and more sites are reporting the 'news', and needless to say he is pretty p*ssed off about this - it would be great if you guys could attempt to correct the authors of any articles you spot who have simply copied without doing their own checks.

It's shame that such lazy reporting makes people wary of genuine news. scopps and hard work... there's no excuse - I got a reply from the artist within 30 mins of emailing - perhaps that's too long to wait when you have a hot 'scoop'?

</rant over> :-)

even though these aren't genuine concept art for the prequel, the confirmation that he is working on the project does go someway to showing us what kind of art style the film is going for, as far as the human technology goes, which is relievingly very similar to alien/aliens

weylandchronicles

Indeed - Mr Savage is undoubtedly very talented, as the art work for his other projects shows.

Here's hoping the best work of all the artists involved makes it through to the screen!

Huol

Huol

The zombie lookin guys from resident evil.

Nightmare Asylum

Like everyone said, not from Prometheus, but cool nonetheless!

ScottishXeno

Hmm. meh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed