Pyramid in the Alien Prequel?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 14, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Author
Pyramid in the Alien Prequel? (Read 15,366 times)

Bone collector

Bone collector

Just reading that I immeadeatly thought the predators were going to get reffrenced in this movie.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

For the uninitiated, here's Giger's original pyramid design for ALIEN, circa 1978:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oLPxM7_4Cf0/TIIfm65p9iI/AAAAAAAAAsY/1UkDSEL6pn4/s320/picture036+(3).bmp
Nothing to do with Predators whatsoever.

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

god damnit FOX

Valaquen

Valaquen

Mr Clemens, Giger enver sdesigned a pyramid, that is the egg silo, an alternative to the pyramid concept, which was designed by Chriss Foss and Ron Cobb, I believe. It was cut from Dan O'Bannon's screenplay. If Ridley wants to bring it back, then it was Alien's idea and part of the original mythology, not AVP's. We've had nifty pyramids in Blade Runner and Terminator 2: 3D.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Crikey, "enver sdesigned"? I just woke up  >:D

darthmaul1

darthmaul1

I liked the pyramid idea in avp and I think avp is salvagable so a pyramid in an alien prequel could be possible. And would be cool. Even better in the prequel show a skeleton of a pred or a small glimps of a pred scouting.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Hey, Valaquen. Yes, that's technically the 'egg silo', but again, technically, so is the area in the hold of the derelict, where Kane finds the eggs. The egg silo pictured above was designed to function as the 'pyramid' in O'Bannon's script, however, so I thought it was worth showing here.

At any rate, it's no less accurate than the information in the original post!  ;)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

SpaceMarines, It's interesting that you posted that picture of the Tyrell building from Blade Runner because when I first read this article I thought 'Bullcrap', then I thought 'if this is for real, it could mean Ridley is holding up to his (and my) belief that Blade Runner takes place in the same universe as Alien'.

How cool would it be to see the same version of Earth depicted in Blade Runner, in the Alien prequel.  I'd say cooler then a penguin wearing shades, sucking an ice-lolly, frozen in an iceblock.

Infected

Infected

It would be so awesome if there will be a pred in this movie and marines and aliens and jockeys,and the pred and marines get f**king horrified mutilated and raped and left for dead by a far more superior race of jockeys and aliens.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Sounds pretty cool.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

There will NOT be a predator in sight in the prequel.  I can promise you that.  Ridley Scott has more sense than that, as does Damon Lindelof.  Seriously, why are people so keen on this idea?!  It's a horrible concept but I guess it explains the relative box office success of the AVP films. *SIGH*

Infected

Infected

First off i dont like the AVP franchise as it is at the moment. BUT in other good hands its a gold franchise with lots of potential.

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

I think the pyramid idea has a lot of potential.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Mr Clemens, I do suppose you're right. And no Predators in this, please.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Hear, hear. I'm with you, mate!  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed