Fox & Ridley Clash Over Alien Prequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 30, 2010, 05:47:09 PM

Author
Fox & Ridley Clash Over Alien Prequel (Read 12,733 times)

Alien³

Alien³

F**k you Fox. Give the man what he wants.

Joe117

Joe117

This sucks, hopefully Ridley doesn't drop

will

will

is the 250 million for both prequel movies? either way yes i agree with some of you that it is too much to ask for for a single hard r-rated movie. i mean avatar cost 237 million to make and he wants more than that. however, if its 250 million total for 2 movies im all for that. i honestly like the idea of a scifi spectacular, epic movie(s) in the alien universe, that would be freakin amazing. i mean alien and aliens (and even alien 3 and resurrection) were such small movies in terms of location seeing some huge scope having to do with something like alien could be awesome.

i think thats my fav part of this news is how big ridley wants to go with it.

SPECIAL FORCES

I think,Scott must be left alone do his job....BUT! 250!?!? :o  its too much for an R movie.

150 max and 18+ is fair i think  ;) ...
But i really want an R movie for sure! >:D  >:D  >:D

rycher

rycher

Fox is def. more Pred fanbased... they let Robert do whatever he wanted for Predators... and now a movie that actually HAS a good story to it,  FOx has to butt in... DONT f**k UP THE ALIEN FRANCHISE MORE PLEASE!!

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

250 million dollars is nothing after Fox just made the mother load with Avatar and its billions. Give Scott the money!

Space Sweeper

I haven't seen such a colossal slap in the face from a high-up figure since Colonel Tigh declared marshall law.

Bio Mech Hunter

Damnit, Fox. Every time they "intervene" they f*** up a potentially great film and THEY NEVER LEARN. They could give a rat's ass about the fans or the integrity of the franchise. They need to leave it up to the people who know how to make the the damn films. That being said, $250mil is an awful lot to ask for.

At this point, it's the principle of the matter. I have absolutely no respect for Fox anymore. They've butchered too much, for too long.

JediMasterGabe

Well $250 Milllion is a lot but its not like Fox doesnt have the money (Avatar). Not to mention I would love to see what Scott could do with that big of a budget. But seriously if Fox f**ks this up....

deGRESSOR

deGRESSOR

Scott should walk away before it's too late.

OhBrother

OhBrother

Fox, HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING FROM AVP?! Granted, I don't think Scott needs 250mil to make a good movie, but Fox should trust him and his vision. It was Scott that made Alien such a huge franchise from the start.

Rudy

Rudy

i agree. FOX should let Rid direct the movie. was it FOX who were directing the 1st Alien 1979? NO. They asked Tom for Ridley Scott to do it "NOT FOX!" FOX is B.S. "sorry"  my cussing. We should think Ridley could do it anyway he wants. This isn't "The Hobbit" like N.L.C. or MGM refusing P. Jackson to direct the prequel to LOTR. and that's still a problem. still a problem.

XENOMORPH ALIENS

Now this is so totally f**ked up on fox's part. I mean I want an R-rating to this new prequel to the Alien movies. I thought once they got Ridley on board to direct these two prequels to the Alien movies we'll finally break the curse that fox has put the Alien movies in since Alien Resurrection and both very extremely crappy AVP movies. GOD I HATE FOX!!! All those f**king execs at fox cares about is money money more money but not the fans of these great franchises. I think Ridley should walk out and let some other director to do it and tell fox to go to hell and also say "f**k YOU" to the fox's execs since they're nothing but assholes!

Dallas001

Dallas001

>:D Fox two words and its simple. RATED R. No more pg-13 crap, and no more using monkey's to run your business. And give RIDLEY SCOTT creative control, or else you'll have what, oh yeah ALIEN 3 again. Stop dicking around and do the right thing. 250 mil is a lot, maybe a little less, but DO NOT CROSS RIDLEY and make him leave. No more fanboy directors like the Bros Strauss.

Bio Mech Hunter

@JediMasterGabe: I completely agree. They raked in a ton of cash on Avatar, and an Alien prequel has incredible potential. For crying out loud Ridley Scott is going to be at the helm. Truly, Fox better not f*** THIS ONE up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed