Predators Box Office Figures

Started by Darkness, Jul 11, 2010, 08:03:52 PM

Author
Predators Box Office Figures (Read 14,414 times)

AVP_DonVictor

AVP_DonVictor

This is my opinion, I think Predators is a good film ,I'm glad it's doing well , I really hope to see a sequel with a bigger budget.  Predators  is far superior than the AVP ones. I do like Predator 2, but  I think this one it's a better film because of the deeper story,  but as a huge Predator fan I am still a disappointed. If you guys haven't watched the first 2 in a while please do so, especially after watching Predators.  I don't understand how with all of the new technology  in Film in the last 20 years, the Predators looks and performance when on screen still is way better, scarier and more beliavable in the first 2 films that are around 20 years old. Is like now a days directors rely too much on CG effects and computers to do all of their work. Is like they forgot to shoot and edit a old school practical creature that relies on make up , costumes and traditional effects. I feel that some times they show too much when they don't need too, and the performances of the Predators were awful. The Predators in this film walked like regular human beings, no sense of weight. Did they forget that they suppose to be most bad ass aliens in the Universe?. Just try to go back and watch the first 2 to see what I mean. Predators are suppose to be like ninjas. They are fast and agile , but when they stop in front of you they don't just stand there waiting to get shot. I actually felt that I was was watching the Power Rangers at one point in the movie. So much build up and suspense in the first part of the movie, which was great.  Great acting especially from Adrien Broody, great story , and ending. Pretty good movie over all, but I had a problem believing the Predators once they were on screen.

Xenomorph96

Xenomorph96

what are box office figures...are they physical figure or are the just the stats of $ made?

AVP_DonVictor

AVP_DonVictor

According to boxofficemojo.com , as of Tuesday, the movie has made $29,731,330 in the US and $17,287,663 around the world which is a total of $47,018,993 in barely a week. We also have to take in consideration that the movie is only playing in 2,669 screens in comparison to movies like Twilight that is beating Predators but is playing in 4,468 screens which I don't think this fair at all.

SHREK

SHREK

jus watched predators....have to say i was VERY disappointed....after reading every1s comments i actually thought this might be good......turns out it was pretty terrible....not as bad as AVPR .... but not that much better either... shame.... i kinda think they should just stop now n leave predator 1 with sum dignity left

panzytuio

panzytuio

FINALLY! I'm going to go see this tonight with my girlfriend, who I have made watch all the Predator movies prior to this  ;D

deGRESSOR

deGRESSOR

panzytuio-  I picture your girlfriend being strapped into a chair and being forcefed Predator movies like something out of Clockwork Orange, lol  It's ok, I almost did the same thing.

panzytuio

panzytuio

HAHAHA ya something like that... except she kept distracting me if you know what I mean  ;)

PyroAcid

PyroAcid

lol iam glad predators did this good. hopefuly now they can spend more money on the damn suit actors.  the way they made the predators in moive seem less intiminateing when were sopost to think these predators are -Super- and meaner. then a normal pred and the fight with the classic vs new clearly  he whould had a better chance if  he hadint been tied up for so long.

Stuntman

Stuntman

@Pyroacid No he wouldnt. If he did how the hell did he get tied up and the first place????!!!!! If i was the one with the wallet that said "bad mutha f**ka" on it I wouldnt be tied...his wallet reads "pussy face" :-*

Predator Warlord

Predator Warlord

@SHREK I saw predators twice and I thought it was worthy of a sequel and this coming from and old school Aliens and Predator fan

Slim-Shady4life2

well there the Budget for the sequel right or they could for DVD and Blu Ray sales go and add that to the Budget ;D

Elorrra

Elorrra

Total Lifetime GrossesDomestic:  $47,259,809    49.7%
+ Foreign:  $47,870,892    50.3%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide:  $95,130,701

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=predators.htm

And in some countries its not even released. (LIKE MINE??Hungary, etc..) Looks promising.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed