First Predators UK Review

Started by Darkness, Jul 04, 2010, 10:55:29 AM

Author
First Predators UK Review (Read 6,887 times)

Darkness

Darkness

The first UK review of Predator has been published by UK newspaper NewsoftheWorld. It’s a positive one – the reviewer gave the movie 4/5 stars.

The pacing’s ace, too. There’s a late introduction of a new human that keeps things spicy (long-term survivor Laurence Fishburne – judging by that spare tyre, the foraging’s pretty good in this jungle), a beautifully-staged samurai sword battle in a field of long grass, and a majestic ending, where Brody goes ‘a bit Apocalypse Now’. With Predators, Rodriguez and Antal have made something old-fashioned, in the best possible way. They just GET what made the original such a hoot – and by and large, have reproduced the same thrills here. This movie sets action film-making back two decades. And hooray for that.

Be sure to check out the Official Review Thread in the forum which will be continually updated this week when new reviews come out. In related news, Predators has been rated R in the US for “pervasive language, gore and strong creature violence.” Also, composer John Debney has posted another sample of the Predators score online. Check it out here. Thanks to SuicideDoors, Royce and Black for the news.

AWESOME!

AWESOME!

;D  ;D  ;D  

I have high expectations to this movie.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I'll have to hold myself from downloading the thing, and wait blistering 2 weeks more...

Neon_Knight

Neon_Knight

All bad films have one or two good reviews.  I don't think this means anything.  And saying "the French hate all movies blah blah" is a terrible way to disregard a large group of bad reviews. I remember the first 2 or 3 AVP-R reviews were relatively ok, and from there it went strongly downhill.  
I'm still gonna hold on until I see the film.

Mattyoung1977

Mattyoung1977

I so want this to be good and by the looks of things it might well be! :)

Uhm...Neon_Knight....These are not 1 or 2 good reviews. There at least are 8 very positive reviews. And very serious ones from big sites also.

Drakolowe

Drakolowe

you can just tell its gonna be awesome- by reviews and the director/ sin city for starters. reli can not wait  >:D  >:D

Tucci

Tucci

I can't believe it's actually looking like it's gonna bring us what we've been waiting for all these years. I can't f**king wait!!! TY RODRIGUEZ

Jonny05

Jonny05

Hahahaha!!!  Stopped reading at "News of the World", what a retarded newspaper!

BloodshedPred

BloodshedPred

Ive been smacked down too many times to get my hopes up for this... but its PREDATOR,my god damn hero.I am liking these reviews,but i wanna see these rating on tv-spots,comeing from sources like EMPIRE ect.. if you guys no where im comeing from. 8)

shinigami

shinigami

The sad part is that most likely i will not see this in theaters.  :'(  The homepage of the biggest movie theater in the country where i live is not gonna be showing it it seems. There is nabsolutely no info on Predators. This is gonna suck cuz i was waiting for it. T.T

tigerija

tigerija

Yes !!!

@ Jonny05...Yes, but a very good and respectable movie critic.

the phrase that gives me hope in this review is "unless you count the Alien Vs Predator films...which I don't"!  ;D

Thanatos

Thanatos

predators official site updated....predator or prey? and predator tools features are here go check them out

http://www.predators-movie.com/main.html#

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed