AvP Redemption Released!

Started by Darkness, May 15, 2010, 12:17:24 PM

Author
AvP Redemption Released! (Read 31,183 times)

MrFacehug

MrFacehug

Yes, the comics started the whole AvP-phenomena. But the comics also invented crazy stuff like the Alien king. "Aliens vs Predator" was just one of many ideas that FOX took interest in and decided to implement in the movies. And in the movies, the rules are different. If all you Predator fanboys would like to see a bunch of Predators slaughtering Aliens, stick to the comics. The movies, on the other hand, should've been handled with more concern for both species. The first movie made the Predators look ridiculous in comparison to the Aliens, and the second movie did the opposite. I'd like to see a third one where the creatures fight on equal terms, not one species easily overpowering the other.

And to comment on Jigsaw85, it's called AlienS vs Predator for a reason, it takes more than one Alien to defeat a Predator. I agree on the fact that the Aliens are mistreated in most media, but I don't think one Alien could stand up to one Predator, simply because of the Predators' varied weaponry. In a melee-fight, however, it should all depend on the experience and training that the Predator has. And in most cases, the Predator would win, but it shouldn't get away without getting damaged.

Ignoring the experience-level in the Predator is very stupid. It's just plain logic that a Predator who've never faced off against an Alien would have more difficulty defeating it than a Pred who's faced ten of them before.

No matter what AvP:R tries to tell us, I still think of the Alien as the superior species. Still, that doesn't change the fact that I love the Predator-creature as well. I just want to see an equal movie, without one winning side. I want the fanboys to shut up and watch a movie where both sides of the AvP-fandom would get satisfied.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

It was okey to watch, fun I guess..

MrFacehug

MrFacehug

And a side note to MxBxM, I think you're underestimating the Queen waaaay too much. A Predator with "better weaponry than the wristblades" would still lose. Sure, if he had a plasma caster or something he might win. But if we should go by the way you're saying it, a Predator with a COMBI STICK would be enough to defeat a queen, which is utter bullcrap.

Katarn84

Katarn84

I always wondered what happened to the Sulaco after it jettisoned Ripley on Fiorina... quite impressive movie, I've seen higher budget works a lot inferior to this. This is just amazing!

Lar'ja Thwei

Lar'ja Thwei

Thought i quit WoW lol..just saying, i would expect a predator to be able to take on several aliens at a time before being defeated (if hes experienced of course..). Now listen i am a HUGE alien AND predator fan. I love them both equally, so im with you all..but the fact is that a predator has a way better chance against an alien, and thats what makes it awesome and more interesting. Bad example but imagine say.. a scorpion attacking a colony of ants, the scorpion (predator) will most likely kill several ants alone, but when all the ants(aliens) start coming together and attacking the scorpion(predator) at once they will kill it lol. Thats what the aliens are supposed to be in the AvP genre, and i love them for that because its not like Godzilla Vs King Kong..or Freddy vs Jason..but yeah..you get my point. Once again i love them both! don't hate!  :D

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

wow bro , awsome , realy enjoyed that :) , tip top job my friend . killer animations . Whens the sequele lol ;)

newbeing

newbeing

Probably the best AvP film ever made for a fraction of what the hollywood films were. Great sense of environment and mood. The aliens looked like Aliens and the Pred Alien looked better than what the professionals came up with. Congrats.

HF

HF

@ rockinyautja :

A ''bad example'' indeed. Because in your ''bad example'', the ants would actually be just as big as the scorpion... That kinda change things a little don't you agree? And they would be just as, if not stronger, than your scorpion and have acid for blood... A bad example indeed...

Remember that the only advantage the Pred have over the alien is his technology and long range weapons. But at close range, the alien automatically gains the advantage. As almost any damage the pred is inflicting to the alien, will result in the pred being directly exposed to acid.

One big thing people tends to forget is that the alien's blood is not like ''normal'' blood. Meaning that the pressure inside the alien's body is far greater than the pressure inside the human body for example. The Alien movies made a great job of showing us that very important fact.

A predator can't simply use his wristblades, nor any other bladed weapon for that matter, to slice and dice an alien. For the simple reason that he will be trenched in acid in no time.

I could go on and on on this. Just realize this, and you will understand that wristblades and daggers are the worst weapons you could use against an alien.

m138jewski

m138jewski

its funny how the concept of this is better than both avp movies combined. obviously cheesy, but the idea would have made for a far better movie than the other 2 abominations

Aliens_bg

Aliens_bg

Great Job!

herbie 1

herbie 1

f**king awesome movie man much better than the films they should go to u for idea for avp 3

stealth bunny

stealth bunny

Top marks alex, I was very impressed you showed great imagination in coming up with new pred gadgets that felt proper and a great overall film, really hope you do more in the future but in the meantime I'll be watching this many times, thank you.

ripley161

ripley161

Very very good. Really talented guy... you should be proud

Spinnaz

Spinnaz

Amazing job with what you had to work with.

I enjoyed it more then both AVP films.

Lar'ja Thwei

Lar'ja Thwei

HF, predators train for fighting aliens before they actually do, they have more than technology and long range weapons(combi-stick), amazing melee skills, and their smarter than the aliens..and, if a predator stabs an alien with his wristblades theres not going to be galons of acid shooting out in 50 different directions.Im not saying the blood won't go shooting out..but it is not impossible to avoid it when up close, ALSO predators have shit in their blood that slows down the acid greatly. One more thing, predators also have armor..which will slow down acid, and protect them from clawing. Off to glue my Sideshow Big Chap aliens foot back on!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed