Ridley Scott Dishes Details on Alien Prequel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 23, 2010, 08:40:13 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Dishes Details on Alien Prequel (Read 16,123 times)

shinigami

shinigami

HELL YEAH!!!! I've been waiting for this for years. ;D

aciddreamer

aciddreamer

GIGER AND SCOTT ARE BACK TO THE ALIEN FRANCHISE??????? HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Ash 937

Ash 937

Release date of 2011 or 2012...this should coincide with the release of A:CM. LOL.

Alien Genesis

Alien Genesis

Finally.  Finally!  FINALLY!!!

It's about damn time someone addressed the mystery of the Space Jockey.  Ever since I first saw the first movie, I have wanted a backstory to that creature.  What is it?  Where did it come from?  Did the Space Jockey and the Alien come from one and the same place?  Different places?  Was the Space Jockey harvesting the Alien?  Where was the Space Jockey traveling to?  Did the Alien hijack the derelict, kill everything on board, and cause it to crash on the planet?

I'm not expecting every cotton-pickin' question about the origin of the Space Jockey to be answered, nor do I want it to.  Just shed a little light on the story; that's all I'm asking.  I'm so happy about this, I'm just fit to burst.

FINALLY!!!

dallas001

dallas001

:)
Its been too long to finally get it right. I wonder if ADI is banging there heads on the wall about having Giger work on the designs and not them. If they do, they need to do some MAJOR ASS KISSING to Giger for the 1990 debacle (aka ALIEN 3 disaster). If you want clues about the space jockey stuff they are talking about, check out the Dark Horse Comics Presents ALIENS collectors book. The space jockey story is fantastic! I have had the platinum edition since I was in high school. Mr Scott, please return this franchise back to glory.

alien90

alien90

Seems better than Predators IMO... Now i have a movie to look forward to!

marrerom

marrerom

excellent news!

Dash

Dash

We are truly, incredibly fortunate to have Ridley Scott come direct an Alien prequel. We can at least expect a work that has more integrity and enjoyment than the AvP series.

This combined with Predators, it's a good time to be a fan.

Semaka

Semaka

I'm not going to rain on your parade man, but please, not Space Jockeys.. they would be better left untouched. And please, let there be aliens. I would really love to see a colony, because, that is the thing that we haven't seen in the second movie, what happened in the colony, how the colonists reacted, how they fought the aliens, how the kids escaped, how the queen was born (I know that there is a comic about what happened in the colony), but I want it to be a movie, I hope it will be like the first movie, the feeling of isolation, and the feeling that you have to survive and hide rather than fighting with the aliens

Assburster

Assburster

I love the idea of Ridley and Giger teaming up for this, I only wish Dan O'Bannon was still around to complete the trinity. A small part of me hopes he left something in good hands incase this ever happened. As long as its rock solid and tastefully done, I will consider this the long awaited 3rd movie in the trilogy.

MasterRich

MasterRich

I agree Ridley and Giger together is so great! I hope like all of you have said, don't go too much into explaning the Space Jockey. I hope they do a good job in making the set, the costumes and the feel look like it was made before ALIEN film just so it fits in nicely!!

The Space Jockey is like a giant.  I never understood how the facehugger could impregnate one.  Hopefully, that is explained in the prequel.

Rudy M Alapag Jr

Rudy M Alapag Jr

8) when i saw the behind the scenes of the AR crew on the alien quadrilogy talking about the space jockeys and the alien(s), i was shocked that the crew of AR they wanted to explore that. i've been waiting for many how many so years?
and seeing it as the 5th movie prequel going back to the 1st original as a loop, starting from original beginning to the last as the backstory beginning.i'm sure this one explains a "lot" more.

JordanLee

JordanLee

Has anybody read that this prequel thing is a 2-movie thingy?
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/16980/ridley-scott-on-the-alien-prequel

Semaka

Semaka

I hope Cameron does the 2nd prequel, it would be perfect.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed