Robert Rodriguez Chat Summary

Started by Darkness, Apr 01, 2010, 06:12:13 PM

Author
Robert Rodriguez Chat Summary (Read 15,865 times)

Darkness

Darkness

For those of you who didn’t catch the live chats with producer Robert Rodriguez yesterday, here’s the main points that came out of it:

• There will be no female Predators. Some concept art was made at the production before they had a proper script in place.
  • He confirmed the planet is a hunting planet and not the Predator homeworld.
  • The original Predator in the leaked draft has pretty much the same role in the movie.
  • There is a clan war between both tribes of Predators.
  • He said the Arnie cameo in an early draft was a ‘false ending’ only written in there so they could track it if the script leaked. Speaking of the leaked script, the leaked script was fake though it in-cooperates many elements. (The shooting script probably has additional dialogue here and there but it will still be the same story).
  • He said the character of Nolan wasn’t written with Arnie in mind.
  • The original Predator will have green blood but he doesn’t know what colour blood the new Predators will have. (In the leaked script, it was black).
  • Some character changes: Edwin is a disgraced physician and Stans is on the FBI’s most wanted list.
  • Predator 2, AvP and AvP Requiem are generally ignored with this movie. (That’s not to say it breaks continuity though I think the damage of continuity was already done with Requiem).

You can listen to the first chat over on YouTube but the other two haven’t been uploaded as of yet.

tigerija

tigerija

Nice to hear.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Oh.....I still want characters I like though, and then when the Preds show up, to just have a damn good time

dread7154

dread7154

I hope they use old school pred SFX, not the avp movie noises...

MoBiUGeArSkIn

The leaked script was fake... but has the same story, mostly the same characters and mostly the same events.

Not fake then. A draft.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

So this film doesn't have anything to do with Predator 2.. Hmm.. Just as I thought. :-\

Brian c

Brian c

its good to hear that the predator planet is not the homeworld comming from RR perspective because I just needed to hear from him and thats my question on the second bulletion. I was on of the chat people talking to RR  I also asked a question about predator arcutectueir of new predator space ships, he said you will see plenty of new ones that feel old inside with that same old feeling,it was not included in this list.

spinksy

spinksy

I watched the chats and was good to see them.

Just shame about the stupid questions half the people asked!

Bio Mech Hunter

I'm a bit skeptical about the quality of this film. Though, the trailers released looked quite good. Time will tell.

I'm more concerned about continuity and canon at this point. I REALLY don't like the idea of introducing new kinds of Predators. So called "super" Predators? Black blood? You've gotta be kidding me. It'd be better just to make a brand new extra terrestrial hunter altogether. I can see this going the way of Requiem quite quickly if this is what's to be expected. >:(

Elderpred

Elderpred

Mhmmm, I would like to see some green glowing blood again... >:D

Stagin 26

Stagin 26

MAN! NO FEMALE HUNTERS! I at least wanted one. Maybe one female predator that's trying to prove herself worthy of the hunt,or maybe a female predator that's not quite ready,but preps weapons or pilots the drop ships for the humans.I did like the Edwin charactor as a serial killer over a doctor that killed people by accident.

Bio Mech Hunter

I'm a bit skeptical about the quality of this film. The trailer looked quite good, though. Time will tell.

I'm more concerned about continuity and canon at this point. I REALLY don't like the idea of introducing new types of Predators. So called "super" Predators? Different colored blood? You've gotta be kidding me. It would be better to just introduce a brand new extra terrestrial hunter altogether. I can see this film going the way of Requiem quite quickly if this is the type of content we can expect. >:(

Hell-Scorpion

On another not from that, I think AVP was worse than Requiem and hopefully this movie will be better

alien90

alien90

They might as well give the whole movie away.... what a shame that they're telling us more than we should know... ::)   They better not do that on the Alien Prequel...

YautjaZer0

YautjaZer0

all predators have green blood. it doesnt make sense if seprate clans have diffrent blood. skin color maybe but not blood. ???  ???  ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed