Newest AvP Patch Announced

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 16, 2010, 06:35:21 PM

Author
Newest AvP Patch Announced (Read 11,379 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Rebellion have released 2 patches for the PC since release. They’ve just recently announced that the 3rd is not far off and that the console versions will also be receiving some fine-tuning:

“Following updates to the PC, including integration of a Dedicated Server  client, the company stated: "We are aware of and grateful to the  community for communicating with us and helping this process along. The  updates are going through rigorous QA and we hope to have them available  publicly very soon."

You can read the full statement released by Sega over on their forums. Thanks to Rebellion’s Eric for the news.

Bugswarm

Bugswarm

Ok thats a good start, but im still not seeing anything beeing done about the performance issues we are sufering from this console ported game. Lags and stuttering are still there and makes playing the game a chore rather then fun. I would like to add that they should enable AA for DX9 cards too, the thing they did with DX11 is so baised. Im glad they fixing the game one step at a time, but there is still no word on whter Rebellion will actually fix the performance issues at all. Till now we only see new content and servers and tweaks to gamplay. What about performance bugs Rebellion?

Demanufakture

Demanufakture

Sweet!!! Guess the title update will be out b4 the DLC.   ;D  

Roargathor

Roargathor

Hey Bugswarm...  Get a decent rig.  This isn't a blizzard game.  You can't expect to run it on a toaster and have it look awesome.

JediMasterGabe

JediMasterGabe

The more fixes the better.

-Sharky-

-Sharky-

Just hope they add dedicated servers for ranked matches and crouch for marine *crossing my fingers*

BTW: Crouch is very much needed in this game, people who says that you don't needs to get a clean bill of health!

Roargathor

Roargathor

MARINE DOESN'T GET CROUCH! GET OVER IT!

Jekku

Jekku

Crouch isn't needed in this game and people who say it is needed should probably actually play the game.

d0mm2k8

d0mm2k8

My GTX 295 doesn't support DX11 but it's still a decent rig...

Roargathor

Roargathor

I have a gtx 285 and the game is flawless graphically.  In dx11 mode it stutters in MP, so i just run it dx9.  There's not much a difference visually, and runs smooth as silk.  What the game needs is more networking support.  More maps, and more coop scenerio type game modes.

Bugswarm

Bugswarm

FFS~ don't some of these people read the bugs and content problems with this game? Roargathor over there clearly didn't go to the forums to read on problems this game it facing. A quad Core and ATI 4850 with 4 gigs is more then enough to run this game on DX9.

avpfan256

avpfan256

Hi! can someone please tell me how to update avp? I am sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm not use to steam :(

So do I download patch from website like normal or do I use steam to somehow download the patch? again sorry for my noobness :\

Thanks!

T.L.22

T.L.22

If memory serves right from the last couple of patches, Steam will let you know when you log in that there is a patch available, and give you an option to download it. Or it will automatically do so if you give it permission to as such. Either way, it IS done in Steam. If you can't update it, then it's likely that you are already up to date or the patch hasn't been released yet.

avpfan256

avpfan256

oh, ok. thanks :)

Bishop084

Bishop084

Not to beat a dead horse, but crouch really isn't needed. The only time I ever felt like I wanted it was while fighting androids in the single player campaign.

Let's hope the weapon tweaks mean the flamethrower might actually do something, and the disc gets toned down a bit...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed