AvP Reviews Round-Up

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2010, 03:53:24 PM

Author
AvP Reviews Round-Up (Read 16,721 times)

Predator-101

Predator-101

The game is great but i guess with all the negative reviews theres no hope for Aliens:Colonial marines   :(  

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Yeah wasnt negative like around <5? Coz i thought 7 would be like good but not great...   ???  

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't see how 7/10 is a negative score.

Spoon

Spoon

Ill be really pissed if I dont see Colonial marines.
Im dieing for a realistic alien game.

Edward

Edward

The 1up review is a f**king joke - D which translates to a 25 out of 100 on Metacritics scale.

If you read it's just an endless rant about a lot of trivial shit which shouldn't matter at all, without actually covering any details about the game.

Spoon

Spoon

Gametrailers.com gave it 7.7!   Thats great!!!
Add it to the positive score board!!!
Im actually picking up the game now from UPS

Brandon

Brandon

Anyone notice while playing this game as marine do you get lose of sound for a split sec

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

IGN finally posted their PC review, giving that version a 7.3. Better than the Xbox/PS3 review.

However, they did two things that sort of nullify their review. They played the game with a graphics card that does not support DX11, so they still bashed the graphics a bit though said they were superior to the aforementioned consoles.

They also copypasted a good chunk of the review from the other consoles, as the reviewer mentioned playing using analogue sticks. I mean, you DO NOT play a FPS on the PC with a controller. That's just wrong.

Better, but laziness abounds from IGN.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

I played it for PS3 and I love it. I only beat the Predator level (which I think is the best one) and now i'm 2 missions away from beating the marines level. I can't wait for the aliens.

37smiles

37smiles

ok so ive beaten the entire game on the xbox 360 and i think i can give a complete reveiw.i started playing the marines first,just to get the game going.through the entire marine campain, you have mixed feelings of panic,stress,claustrophobia,and fear.all of these feelings combined makes for great gameplay.next i played the alien campain.clearly the shortest campain but still very fun.and i have to say that harvesting humans is very cool.add to that the fact that the alien and predators are the only ones with finishing moves so thats a plus.but the alien is a little hard to get used to but once you do,you can flow like water,eligant and smooth,yet can destroy anything.then i played the predator(the most fun campain in the game).being a fan of the predator movies and games helps a little when you play this part of the game.the only way to play this is to think like a predator.focused and ruthless.energy is kinda limited in this game so use with care.over all the story is great,the gameplay is great,almost everything is great.the only cons i have for this game are that the online play chooses your character for you half the time.so you can want to be a predator but you have to be a marine,and you cant change it.(sucks)and my last problem with it is that its to short.not saying that the story wasnt finished or that i was unhappy with the endings.its just that im a huge fan of this franchise so i cant get enough of alien and predator.id love to see a sequal in the near future.and more downloadable content,like maps and so on.SO...in conclusion.i give AVP a solid 9/10.very fun and enjoyable,and highly reccommended.im not sure whats wrong with the other game magazines like gameinformer.maby they just suck so much that if a game is to complicated they just start bashing it,or maby they just arent fans.(if thats the case then they can suck it!)but dont let them get you down if would like to give this game a shot.it is a little challenging but in the end very rewarding.

cain

cain

I just spent the weekend playing avp and I'm very disappointed. Singleplayer is quite fun, but rather short. I think I did the 3 campaigns in about 8 hours.

Multiplayer sucks big time. Atm. there are no dedicated servers and you're forced to play player hosted games -> lag-o-rama.

Also the controls are pretty awkward. In-game voice messages are a stuttering desaster. The Lobby system in ranked games is annoying. In many game modes I totally lack a feeling of accomplishment when "my" side wins. And so on. If you want a good multiplayer game, this is not it. Sorry, I so wanted this to be my next favorite mp-shooter :-(

7/10 for the single player game is ok, multiplayer I consider a 5/10.

konradski

konradski

pc user ///what a poor game deserves only 5/10 went back and played far cry that pissed all over it game wise even had a tinkle on avp2 again showed this new title that it had stepped back gaming wise
even at 1980x1080 res it just looks like F.E.A.R/cronicles of riddick hybrid
very disapointed..i will say this the ambient a ingame audio is top notch but let down by a rushed for console port. would like to hear what the old avp2 brigade think and also those who have played farcry a game that outsines this technically everyway .and i realy wanted it to be as good as avp2   :-[  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed