Updated AvP3 Predator Gameplay Demo

Started by Darkness, Nov 10, 2009, 08:00:48 PM

Author
Updated AvP3 Predator Gameplay Demo (Read 20,120 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

Well, overall it looks like it's coming along nicely, but there are a few things they've done I'm really not happy with.  Like the way they made the plasma caster charge up. It's unrealistic and it draws too much attention to you. The one trophy kill animation where he ripped the marine's skull and spine out (of his stomach no less?) was cheaply done. And you would think with all that CQC with the aliens, and all that acid spraying everywhere with each kill (like severing it's head at point blank range lol), he would've be dead by the second one he encountered (at most).   ::)   I'm also quite irritated they've once again made the aliens too damn small!   >:(   For Pete's sake... *face palm*

Pelax

Pelax

Gentlemen.. for me it's a MUST-f**kIN-HAVE  I know it could be done better, the single player will be very short, game engine won't be superb, etc.. But for an hour in Predator/Alien/CM shoes I will pay every price.  Hoping only that the story would be interesting.

DOOMSDAY-1

Everything is as it should be! Some small bugs will be polished and at the end will be PERFECT AVP!!! Guarantee!!!

Headbite

there is one simple solution to everyone's graphic, short single player and character skin models, buy it for pc and mod it like everyone did for AVP2, I kno i still do.

Jigsaw85

WTF!? They said the Aliens were going to be harder once they finished and now their weaker than ever. Their slower, their dumber, their attacks do less damage then they used too and of course im not surprised to see the alien get his spine broken in two by a predator. f**k it, im done with this Alien vs Predator shit or should I say "predator slaughters Aliens" shit. The alien is suppose to be 8 feet tall, why are they ignoring facts about the Aliens? If you can't do it right, don't do it at all.

tigerija

LoL, dude its singleplayer... you have difficulty option also, never heard of it ? ccc

Yautja117

They're playing on easy now, not har like before. The Alien is as tall as the Predator or else they wouldn't stand face to face. They now try to fight and attack you. Weaker? It's not a game change, it's a diffuculty change.

Deathly_rYaN

is there a way i can download this video from my psp. WOW they made the game look better.

Xenomorphine

I still have trouble taking this seriously when a Predator lifts up an Alien and it just flails in the air... My sense of immersion goes right out of the window.  Anything like that needs to be very fast.

YautjaZer0

YautjaZer0

im glade the pred has gloves now. i thought the gloveless hands looked a bit weird.    :)   i would like to see some spear gameplay.

Thoughtful

Thoughtful

Re: #15 - charging plasmacaster is for gameplay balance. not everything can be 100% pure to the movies, and even then varying strengths of plasmacaster bolts are arguably movie canon.  Re: the second half of your post and also #19, single-player enemies will be by necessity weaker than you. Your opposing factions will be, by necessity, weaker than you. The game wouldn't be very fun if fighting two Aliens left you mortally wounded as a Predator, would it? With that said, it looks like the Aliens did a good job flanking and in large numbers would kill you (unlike avp2 where you could slaughter them by the dozens).  The game so far is looking really good. My concern, particularly in light of Modern Warfare 2's release, is how multiplayer will be handled. Will there be dedicated servers? Will there be console commands? The ability to kick/ban?  I am watching eagerly. A free pre-release demo would be a tantalizing way to put my concerns to rest (HINT HINT REBELLION).

Thoughtful

Thoughtful

Something else I noticed. @ 3:42, two bullets impact on the predator's armor and the health bar on the bottom-right breaks off into a new segment but doesn't decrease (indicating lost health).  Then when fighting with the Marine a few seconds later, he loses the exact same amount and the section next to it breaks off into a segment which slowly rejoins the rest of the health bar. Is it possible that the Predator has armor that protects it from small amounts of damage?

Rob

Rob

Xenomorphine: The Alien is a lot liter than the Predator & Predator is a lot stronger than humans let alone the Alien, it macks sents when the Predator lifting the Alien up & bracking its back with ease.

herbie 1

is it me or the cut scene at the start have more than 1 predator ship   ???  

thrillguy

thrillguy

Bloody hell, it was awesome ! But... just one thing. Why the falling damage? That height is nothing for a pred.      >:D  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed