ACM Release Depends on AvP's Success

Started by Darkness, Aug 25, 2009, 06:10:25 PM

Author
ACM Release Depends on AvP's Success (Read 15,043 times)

Darkness

There’s an interesting article on G4TV about Aliens Colonial Marines’ release date. This is sorta obvious but Sega have openly said that its release date is dependent on how Aliens vs Predator does at retail.

“I think the detail of that [release date] is probably still too early,” said Hayes. “What I would say is it’s unlikely that we’d launch anything within six months [after Aliens vs. Predator], but probably nine months, eight to 12 months possibly. Though we literally are looking at that at the moment and a lot of is going to depend, as well, on how successful AvP is at the box [retail].”

Thanks to ikarop for the news.

Simbaca

Why?   :'(  

PHANTOM

Relax, as long as AVP is a good game it will be entertaining you for years, before you know it ACM will right around the corner. It's all good   ;D  

Xhan

Xhan

You're assuming avp is a "good game." A little early to start celebrating.

Sh0dan

You would think if AvP was to sell well, then they would want to maximise profits from that game, before releasing another alien title.  Anyways, it doesn’t convince me to buy AvP. It just don’t look too quality in my opinion… I want something fresh that hasn’t been done before. Like ACM or the canned RPG.

AvP FTW

AvP FTW

Nothing really excites me about ACM. 4 player co-op REALLY haven't seen that in any games.   :P  

Chet

Chet

Who need's A:CM? AvP ROCKS!!!

Turn&shoot

Turn&shoot

I think it is a sort of blackmailing. "If you don't buy AvP, you won't get A:CM". Then again I may be  a bit paranoid...   ;)  

Gabe

Gabe

Guys, DO NOT buy the avp game, so we can get earlier the aliens game ;)

jackal

jackal

I can wait. AvP will will keep my attention for awhile

tigerija

Its it opposite ? If AvP fails CM will be pushed back.

Hicks_0998

@ Turn&shoot: and if that happens, we can kiss the RPG goodbye!!

Spoon

Spoon

ACM is way more interesting.  I sick of these fast action FPS games.  Im dying for this more realistic team based shooter.  Its going to be way more terrifying and actually have suspense.  Very disappointing news.  I actually hope this delay puts good development time.

Clovers

Clovers

AvP  new game ,is correcte line ,to IGN gave game least  -8/10 or , worst , 7/10.    :-\   I´m reli hope  thei not kill Aliens CM for 3 time. But games are good, but for some people ,the games are just boring ,and the crictices some times thie not nice in thie review.Most times thie just said games  are bad if before thier release game in shops.  Now have somes question. 1º-In script William Gibson alien 3 , the human to alien,  change/ transformed , is like creatures in Resident Evil game or is like the movie  Invasion of the Body Snatchers? 2º- The Alien Newborn  have 2 designs in 2 scripts A:R, the the alien/spider vampire and humanoid, but hear in  scripts from Eric Red and David Twohy , thie have on Newbors.Are thier designs diferent or is same ? 3º- Predators have some inspirantion in 1º  game from Unreal?Because The Skaarj have the same atitudes the Predators have in script.(the slaves ,genectic crossover and cybernetic implants and torture thing and cooperation in the human /alien weapon ...)

DoomRulz

This seems a bit pointless, since some people might prefer CM to AvP, but I don't see why AvP won't sell well enough for it to matter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed