Ridley Scott To Helm Alien Prequel?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 09, 2009, 07:18:57 PM

Author
Ridley Scott To Helm Alien Prequel? (Read 12,433 times)

JMPredator

JMPredator

dont know bout you guys but even if ridley returns to direct, it would be like a hall of famer coming out of retirement to ruin his legacy as there is no possible way, given the curerent state of the film industry, that ridley can or would make a film a hfilm half as groundbreaking as the original.

Xhan

Xhan

Ronso pretty much nailed it.

frankaster

frankaster

This must be a joke, I believed that FUX executives are all brain-dead! Finally they said something coherent for the first time ever since 199x!

redalert51

redalert51

Has anyone noticed, that Ridley Scotts films of late have not been blockbusters the only one post Alien has been Gladiator, I have always considered him a Sci Fi director. What ever timeline Alien 5 will be set it will be fantastic I hope they bring in HRG as well....

Mick

Mick

Fox making a smart move for once.   ;)  

Übermensch

Übermensch

This is not good, people.  Scott won't direct it, otherwise he wouldn't have wanted Rinsch to do it.  So no Scott, no Rinsch.  Fox will instead choose their own director, probably some hack.

Bill

Bill

Extremely hard to believe!!  Has FOX finally learned their lesson that being cheap money mongers instead of film makers doesn't pay?  This is like Moses parting the Red Sea.  Definately a miracle if this is happening.  Hopefully this is a trend that will continue.  Hey FOX, keep those dollar signs out of your eyes and focus on the quality of the film and it will pay off in the end!!

AnP Fan

AnP Fan

Ahhhhh. I get it.  Yes.  The Scotts will walk away now and FOX will be able to hire any one of the cheapest cheeseball directors they want and still look good because they demanded Ridley.  Man these guys are slicker than I thought!!!

pvt. hicks

pvt. hicks

"AnP Fan"  you f**king posted that in the forums, you f**king posted that on imdb, and you just posted right now.   dude, get a grip. the whole reason fox wants to do this project is so that scott can direct. they never were gonna do it without scott. scott goes, this movie goes. and scott aint going. theyre slicker than you thought? youre denser than I thought.  its annoying when people dont know their facts.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

complications

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

its a win win  Rinsch looks talented, and on the other hand we have Ridley Scott

Ash 937

Ash 937

In the Alien commentary track from the Quadrilogy Box Set, Ridley Scott said he would like to revisit the franchise and go to the alien home world.  So when he announced that he would only be producing this film I thought it was strange.  I guess you just gotta be careful for what you wish for.

dallas121

dallas121

At last a good move from fox! Good hear.

AnP Fan

AnP Fan

This is awesome.  I love proving arrogant jerks like you wrong.  Hey pvt. hicks.  I am not on the forum and I have never been on IMDB.  I just made the name AnP Fan up.  "its annoying when people dont know their facts."  Follow your own advice you nitwit, and watch your mouth as well.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Hmmm I dunno how this would work now.  It's like Fox are trying to cover all their bases in case something goes wrong.  But this comes hot on the heels that Predators is going to get made so who knows now, especially with the stink tank that was AvPR

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed