IGN Previews AvP

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 26, 2009, 10:28:40 PM

Author
IGN Previews AvP (Read 10,016 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

IGN 360 has just posted up a fantastic Pre-E3 preview of the new Aliens vs Predator game. It’s quite a dishy article:

“The basic concept remains the same. Aliens, a Predator and a number of Colonial Marines are mixing it up and you have the opportunity to play as each faction. This time around, there is a strict linear story which plays out Call of Duty style, switching between perspectives after each level.”

As well as that, IGN also has a small number of new screenshots as well as high-res copies of some old screenshots from the magazine articles. It’s very informative and worth the read. Thanks to Redskins for the news.

DOOMSDAY-1

DOOMSDAY-1

"AVP GALAXY", YOU ARE MY EARS AND EYES!!!!!!!

Darkness

Darkness

I like the sound of the new Predator vision mode.

Übermensch

Übermensch

Love the shot of the predator and all the dead aliens/marines.    ;D  

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I dislike the sound of the switching perspective after every level    :-\  

n3m0

n3m0

the story sound like a mix of avp1 and 2... wile setings is mixed between avp1, p1 and aliens  dont like the idea of vision mode and noise jumps... meakes it bit like arcade

Firestorm

Firestorm

Cool article. Maybe im being a bit fussy and nitpicking at this early stage but i really think the marines look shit to be honest. Also, the pulse rifle in these shots is not very movie faithful, which is a must for die hard fans like ourselfs. And where are the helmets? These rines just look like something from quake or something. If they can sort this out in time for release then sign me up.

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Man the marines look weak as fook in this game loler :P

Übermensch

Übermensch

Purebreed - yeah, wtf?   ???    n3m0 - yes, I agree, all the best settings of the movies IMO  Evil six/Private W Hudson - yes, the marines look weird, but probably so it doesn't look like a clone of A:CM    :-\  

DB

DB

Seems like the story is a combination of the main plots of the two AvP movies but in the future.

Shasvre

Shasvre

"This time around, there is a strict linear story which plays out Call of Duty style, switching between perspectives after each level."  I'm not sure I like the sound of that. I didn't mind it in Call of Duty, but here I wan't a proper campaign for each species.

RavagerDX

RavagerDX

I really hope the perspective switching is not gonna be in the game. It would completely ruin the singleplayer experience for me.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Shasvre: Call of Duty was okay because the perspectives were seamless, SAS campaigns and then the USMC campaigns flowed and because they were the same species (humans) and soldiers, it was fine.  However with say Alien, then Marine, Alien, Predator, Marine.......yeah feels a little like a rush job and not much thought gone in to it at all

DOOMSDAY-1

DOOMSDAY-1

Each class will have their own single-player campaign. CHECKED!!

Badboy0405

Badboy0405

Remember these ain't actual s shots far too good,remember ack shots and actual gameplay anyone?   :-\  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed