Aliens: Colonial Marines DS

Started by Darkness, May 26, 2009, 08:29:32 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines DS (Read 18,903 times)

Darkness

Darkness

According to Destructoid, a new Aliens DS game was in the works but was cancelled by Sega due to financial reasons. The game was a side-scroller developed by Wayforward in association with Gearbox Software.

Gameplay footage has found its way onto YouTube. Notable scenes include a Space Jockey Alien, a Rhino Alien (?), and a Powerloader fighting with a Queen. Thanks to Mr. Weyland for the news.

Update: Sega had the video removed from YouTube. You can watch the gameplay footage over on GameVideos.

Purebreedalien

It looked great, too bad it was cancelled.    :-\  

shakermakerman

looks like the snes Alien 3 game

Redskins

Redskins

I'm glad it was cancelled. The last thing we need is a Rhino Alien and Space Jokey alien.... Although the powerloader fight looked kinda cool, wonder if somebody would make a flash thing out of that?

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I kind of guessed this would make the news, its to much of a surprise.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Looks like fun if they released it as a $14 dollar game.

skull-splitter

I'd buy a DS for that sort of games LOL

bobby brown

bobby brown

that space jockay aliens is the uglyest incarnation Ive ever seen.

Xhan

Xhan

The Jockey Alien looks butt ugly....

Cellien

Cellien

Lol, Sega sucks.  They went nuts with the Aliens IP and none of them have been in the gamer's hands except that arcade.

shinigami

shinigami

Looks like the good old Alien 3 game for a different console. Interesting song there was. Though as an Alien game it would most deffinetly fail.     :-\    The Jockey Alien look should have been taken from the comic book, this one looked bad.

bobby brown

bobby brown

that "gorrilla/rhino" alien looks quite shit asswell. wonder what that mutated giant alien queen at the end is...

Splinter Cell

Splinter Cell

No way man, no way.

Flaming Firefox

Darn that looked pretty cool to me.

roguepl

roguepl

I have a feeling that this game had the same/similar storyline to pc/xbox/ps3 version has. So I guess we can expect some of.... THIS...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed