Tony Scott Confirms 'Alien' Prequel

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2009, 09:01:08 PM

Author
Tony Scott Confirms 'Alien' Prequel (Read 20,932 times)

Jay Thomas

Bring on a new era of Aliens! I would love the film to be as amazing as the originals but knowing that these days, that's not always the case, I'll settle for another round of Dark Horse Aliens novels that might ensue!       ;-)

Space Disc Jockey

;D   I LOVE this news. Finally, they are going to tell us about the Space Jockey and show us the Alien homeworld...and it's a prequel and not a sequel to Alien Resurrection! And this Carl Rinsch dude certainly has a GREAT visual eye. I can't wait. Should look amazing. Now, I just hope the script/story will be good. Who the hell is going to write it? Dan and Ron? I'm very excited about this news. Hell, even Ridley is involved...idk, I have high hopes for this. They should call it "ALIEN: ORIGIN".

Starkiller

Tony Scott: Yes, Carl Rinsch is going to do the 'prequel' to Alien _____________  its a prequel to alien i.e its set before the first one, its NOT a reamke, why dont people read the news before posting lol

Starkiller

Im all for a prequel to alien, however im dissapointed ridley isn't directing it    :(   however, as long his involved that's something, I also agree with an earlier comment, it better involve giger. Fingers crossed this turns out good, good story & direction aswell as cast & crew   :)   FOX dont screw this up!

Rudy M Alapag Jr

Rudy M Alapag Jr

i'm happy that another '"Alien"' movie was gonna come. i knew it. without Siggy to be in it one more time. should be again with the space jockeys and why that ship crashed landed with all those eggs without the queen shown. it was a story that i read from "Aliens: Original Sin" and also a ending commentary of "Alien" from the cast saying we should go back and find out about the creatures being released and never being left alone, before the crew bringing a Alien facehugger  aboard. This time its with Ripley but this is a prequel  and its before her, before Ripley and her crew. and the android - how unpredictable. can't wait but its coming out 2011 summertime release.

Vemados

Ridley Scott's on board... but have you heard the ideas he had for Alien?  Retarded ones.

Rudy M Alapag (Ripley) Jr

o.k. ridley really got ideas he had for "Alien" remake. i've been waiting for this movie to come and being made since the  film of "Alien 2" came out and seeing Sigourney and Paul talking to each other about that dereclict ship that had the colony ending up in there and being xenomorphing. we love the aliens and ripley. now its all coming as a loop starting with the ship landed on LB426 and with queen planting the eggs in there. then IT sort of disappeared. the way i'll see the series is: Alien 1 thru AR to the new Alien film. time to know about the jockeys and those eggs on board. the company has released the creature queen and starting on taking innocent lives and taking them to be cocooned. this is the company's fault. their doing, especially that 1st robot.

I, I'm sorry i lost my well, whatever i acted. i'll agree your ways this time Vemados. it has been difficult for me to disagree with your guys comments. hesitating on a Alien remake and forced myself to say whatever i had to say. how long we waited after Alien Resurrection, what story Rip and Call will do next. but its not their time. probably having Rip has a evil still half-alien Ripley.

PrediBabe97

Well ... Unfortunately, it never interested me in any part of the Alien, Predator and AVP is more interested in what will be will be, maybe ... has also come    :-\     ???  

Commander Griker

Rudy M Alapag (Ripley) Jr  you mean LV426 not LB426 but yeah i really hope its a prequel with marines

Crescent-31

Crescent-31

*sigh*  Let ILM do the special effects.. they did a great job on Transformers. So we can kick ADI out of this francise

Hicks_0998

@Predibabe: what the f**k?

I DONT CARE ANYMORE

I DONT CARE ANYMORE

I think Sigourney is surprised. No more money for this expensive person.   ;D  

TheAncientEnemy

Whenever fanboys clamor to see mysteries de-mystified in their favorite franchises they forget that what makes these things so cool is what's left to our imagination and not spelled out for us. I guarantee that people who are all jazzed up to see some "alien homeworld" or some kind of space jockey drama unfold will be bitching about how much it sucks when they see it on the screen. Not because it's necessarily bad (which it will be) but because they don't understand that mysteries are cooler when left unsolved and there is no image anyone can bring you that will be as stimulating as your own imagination even if you can't put a finger on what it is exactly that you want.  As soon as you get your uninspired "alien homeworld" and piss and moan about how lame it is and how it looks like Star Wars or is "gay" you will immediately turn around and say something like "yeah but in the NEXT one they will get it right! I can't wait!"  For the sake of good art, which is the last thing Hollywood can offer anymore, stop giving these people the benefit of the doubt and stop paying them to ruin the icons that greater, more talented visionaries created before them.  Oh well.

GrimyGhost

lets just pray it doesn't do a terminator and go PG13.... if not then this could be good..   :-\  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed