AICN Talk To Robert Rodriguez

Started by Darkness, Apr 25, 2009, 06:54:12 PM

Author
AICN Talk To Robert Rodriguez (Read 15,774 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Dallas, because the screenplay he did, which this is going to be based on, is just bad, my friend...   :)    It's linked in the forums, if you want to read.

clovers

clovers

like jonhnny handsome said ,has correct about fox ,alway cut the budget from alien and predator movies,and belife Robert Rodriguez is a great director and, have to gone do same problem like James Cameron and othres  did. Ps.: sorry my engles.Desculpem meu ingles.

TheBatman

TheBatman

Sorry, can you link the script?

Zillamaster202

;D   YEAHH!!! Their bringing the Predator series back again! Someone finally knocked some sense into FOX for once...this is going to be great!   ;D  

Ian

Ian

I don't understand why people are even talking about this.  FOX is so predictable.  They have a release date already?!  C'mon!  Can't you see what is happening?  Next you will hear that it is PG 13 because they "want to reach a wider audience."  They keep turning out this garbage because FOX knows people will always keep coming back in hope.  Why take the time and effort to make a good movie when they can make $$$$ like this.  Its really sad.  Hey FOX!  I have a suggestion for you!!  Why don't you try making a good movie?  You might even make more $$$.  Hmmmmmm.

Brian

Brian

I got a good script. The predators come down to earth in their space ship in  search for Arnold. Thats their only mission is to find Arnold. Once they find him they will have to bring him back to the predator homeworld for a final showdown. If he wins, they will respect him and send him back to earth on one of the little predator space ships. If he loses they will either kill him or put him through another fight. All we need is Arnold to star in it. Trust me if you pay the guy 40 million, garuntee he will do it, i mean who would'nt do it for 40 million. He comes out of office this year anyway so its perfect unless he doesnt run again

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Brian, how would Predators find Dutch, if they rely on heat vision? It's not like they exactly pick up on any meaningful facial definition. :) Even if they did, they don't know his name or anything. They wouldn't even have any way to know that he was responsible for killing the other one. Even if you assume that the mask was somehow recording everything, it was deliberately disconnected and thrown away, before their last major confrontation.  There's no motivation or plausible way for them to be hunting Dutch, except for coincidence. Much more plausible would be him in some sort of team dispatched to hunt and retrieve them. That's the only way they're likely to cross paths, again.

brian

brian

I think its possible for the predators to find Arnold. Lets just say the predator in predator 1 sent a video recording to the homeworld before he set the nuke bomb to explode. The predators from all the predator movies not the Avp ones all got the recording of Arnolds type as a human, and the exact heat definition of him. Its alittle complicated, but it can work out.

Commander Griker

Robert Rodriguez did spy kids why the f**k is he going to taken on a predators film it better be rated R

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

No, all they would have got was the Predator's perspective looking very much as if it was soon going to kill its unarmed prey. There were several minutes between then and the detonation. Why would they assume the cause of it was that creature, with it looking disarmed?  And no, Dutch's heat signature was rather fuzzy and generic. DEFINITELY nothing in it you could pick out at any sort of distance, let alone keep track of through buildings and subways.  You'd also have the problem of why they bothered to wait more than two decades even trying to attempt it.  Look at a thermal image from space. You can't pick out individuals using nothing but that. :) And we know it wasn't using anything else to recognise the target, because it was never able to locate prey it knew was nearby, when temperature was lowered.  They have absolutely no way to find the guy or even need to. Besides which, it would contradict how Harrigan was deliberately left alone, once his score was settled!  The only way to do it is for Dutch to be searching for them. Not the other way around.

Chocolate man!

Commander Griker, yes it's true, Rodriguez did Spy Kids, but he  also did Desperado, Grindhouse/Planet Terror, Sin City and Once upon a time in Mexico, all of which were rated R.

BloodyJungle

BloodyJungle

Brian congrats! That is almost the worst idea for a movie ever. Only thing worse I suppose is Superman fighting polar bears and giant spiders.

Brian

Brian

you try and come up with a better one

David

David

Nice Superman IV reference there BloodyJungle.  FOX has a golden opportunity here. AVPR may have irreparably damaged the alien's reputation but it renewed the public's interest in predators. If they keep this simple and avoid gimmicks then this could be the Predator sequel we all wanted.

ubcool

ubcool

the first film was set in the present , the second the future(sort of) why not just set it in the past.  get vin diesel or whoever can get a big budget choose an interesting historical confilct/location ie vietnam, iraq, ww2 africa, or where ever,  and get a writer to copy predator 1 , bingo you have made 200 million.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed