Joss Whedon for Alien 5?

Started by Darkness, Feb 22, 2009, 10:56:37 PM

Author
Joss Whedon for Alien 5? (Read 23,288 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Whedon wrote Resurrection didn't he?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yes, he did. And I dunno about you guys, but I thought it was common knowledge he did an A5 script straight away after AR?

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Is the Cameron script online somewhere?  or a synopsis?

oranjeman

oranjeman

No way Fox should use Joss Whedon for ALIEN 5.  ALIEN RESURRECTION totally sucked and everybody couldn't figure out what that movie is all about.  Whedon is a TV guy with unsuitable humour and storytelling for the ALIEN franchise.  And SERENITY sucks and a bit self-important and damn boring.   Bring and pay whatever James Cameron and Ridley want.  Save ALIEN 5 to be the ultimate version of them all!  Go to the ALIEN home planet, and make ALIEN 5 a cross between the ALIEN and ALIENS.

frankaster

frankaster

No GOD! Not again!   :-[     :-[  

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Alien Resurrection NEVER happened as far as I am concerned. The Alien Saga ended after Alien 3. The book is closed. The saga is written and over with.   Joss Whedon is to film making as is Stephanie Meyer is to writing.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I'd rather see it set in space, keep Earth for those 7 foot Rastafarian hunters we all know and love   :D  

Cellien

Cellien

Glad his script didn't get used.  Whedon isn't terrible, and can write some cool stuff (Firefly), but you really have to be in the mood for his stuff, at least I do.  Aliens and Whedon's writing style don't mix, imo.  A4 seems to be such an oddball in the series.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Well had the Earth setting been something rural or desolate like the AvP movies, I would be against it. However, if it was set in a futuristic metropolis or on Gateway Station or somewhere else where the science fiction element can thrive I would be for it. Especially if it depicted a global infestation as opposed to a minor outbreak.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

this has a horrible stink all over it.

rexemmen

rexemmen

If Joss Whedon gets it's change to write an alien film again. I think it would be nothing sorter than a slapstik adventure, and nothing more. FOX is destroying the franchise, and as far as i'm concearned Alien ressurection was a farce. The story for ripley ended with Alien3.  I would like to see Jim or Ridley or maybe chris nolan do an Alien 5 with the ambience of Alien but that is another story. Fox should get there heads out of there arses and save the franshise by contracting one of the old directors because they have the experience.

god of war

god of war

what is up fox they dont know a good movie from anther  ?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

@Hicks:  Thanks. Since that's the case, NO TO WHEDON FOR A5!!!!

Me

Me

wow, everyones all "alien ressurection sucked" WHAT!! no it didint it was 1000x better than that failure of a film alien 3.  the purpose was to bring back ripley for ppl who ask what the purpose of the film was, they wanna continue the story and milk it for what its worth....  as ppl can see from avp and avpr they dont give a shit what we want.

Rudy

Rudy

Alien 3 was that she had to die in the 3rd. Alien Resurrection Ripley had to find out what her allegiance lies and who she is which. and going back to Earth was that she had to...well, she is still a stranger and how will in A5 she has to be half-human/alien/clone 8 all over again, and/or she might not be Clone No. 8,she has to figure out gettting out alive in one more round with the creatures.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed