Joss Whedon for Alien 5?

Started by Darkness, Feb 22, 2009, 10:56:37 PM

Author
Joss Whedon for Alien 5? (Read 23,287 times)

Darkness

Darkness

MTV Movies Blog spoke to Sigourney Weaver recently about a potential Alien 5 movie. Interestingly this time, she mentioned that Fox had a script written by Joss Whedon (Alien Resurrection, Buffy) and that it took place on Earth.

“”You know, Fox was going to do another one,” Sigourney Weaver said to us recently while accepting Ripley’s honor. “They had it written. Joss Whedon wrote it.” As Weaver remembered it, however, the script from the “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” mastermind just didn’t rock her world. “It took place on earth,” she explained. “Which, I have to say, just really didn’t interest me. And I just felt that every time we went out there, we needed to have a really original piece.”

Which is a shame, because Weaver said that at the time she was perfectly willing to take on the Aliens once again. “I was all for going back to the original planet; I thought that would be interesting,” she explained. “But I was alone in that; we couldn’t really agree on what would be interesting.”"

She goes on to say that she feels the Alien series isn’t finished and that she’d do another one if they had the right script. If Joss Whedon wrote a script, it must have been a long time ago, before James Cameron started writing his script. Thanks to JK for the news.

Corporal Harrison

I'm glad they didn't, i'm sick of xenomorphs on Earth.

Alien³

Alien³

I'm with you on that one, f**king earth.

War Wager

War Wager

I'm not. ^ Sure there'd be some mystery in space, but having them on Earth isn't instintly going to make it a bad movie.  As for Whedon on the A5 script, I'm not sure what to make of it. Theres a good bet it would have been similar to A:R with it's black humour, over-the-top violence etc. As much as I love that movie, I would prefer that they returned to the gritty horror of the first movie.

shinigami

shinigami

I agree. I'd hate that idea of Aliens on earth again. I was hoping to see the origin of the Aliens and their home planet.    :-\  

EEV2650

EEV2650

I just want too see the home planet of the aliens and how the space jockey works into the whole thing. I wonder if they could still make it to where the space jockey created the xenomorph what with AVP out there now and all.

Splinter Cell

Splinter Cell

Come on man the Aliens series is NOT finished . One more film to tie up the loose ends . We can all agree that the second film was just pure f**king magic .   Weyland Yutani keep getting their ass kicked so lets say they get a tad pissed off and send some COLONIAL MARINES to f**k up these aliens where they live . Im no director but come on this has to be the base of the story line , directors can add in the shizzle and make it span out to a great film.

predalien-hybrid

predalien-hybrid

At first I thought that returning to the alien homeworld would ruin the mystery of it...but the predators did that a long time ago.    :-\    I like Whedon's writing a lot but I will rather see a script done by Cameron that will gurantee success!    :)  

Cooke Boy

Cooke Boy

It's all good    8)  

Gnome Smasher

Gnome Smasher

It would be nice to put a "final" closing on the series but I think it shouldn't be made.   One way it would work on the original planet is for her to have a memory and want to see what happened to her crew.

JD

JD

We have AVP3 in space and A5 on earth! What has the world come to?! (Oh and it should be right script not write script in the article. Thanks for the news though. Id rather wait for one of the games!)

Dingo

Dingo

Didn't Joss Whedon write Alien Ressurection?    >:(  

Alien Genesis

Alien Genesis

I'm glad to see that Sigourney Weaver wants to go back to the Alien homeworld.  I'm surprised that no one shared her interest in that, though; are the people who disagreed with her on something?  Going back to where it all started, injecting the Space Jockey into the storyline, doing a genesis story of sorts.  Come on, people!  Why has no one ever done this story?  It just boggles my mind.

Sulaco

Sulaco

I just cant believe the alien homeworld could ever live up to the hype on screen. Joss Whedons a bad idea, an the Earth setting sucks. A5 production hell.   >:D  

Rudy M Alapag Jr

Rudy M Alapag Jr

do u guys ever think that Sigourney Weaver is making a Alien spin-off focusing on only her, "RIPLEY" the chronicles of her. and absolutely "NO ALIENS". which i thought that she's a stranger to earth and she's now but still half-human/alien, and Sigourney isn't ready to go back to earth @ all. now i read that  it's taking place on our home planet? didn't Joss say he wants to go back to Alien and find out about the creatures, and the space jockey landing and stranded on LV426 and why it was there in the 1st place,to the homeworld of the Aliens then to Alien 1 the 1st movie, so it goes in a circle, somehow. but for me, i already knew what happened. So, i'm not saying anything about the story.just my comments.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed