Aliens RPG Finally Cancelled?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2009, 11:14:43 PM

Author
Aliens RPG Finally Cancelled? (Read 9,334 times)

Corporal Hicks

And as the days go on, Sega remains quiet but everyone else is shouting. AvPGalaxy visitor Kyle recently uncovered the blog of an ex-designer for Obsidian, with the “cancelled Aliens RPG” on his resume:

“April 2008 "" February 2009 (11 months)
Designer for canceled third-person action Aliens RPG (Xbox 360, PS3, & PC)”

David Kondor’s blog also lists his roles while working on the game. Still nothing official. Thanks again to Kyle for the news.

Zwecky

Zwecky

This doesn't really bother me, never really liked the idea of the RPG, I  just don't believe the genre is well suited to the aliens universe.

marinm

marinm

aaa...its all going to hell...wtf 2011\12 colonial marines....come on...in my opinion they should have kept in secret all the projects and then in hm... 2014 surprise...A.CM!!!!hahaha   ;D  

Xeno

Xeno

It's still no confirmation just because a laid-off designer writes on his blog, that it got canceled.  Don't panic, wait for an official statement.

dachande89

dachande89

I just want a freaking Aliens game!   >:(  

gameoverman

gameoverman

This sucks because I was looking forward to this.  Hopefully they give it to Bioware if they ever revive the project.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

That would make everyone shit themselves...not gonna happen though.    :'(  

Griffith

Griffith

I don't get it..this game with a good plot could be a very good RPG why cancell this? I mean look others RPG that are EPIC classics like Zelda, Chrono, FFVI, Breath of fire and recent RPGs like Bioshock among many others. *sight* Maybe one day we will have a chance to get an RPG based on aliens franchise hopefuly

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

This isnt a surprise as we've barely been given any information regarding both games.  However isnt it funny how when Sega announced the development of an AvP game that they suddenly come out saying oh were sort of canceling A:CM and the RPG.....but we wont give an official statement because we love to leave you guys hanging.  Just give it up and make a statement already for gods sake.

Xenomorphine

Griffith, what gave you an indication that there was even a plot mapped out, much less that it was particularly good?   :)    We knew virtually nothing about either of these projects. Considering neither of them would have allowed you to have been one of the creatures, I suspect they would have just devolved into typical fare, in any case. The newer game will let you do that, which would at least set it out from the rest.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Amen to that xeno.  I just hope Sega can finish what they started with their new AvP game otherwise the Alien RPG and A:CM will become a cliche like Doom 3's "it'll be done when its done".

chuck fausel

chuck fausel

Doesn't surprise me, either. I never really could see an Aliens RPG game on my television, but a FPS... HELL, YEAH!!!!  I am so desperate for A:CM to come out. Don't get me wrong: AVP on the 360: anytime. First thing is first... Keep your word on A:CM original release date. So much for that.   >:(  

Cookie Boy

Cookie Boy

Omfg ... all theese speculations .. i am gettings so tired of this !! cant someone give us som REAL info?

MrFacehug

MrFacehug

The idea of an Aliens RPG is exciting to me, so I hope they won't cancel it. Although this game has the third place on my hype-list. The first two being AvP3 and ACM. If they have to cancel any of the games, it should be the RPG.

JD

JD

I think im going to burst into tears.... Why is everyone trying to kill the franchise! Im counting on AVP3 and A:CM. Wait for the official word though.   :(  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed