Sigourney Weaver Talks Alien 5

Started by Darkness, Aug 10, 2008, 08:10:34 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver Talks Alien 5 (Read 19,089 times)

Xenomorphine

I don't want prequel stuff. If that happens, you know there's no way the creatures could potentially pose any threat. There needs to be some sort of unpredictability.

Sulaco

Sulaco

I don't want sequel sh*t!!! If that happens { Raptor sh*t} There needs to be biomechanical alien!!! PERIOD.

blackhawk

blackhawk

What ever movie comes out Alien 5 or AvP 3, they gotta put the colonial marines in it and have them as bad ass as they were in Aliens. Say if AvP 3 was going to be done have the marines travel to the predators home world and bring back more predator technology to earth. The marines crash land, there's aliens on the planet, there's a huge war between the species....if Fox would make a movie like that and get a really good director and writer....$$$$$ makes sense to me!!

Alien Genesis

Alien Genesis

Xenomorphine, I respectfully disagree.  I would love to see a prequel of sorts; or, as I put it, an origin story.  What is the Alien's genesis?  Where did it come from?  Where did the Space Jockey come from?  Are they from the same place?  A movie that centered on a storyline involving the Alien genesis and the Space Jockey would be awesome.  These are questions I've had since the first movie came out; six films later, and we've never revisited the Space Jockey storyline, or how it was connected to the Alien in the first place.  Can't you imagine how rich that would be, as opposed to another B-average horror flick where people get, predictably, sliced and diced, blah blah blah.  Come on, FOX!  There are still decent stories to tell!  Jump on them NOW while PEOPLE STILL CARE!

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

awsomeman has a point.  I don't think Bay could do Aliens 5, but AVP3. I mean I never knew people loved the story about 2 monsters beating the shit out of each other instead of going to see 2 monsters beat the shit out of each other. Really you can't make that movie like Aliens and Alien and Predator when all 3 of those movies had 1 monsters, alot of mystery behind them, you bearly saw any of them except the end (except aliens) and all 3 films were about the main ppl in the movies. Now when it comes to 2 aliens who kill and rip skulls out of bodies and shoot out of ppls chest and become bigger and have all these clan laws and all this shit going on....how do you expect an AVP movie to have all the room for the ppl when you have the 2 monsters who btw are fighting.   Ya know I said something like this before, i think ppl are just not going to see how Alien, Aliens, and Predator has way more becasue it was about the ppl surviving the monsters.

FeDeralee!

FeDeralee!

I totally agree. I wanted to find out the origins of the sapce jockies like yester-decade, lol. I never knew coke was a hell of a drug for the hollywood elites.. I wonder if I'll ever see a good director bring the unknown of the space jockies or the alien, predator homeworlds to light? I can only wish, lol that I will see colonial marines land on a predator homeworld, then you see a space jockie, alien and an elder predator be like "surprise! wantwant, some ca-candy?...."   ???     ???  

RumorControl

It shouldn't be Scott, Cameron, Fincher, or anyone associated with the previous films.  A new Alien film deserves a new director.

What?

What?

Why not just play it safe and stick with the classic directors? If anything, itd be something NEW and something FRESH because we havent had a good film in the series in a long ass time

GO ALIEN5 !

GO ALIEN5 !

Weaver doesn't demand the leading role? I'm surprised. I think it's good. She could be "the new Ash" e.g.    >:D  

Xenomorphine

AG: Look at the forums. People don't want that, because it demystifies the creatures. Plus, anything a production team comes up with will never compare to what your imagination did, when you first saw that ship.  Let sleeping dogs lie. Explore new territory.

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

Why hasn't anyone layed out the best choice ever just when he presented himself with the DARK KNIGHT after BATMAN BEGINS  Christopher Nolan is currently the most intelligent, original, vigilant director in Huge-Production, Blockbuster HollyWood. He has proved himself twice. He brings brain and soul into the arena of films that put that last and Special Effects first. He does not revolve stories around a handful of cool ideas and connect with mesh-mash scripts. He starts from point 1, the first step of the story, and goes the logic most character revealing way to the finish. And he gets greater results than any who think the other way. His style in BB and DK is the mirror image of the Alien/Predator Universe.  Make him do Alien5, Pred3, or AVP3. He'll make the Alien as scary and intelligent as film 1. He'll make the Predator a character of the story, not a SFX product to show how to kill a human. Nolan will do that by not overexploiting them as they have since A-R and P2, not having this suspense killing "Remeber Fans?". He'll not overexploit by having the story be a human story from the human's POV. He'll have a story that makes sense that does not revolve around "This'll be cool despite stupidity".  FINAL STATEMENT. Dark Knight is the perfect Batman film. Nolan can't let himself do a Batman 3 that won't top. What next? Fix what needs fixing. The Aliens and Predators that genuises created that are continued by neglects.

Xenomorphine

Have to disagree. The two most recent 'Batman' films, yes, are probably the best adaptations of their source material, but they didn't personally impress me, as films. Nor do I believe their aesthetic style would suit this franchise.  I didn't see anything which made me believe he could effectively convey horror, either. Yeah, I know the Joker was a bit creepy, but that's not the same thing as genuine horror, in my own view.  We could say Toim Burton is an accomplished director, too, who's done some genius stuff, but I don't think he'd suit it much, either, personally. :)

rudy ripley

rudy ripley

how about a ALIENS VS. PREDATOR VS. TERMINATOR FILM FROM THE COMIC? BASED ON THE COMIC? WELL, LIKE SEEING RIPLEY CLONE 8 DYING BY THE ALIENS? OR TERMINATORS? WHO WINS...? PREDATOR(S) BY KILLING THE ALIENS AND THE TERMINATOR(S) BY HIMSELF.  R.I.P. RIPLEY!!!

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

To Xenomorphine: Yeah the Joker is creepy. And that's infinity beyond not feeling a soul chill in A-R, AVP, or AVP. You agree on Nolan how excellent he did in BB and DK, but then say it's NOT GOOD enough to fix the SHIT caused by them?  Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are the BEST BLOCKBUSTERS I've ever seen. I swear this is not a fan who was pissed with Batman and Robin. I was aware with Batman, but never got into it. Then BB then DK showed it's a miracle film of blockbusters. Anything these days are idoits in comparison. It has a organic story, characters in full form, directed to the best of capabilities to a scene.  Story is the most organic story you'll ever see in major film productions. Blockbusters are only focused on ideas not story or character arcs. "Here's a handful of cool one-liners, stunts & explosions, SFX sequences. Now what story we can think of that will fit it all in." Nolan being the writer is not based on ideas and fitting them in against logic and character. What elements bring the character to choice, he doesn't go where it'll lead to cool action, he goes to what directs the character and say, "may not be the biggest but it's the most fullfilling" and where ever he went he got better results than the common choice.

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

The characters are multipurpose. Half the characters in other blockbusters are but in for one thing then killed off or those giving multipurpose are pointless. BB and DK has a character that influences throughout.  Most Oscars for Best Director are for the smaller film directors. Out of the couple of Blockbusters that did get that, Christopher Nolan would be the most deserving. (exception for Speilberg in Saving Private Ryan). Action scenes are nothing close to overdone. Today it's all on dozens of jumps, kicks, martial arts, and bullet time. And not to mention slow-motion to have people actually follow or jerky cameras to not make out anything. Nolan in DK does it one-act. What the Batmobile did to the Dumpster Truck and Batcycle did to the Joker's Truck, done in one manuver, was more impressive than the your entire year mid-level action movies. Cinematography made it so. And out of the action, it puts you in the mood your suppose to feel. Most films have a good scene every now and then, and favorites distances apart. In BB and 10-fold DK had me love virtually every minute of every scene like it's the best scene of the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed