AvP Franchise Dead, Long Live Predator?

Started by Darkness, Sep 22, 2008, 09:30:06 PM

Author
AvP Franchise Dead, Long Live Predator? (Read 29,857 times)

Griker

Griker

they're ditching the AvP franchise WTF!!!!! what about AVP 3 set in the Alien future like in the Novels and Pc games what the FU!@#!@#!@#!!!!!!!!! they didn't present AVP to its fool aspect    :'(  

RakaiThwei

Well, we got opinions out of the way-- but one thing I think we can agree upon is that AvP3 should be set in space or on a colonized world. If you ask me, I think they should do a film adaptation of the original comic. Infact, in 1994, Peter Briggs had pitched in a screenplay adaptation of the comic. Very few websites happen to have this old script and I think Fox should at least consider doing Peter Briggs' script.   You can read it here at Alien Legend:   http://www.planetavp.com/al/Multimedia/Scripts/avpbriggs.txt

Xenomorphine

Rakai: The first film had all the Aliens dying and lots of Predators living on in their spaceship. The Alien nest was destroyed, along with the Queen and eggs. If that's what you call 'winning', then that means they 'won' in 'Aliens', too.  Darkness: Of course a good such film can be made! It just depends on who's involved with it, just like any project on film.

RakaiThwei

Xenomorphine: I say the Aliens won in AvP for the sheer fact that essentially, all three Unbloodeds, Celtic, Scar and Chopper immediately died during their first hunt. Chopper being the first, Celtic being the last-- and Scar, ended up being a host to the PredAlien. Technically, in retrospect, the Yautja lost in the events of AvP-- despite Scar being alive and being blooded after his first kill.

nish nish

nish nish

^^ RakaiThwei  I have not read the script yet, will later when I have time.  But one thing, does it do anything to ruin the Alien canon?  (Meaning Alien origin, homeworld, and space jockey's)  If so I don't want to read it, if not I will read it and a AVP 3 movie in space avoiding the above would be alright

RakaiThwei

Nish Nish: Absoloutely not at all. No mention of the Alien Origin, Homeworld-- nothing at all.  The Peter Briggs script is a screenplay adaptation of the original Dark Horse Alien vs Predator comic. It has Dachande, Machiko, basically it's a script if the original comic were to be a movie.   I've read it and it's pretty faithful to the original comic.

Xenomorphine

Rakai: Like I said, if your'e going to use that logic, then the Aliens won in 'Aliens', too. After all, all of the 'warriors' sent to fight them ended up dying or too critically injured to be of much use - and Ripley ended up being host to a Queen.

MrFacehug

Well, I love the first AvP comic, but I would hate it if they did a film about it. That's simply because Machiko and the pred teams up in that one. Then we'll have another crappy human-pred alliance like the first AvP movie. I was really happy that they ditched that idea in AvP:R. Team ups can be ok, at best, in the comics, but never, NEVER on film.

Predhunter

Predhunter

So, no more AVP, then... Well, i guess Fox dumbasses got what they wanted! They ruined both franchises by creating a cheap one!!   Budgets of $60 milion and $40 milion for the both movies of a combined franchise...What a joke!! DUMBASSES!!!! I can´t believe how they could be so incompetent!  This is a perfect example of what not to do when you´re ahead of a great movie production company...

Predhunter

Predhunter

Oh... And why i do believe that AVP franchise is dead? Simple: The Brothers made it perfectly clear that the next movie had to be in space. There´s no other way to do it...  And today, a decent third AVP scifi movie that takes action in space costs at least $100 million!!  Do you think that Fox is willing to pay the bill??

RakaiThwei

MrFacehug:   I have no idea why everyone here seems to hate the team up-- whats wrong with team ups? To me I see nothing wrong with it at all. It has been a prevailent thing in the comics, starting from the very first one and it has been a memorable theme to go with.   Sure, AvP doesn't always have team ups, but the original comic had it and it was by far the best comic out there.   AVP paid tribute to the comic by having a team up and never before have I heard such complaining. Whats wrong with it? Do people hate it because it spawned the Subtext Fangirl moment? (Yes, I KNOW all about that)  Why do so many people hate team ups?

AGodfather

AGodfather

what is the problem  with the AVP films I dont get it????? AVP and AVPR are part of my favorite films   so can someone tell me what is wrong with them becaus e I really enjoy them YES I said it, ''I enjoy them''  lets talk about business

davebhamuk

Predator 3 should basically revisit themes from the first two films. Basically the government after the events of AVP-R get their acts together and realise that Predators are to blame for the incident. The people from Predator 2 who were trying to get a Predator specimen would be given the go ahead to do whatever they need to do etc. So a town in Afghanistan is picked to have their water supply spiked with something that will make the locals more aggressive. We'd follow the guys on the Allied side trapped in the middle of it all and the Predators come to play.

rosie

rosie

???   AVP3  just one more to fix the mess of  last AVPr.  Would love a predator 3.

Sulaco

Sulaco

I remember some decent predator comics too, one story had a billionaire who had a predator in a captivity cage for personal entertainment. Good stories these comics are!!  HHHHHMMMMM!!! with retarded yoda face.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed